Options

Inside No. 9 - Series 2

feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry I done a search but couldn't find the Thread for this one.

Anyway new series starts tonight on BBC2 at 22.00.

Series 2 Episode 1 of 6
La Couchette.
On board the sleeper from Paris to Bourg St Maurice, a motley collection of passengers try to get a quiet night's sleep as the train makes its way across France. But as the sleeping compartment fills up, the chances of that begin to look highly unlikely. In deuxième classe, everyone can hear you scream...

Comments

• Options
    TabbyKitten95TabbyKitten95 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    I'm there, feckit

Big fan of Shearsmith and Pemberton, looking forward to it :)
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Cannot wait. I loved the 1st series.

When are they going to fix the search button >:(
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring it on!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    feckit wrote: »
    Sorry I done a search but couldn't find the Thread for this one.

Anyway new series starts tonight on BBC2 at 22.00.

Series 2 Episode 1 of 6
    La Couchette.
    On board the sleeper from Paris to Bourg St Maurice, a motley collection of passengers try to get a quiet night's sleep as the train makes its way across France. But as the sleeping compartment fills up, the chances of that begin to look highly unlikely. In deuxième classe, everyone can hear you scream...
    There was a thread created a few months back
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2041612

Not sure if you want to ask them to merge or just choose on or the other to continue with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Looking forward to this.
  • Options
    teacup333teacup333 Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with this, so watched both the new episodes
    Really good - the character Fong in The 12 days of Christine looked to be channelling Amy from BBT :D
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I was expecting this series to be like 'League of Gentlemen' style of comedy! NOOO!
    What a Black Comedy this is!
    No sign of "Are you Local??" or "We'll have none of this here!" - not even a toad in sight.

Last episode was very weird and very creepy - and touching at the end! It wasn't comedy at all - it was sheer BRILLIANCE in DRAMA! Tom Riley and Sheridan Smith played it so well - I had tears in my eyes at the end. Reece and Steve are excellent writers, I love that they write themselves into small parts of the story!
  • Options
    teacup333teacup333 Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Ooooooh, David Warner *swoons* :)
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting this series to be like 'League of Gentlemen' style of comedy! NOOO!
    What a Black Comedy this is!
    No sign of "Are you Local??" or "We'll have none of this here!" - not even a toad in sight.

Last episode was very weird and very creepy - and touching at the end! It wasn't comedy at all - it was sheer BRILLIANCE in DRAMA! Tom Riley and Sheridan Smith played it so well - I had tears in my eyes at the end. Reece and Steve are excellent writers, I love that they write themselves into small parts of the story!
    I'm sorry I missed the first series of this as the first three have been excellent.

I don't know why it's really billed as comedy, dark or otherwise, at all either, this seems to be Tales of the Unexpected meets Armchair Thriller.

The 12 days episode was utterly brilliant, and profoundly disturbing. How they managed to act out that scene at the end is completely beyond me, they must all have ice running through their veins.

One question though, what was the significance of Bobby tiptoeing past behind her while she was blindfolded at the birthday party, or was that some sort of 'gag'?

Hopefully series 1 will get a rerun sometime soon.