Do animals have souls? - Cat tries to revive other cat through cardiac massage

zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
Forum Member
Watching the BBC one programme this morning "The Big Question"

On one segment they asked to animals have souls?

Then today I found these 2 videos which I think answer the question.

both video`s show a cat and a dog both trying to rescue their friend that had just been knocked down.

Cat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byj_Ubx685I&feature=player_embedded

Dog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgarNltLGwc

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zexstream wrote: »
    Watching the BBC one programme this morning "The Big Question"

On one segment they asked to animals have souls?

Then today I found these 2 videos which I think answer the question.

both video`s show a cat and a dog both trying to rescue their friend that had just been knocked down.

Cat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byj_Ubx685I&feature=player_embedded

Nooooooo not again!!
  • TinpotTinpot Posts: 2,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cat's attempting to turn the other one over to rape the corpse.

/fluffycuteawwwwlove
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's already in the pet section. It's dead.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    triple posttttttt
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    It's already in the pet section. It's dead.

i shouldnt but LOL
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    WTF is a soul? I thought we'd left the middle ages behind.
  • the.watsonthe.watson Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cats prefer sole.

8 out of 10 I think!
    Forum Member
    the.watson wrote: »
    Cats prefer sole.

8 out of 10 I think!

We used to have a cat that had a fetish for the insoles of shoes. She would pull them out and hid them behind the sofa and growl if you tried to retrieve them. She ended up with quite a collection back there.
  • the.watsonthe.watson Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    We used to have a cat that had a fetish for the insoles of shoes. She would pull them out and hid them behind the sofa and growl if you tried to retrieve them. She ended up with quite a collection back there.

It's also a type of fish. They don't all have a foot fetish. ;)
    Forum Member
    the.watson wrote: »
    It's also a type of fish. They don't all have a foot fetish. ;)

Perhaps their feet smelt fishy? She never stole the insoles from my shoes.
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the BBC's The Big Question.... aka... Question Time but with dumb questions and weird guests... jedi much?

Blagh... That along with Jeremy Vile... just bloody awful shows.
  • 555555 Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would an animal need a soul to form bonds with its' peers? Strange concept indeed.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No and neither do we.
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A more pertinent question would be "Do mammals have souls?" since both humans and cats are mammals. If we have souls then so do cats. If however we don't have souls then cats don't either (IMHO).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the video but i very much doubt the cat knew it was performing a cardiac massage.
  • Squishy22Squishy22 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooooo not again!!

^ This.
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    an·thro·po·mor·phic  /ˌænθrəpəˈmɔrfɪk/ an-thruh-puh-mawr-fik

–adjective

1. ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    yes - cats dont know first aid, so the cat doing the first aid was probably a human in a past life. Haven't seen such ignorance as sum of the posts in this thread
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    THE POWER OF ANIMAL SPIRITS

The natural power of animal spirit guides has not been lost. The knowledge and power of animal guides is alive and can be effectively used to improve our lives and all creation. American Indians call the process of connecting with animal guides and other parts of creation as being ‘One with Nature.’

Connecting with your animal guide will make you a better person. You will be healthier physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. You will see the world and all things in it with more clarity and understanding.

Animals are wondrous happy creatures. There is no doubt that animals have beautiful, balanced emotions. They love and defend one another. They feel sorrow and melancholy. Yet, there has never been a war between animal species. They know nothing about greed, envy, and hate. They live their entire lives without sin.

They have many amazing powers and use those powers only to benefit their kind and not to overcome their opponents. There is a reason why the Creator put all of us together on the same planet. A part of that reason is to learn from one another.

Animals are here to teach humans. They have many powerful lessons to give. They remind us that we are only a small part of creation; that each part of creation has a place; that each creature has its own skill and wisdom.

For the learning process to begin we must develop a relationship with one or more animal guides and this requires time and patience. This does not mean you must be with the animal physically. But instead, will learn about the traits, habits, skills and spirit of the animal from afar. As with any new knowledge, practice is important to hone learning into a useful skill. The rewards will be understanding, love, light energy, skillful knowledge and wisdom.

Moreover, the reward is having a powerful spiritual friend.

Both domesticated and free animals offer an immense heritage of myth, folklore and symbolism. As we learn about animals, it is important to know their symbolic meaning as a point of reference and comparison, however we must keep in mind that symbols are cultural in nature and differ from place to place, from time to time and may not reflect the nature of the animal as you feel it. Give time to the study of their characteristics, habitat and position in the eco-system.

from http://www.manataka.org/page291.html