Big Brother USA 2015 - Episode 24 - HoH/Nominations - 17 August - 1.30am

richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Situation:

Shelli evicted and the first member of this year's jury

Steve won the next HoH and in some baffling move put the two weakest players on the block in Meg and Jackie

John then won the PoV which he didn't use, so Jackie was sent to the jury house with Shelli

Total waste of an HoH, and hopefully whoever wins HoH tonight will not be as lily livered as Steve was

Start delayed in some places due to golf

Comments

• richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hamsterwatch #BB17 ‏@hamsterwatch 2m2 minutes ago

some streams are up now, some are not.. I'll be tweeting the show when it starts after golf delay #bb17
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed Steve finally realises he should have booted Becky. I mean what was he doing. Becky and Vanessa both surviving is hilarious.

I honestly cannot deal with Steve and Meg blubbering, this is Big Brother people.

And of course Vanessa pounces on Steve in his vulnerable moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They kept Vanessa over Shelli so I've no sympathy for Meg or James/.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meg and James, and some others like Steve are just not gameplayers and weren't put in for that. Though, as always, I do wonder why some are put in. Steve's blubbering, supposedly 50% acting, was more annoying than funny. John as well hasn't really played much of a game from what I've seen. I don't like Vanessa though at least her paranoia creates some interest, don't really want her to get to the end though.
  • MediaMan5MediaMan5 Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really just don't like Steve at all... and even more each time he somehow tries to make out he's some sort of huge target with loads of influence and blood on his hands :/

Would Liz going after Vanessa be a good move for her this week? She's a number on her side but if she played it right she could make some great deals with the other side of the house and give herself a great moment for jury deliberation. I love the twins and their attitude but I really want Austin gone soon.

It annoying how you just know Meg and Steve are going to now coast through to the late stages of the game but at least Meg knows she a crap player. Whatever happens I just know we will be seeing Shelli back in the game soon enough...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently that chat with Vanessa/Johnny stuff was edited out according to feed watchers, stuff that wouldn't' exactly show Vanessa in a glowing light. On feeds she's even more of a paranoid wreck apparently than is being shown on the show.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Steve won the next HoH and in some baffling move put the two weakest players on the block in Meg and Jackie

John then won the PoV which he didn't use, so Jackie was sent to the jury house with Shelli

Total waste of an HoH, and hopefully whoever wins HoH tonight will not be as lily livered as Steve was

Getting the weakest out isn't a bad move/waste of an HoH. It frees up the space to give you a better chance of getting to the end. Jackie/her alliance didn't care for Steve... they didn't even care for Becky and she was way more with them than Steve ever was, yet they still voted out Shelli over Vanessa. If they can do that to someone they're aligned with, they certainly wouldn't care about screwing Steve over down the line.
    I'm amazed Steve finally realises he should have booted Becky. I mean what was he doing. Becky and Vanessa both surviving is hilarious.

I honestly cannot deal with Steve and Meg blubbering, this is Big Brother people.

And of course Vanessa pounces on Steve in his vulnerable moment.

Steve often lies to us. Maybe 'lies' is the wrong word, but he speaks to the cameras often saying he's going to do X, Y and Z, then afterwards, tries to backtracks and says he didn't mean to do that at all... well, yes, you did, because you told us a few hours ago that that's what you wanted. I hate that he lies to us... but then maybe he's just playing a scattered game and is fluking it?

He specifically said to the cameras 24 hours before the double eviction that he was going to nominate Jackie and Meg, he then pulled John into a room and told him to target them if he wins... he knew what he was doing, no idea why he's lying in the DR.
    They kept Vanessa over Shelli so I've no sympathy for Meg or James/.

Steve still would've won HoH and put up the same two people, and he still would've blamed Vanessa for it (she wouldn't have been there to defend herself so it would've worked out even better for him). Had Shelli won the HoH, one of James/Meg/Jackie still would've gone. Shelli going was best for their game because she had ties to Steve/John/Becky... whereas Vanessa has nobody. Ultimately, the decision ADC made had no effect on the outcome of the double eviction, but the decision will certainly help James and Meg going forward because Vanessa is completely alone, whereas Shelli would've had Becky/John/Steve who would've been completely loyal to her.
    Apparently that chat with Vanessa/Johnny stuff was edited out according to feed watchers, stuff that wouldn't' exactly show Vanessa in a glowing light. On feeds she's even more of a paranoid wreck apparently than is being shown on the show.

Vanessa is already being shown as the 'villain' - what more do people want?
    I thought it was pretty harsh of them to show that 'bully' conversation. The edit did imply she was a bully, when she's anything but if you watch the feeds. People use the term so loosely now.

It's Big Brother - John bitched about Vanessa, Clay went and threw him under the bus, Vanessa called him out and asked him who was lying James or Clay? Oh, such a bully, how dare she investigate when someone is trying to blow up her own game. John's suppose to be a superfan? He doesn't appear to have seen a single minute of the show; and if he has, he should've known he wouldn't be able to handle the pressure if he thinks that's "bullying". He ought to grow up.

It's quite clear the show's setting Vanessa up for a fall. She'll probably be gone next week... I understand why many don't like her, but I don't think she's the 'villain' type. Everything is just being dumped on her because it's easier that way (from both a houseguest and editor perspective).
  • 3rd World Disco3rd World Disco Posts: 22,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On feeds she's even more of a paranoid wreck apparently than is being shown on the show.

This is a massive understatement. :D

They've been missing out on a lot of people's in depth moments this season though, not just Vanessa's. Audrey is perhaps the biggest omission so far, speaking of paranoia.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the edit implied she was a bully. And it was hilarious when John said she shouted and yelled a lot and she seemed surprised at that.

One thing I'm tired of, and I've said it before, is all this addressing the camera outside of the DR. Is that the only way they think they can get their words across as the DR is heavily edited, guided and scripted even?
  • MistyEyes321MistyEyes321 Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone really buying this pathetic act off steven? I find him a huge bore.

John is another one play acting with his load of over exaggerated nonsence.

Can someone please have a strong word with these & future bbus housemates, to stop making ridiculous names up for alliances, Its so childish & every year another set try picking outrageous names & Failing miserably.

Apart from the above its been a good series so far, Vanessa & Austin are running this house & its time they started looking at Austin & the twins if these housemates let this carry on might as well just give them the money now & be done with it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    I don't think the edit implied she was a bully. And it was hilarious when John said she shouted and yelled a lot and she seemed surprised at that.

One thing I'm tired of, and I've said it before, is all this addressing the camera outside of the DR. Is that the only way they think they can get their words across as the DR is heavily edited, guided and scripted even?

I think so, anyone who watches BB knows all about producer manipulation so in order to circumvent it you basically have to speak directly to the cameras.

If I was on BB I wouldn't tell the DR anything, particularly concerning strategy.

Like Dannielle Reyes said on twitter the biggest problem with Vanessa is she doesn't own her shady gameplay, she acts so holier than thou even in the DR. Just own that'll you slit anyones throat if you need to.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone please have a strong word with these & future bbus housemates, to stop making ridiculous names up for alliances, Its so childish & every year another set try picking outrageous names & Failing miserably.

Big Brother force them to name the alliances to make it easier to follow on the episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep and didn't they forbid them from using Freaks and Geeks due to copyright, its so contrived :D
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I really really don't like Austin, he just gives me the creeps. And Steve, I just have no words to explain my dislike for him. Useless player that just needs to go, even his fake crying was just irritating to watch and if I have to watch him talk to himself and have anymore full on conversations I will lose my sanity.

John M for me is the only truly likeable and root-able one currently. Also the twins but they just need to lose Austin first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »

Vanessa is already being shown as the 'villain' - what more do people want?
    I thought it was pretty harsh of them to show that 'bully' conversation. The edit did imply she was a bully, when she's anything but if you watch the feeds. People use the term so loosely now.

It's Big Brother - John bitched about Vanessa, Clay went and threw him under the bus, Vanessa called him out and asked him who was lying James or Clay? Oh, such a bully, how dare she investigate when someone is trying to blow up her own game. John's suppose to be a superfan? He doesn't appear to have seen a single minute of the show; and if he has, he should've known he wouldn't be able to handle the pressure if he thinks that's "bullying". He ought to grow up.

It's quite clear the show's setting Vanessa up for a fall. She'll probably be gone next week... I understand why many don't like her, but I don't think she's the 'villain' type. Everything is just being dumped on her because it's easier that way (from both a houseguest and editor perspective).

Non-feed watchers like Vanessa more than the ones who watch the feeds so I don't think she is the villain of the season when in fact she should just own that she is as Danielle Reyes suggested, I don't get why nowadays nobody is happy to play the villain role, they all in recent seasons have some weird desire to be liked by their housemates and society. Gone are the Danielle Reyes/Jun type women who don't give a hoot what others think.

She needs to own that she is a shady game-player and will cut anyone's throat to get ahead rather than whine about how hard done by she is in the DR. James has owned his backtracking on Clay and Shelli now Vanessa needs to own her shit too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Non-feed watchers like Vanessa more than the ones who watch the feeds so I don't think she is the villain of the season when in fact she should just own that she is as Danielle Reyes suggested, I don't get why nowadays nobody is happy to play the villain role, they all in recent seasons have some weird desire to be liked by their housemates and society. Gone are the Danielle Reyes/Jun type women who don't give a hoot what others think.

I still think the producers went a bit soft after that controversial season a couple of years or so back with Amanda, Elissa et al. Even though I didn't like the result of the season I thought it was interesting and combative one.