Wayne Bridge refuses to shake JT's hand at match - first meeting since the scandal

Comments

• Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    Chelsea fans booing Bridge...? :rolleyes::sleep:

What Bridge has just done isn't even half as bad as what Terry had done to him for MONTHS. He's the one that deserves the boos. Pathetic.

I agree. I despise Chelsea football club, its vile, arrogant players and the arrogant fans. They might like to remember that their precious footie team were mid table nobodies before that Russian bloke came along with his billions and started buying all these wonderful players:rolleyes: They certainly haven't had success on merrit, more like they bought it.

I can't believe they are supporting John Terry, the banners of support for him after this scandal broke made my stomach churn. The man is a repugnant pig and doesn't deserve to be a role model to kids. I actually despise Chelski more than Man United thinking about it., at least they didn't buy the league.

Wayne Bridge has stuck to his guns and good for him. How would the Chelsea glory hunters feel if their best mate had shagged their wives I wonder?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,693
    Forum Member
    good on him, i would have done the exact same :)
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lukey37 wrote: »
    I thought Wayne Bridge and his girlfriend had already split up at the time when Terry slept with her?

It's not cool to sleep with your mates ex-girlfriend but it don't think it's that awful.

And clearly JT's wife would clearly seem to agree. Silly cow she is.

Good for Wayne Bridge, JT doesn't deserve a respectful handshake from him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Class ha ha ha :D
  • GeorgemcneilGeorgemcneil Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd kick him in the nuts, never mind shake his hand... JT is just vile. :mad:

A Bridge too far!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good day for Man City and Bridge... they thrashed and came from behind to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 4-2!

:)
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the fact he didn,t shake JT hand .but as for not going to the world cup he's only punishing himself and i'd be damned if i let a t**t like John Terry spoil my chance of playing for my country
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liked the post match interview with Craig Bellamy basically saying everyone knows what John Terry is like off the pitch and doesnt have a good word to say about him, though praised him as a footballer.

Good on Wayne Bridge though, he was professional and civil and shaking hands or not wouldnt change that. By declining to join the England team he was right to do this showing that he sees the team as more important that he is and the spotlight shouldnt be focused on his personal life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shot_gunN wrote: »
    Liked the post match interview with Craig Bellamy basically saying everyone knows what John Terry is like off the pitch and doesnt have a good word to say about him, though praised him as a footballer.

Good on Wayne Bridge though, he was professional and civil and shaking hands or not wouldnt change that. By declining to join the England team he was right to do this showing that he sees the team as more important that he is and the spotlight shouldnt be focused on his personal life.

Shame that a lot of Footballers do not hold the same values, I love football..... I love my team and have done for over 30 years but some (not all) footballers have become very big for their boots, their ego's taking centre stage thinking they can do whatever they please because of who they are. They need taking down a peg or two instead of idolised when they've behaved in a disgusting manner (eg. . the banners at Stamford Bridge after the story broke)
  • ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loubooboo wrote: »
    i think wayne bridge should have shaked hands as personal promblems should be kept at home

Yes because most people would happily shake the hands of the man shagging their partner while their son was in the next room.
  • MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pognog2 wrote: »
    They had already split up when JT shagged her - IMO Bridges is an idiot for pulling out of the world cup & refusing to shake someones hand because of his 'principles'

Well JTs PR people have said that they'd split up when it happened as a bit of damage limitation. Other people say different. He can claim that because the only person who knows for sure is Vanessa and he's paid her to shut up.

Also the claim they split up is a slight twisting of words. She wouldn't move to Manchester with Wayne Bridge and stayed in Surrey so they were technically separated because they weren't living together most of the time, but it seems Bridge was not under the impression that their relationship was over. That is cheating.
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was posted on Twitter:

Wayne BRIDGE - still standing. Stamford BRIDGE - dismantled

:)
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »

Apart from losing the England role he really has got away quite lightly with his low behaviour imo. T****r.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    Lukey37 wrote: »
    I thought Wayne Bridge and his girlfriend had already split up at the time when Terry slept with her?

It's not cool to sleep with your mates ex-girlfriend but it don't think it's that awful.

lol JT was his friend and Bridge and his ex had a child between them...she was off limits.

Bridge expected loyalty and respect from his friend and ex and they both lied to him and went behind his back making him feel like a mug and fool when he found out. he obviously feels betrayed.

and i guess if the reports are true that JT was making some of his visits when Bridges son was around are true, i can see why that would make Bridge see red. JT has such a nerve, he cares about no-one but himself.

JT was also apparently trying to help Bridges and his ex get back together at the time but instead he decided to sleep with her himself...some friend eh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quote from the Mirror

Bridge is bitter as he believes Vanessa's fling with Terry began before they split

I tend to believe him considering he was there and must think that because in hindsight there were sign.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know why Terry has paid this Vanessa to keep quiet if the affair started AFTER she'd split from her husband? From what Ive read he always had a thing for her even before even whilst she was still with his mate and would openly flirt and play footsy with her in front of other people, including his own wife.

IMO I think it started before they'd split up and thats why he's paid her to shut up.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im surprised bridge didn`t shake his hand and break a few fingers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mid table nobodies before that Russian bloke came along with his billions and started buying all these wonderful players:rolleyes: They certainly haven't had success on merrit, more like they bought it.

But that's what all the big teams do, Man U and Arsenal also do well because they're rich clubs and can afford the best players and outbid all the other teams for them. Chelsea are no different.

Also I would disagree that their success is not on merit, because you can chuck as much money around as you like but unless the players are talented and the club is well managed you won't win. So yes, I think their success is on merit, the merit of the players and manager.

And I'm a gooner saying that, not a Chelsea fan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know why Terry has paid this Vanessa to keep quiet if the affair started AFTER she'd split from her husband? From what Ive read he always had a thing for her even before even whilst she was still with his mate and would openly flirt and play footsy with her in front of other people, including his own wife.

IMO I think it started before they'd split up and thats why he's paid her to shut up.

Yep, you don't pay someone to be quiet if there isn't something to hide. There is more to this story that only Terry and Vanessa know and probably Bridge suspects.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samsara wrote: »
    Yep, you don't pay someone to be quiet if there isn't something to hide. There is more to this story that only Terry and Vanessa know and probably Bridge suspects.

I agree, and to be honest I think she's just as bad as Terry. I'd have told him to shove his money up his arse personally, but its obvious the manky scrubber values money above princples. She's not even all that either, why was a French woman modelling in London when Paris is the world fashion capital? Too plain, short and dumpy for the Parisian runways probably;)
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    But that's what all the big teams do, Man U and Arsenal also do well because they're rich clubs and can afford the best players and outbid all the other teams for them. Chelsea are no different.

Also I would disagree that their success is not on merit, because you can chuck as much money around as you like but unless the players are talented and the club is well managed you won't win. So yes, I think their success is on merit, the merit of the players and manager.

And I'm a gooner saying that, not a Chelsea fan.

The thing is Man U's best and most loyal players came up through their own junior team, Paul Scholes for example....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is Man U's best and most loyal players came up through their own junior team, Paul Scholes for example....

Indeed, and this is what im talking about. Can't stand Man U at all but there is a really bad smell about Chelsea football club. The players seem far worse than any of their counterparts in the Premier league and seem to think that they are untouchable.
  • Mr BungleMr Bungle Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    This is breaking news on sky news! :eek:

The Sky News ticker certainly knows its priorities...

http://i46.tinypic.com/nlzejn.gif
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Indeed, and this is what im talking about. Can't stand Man U at all but there is a really bad smell about Chelsea football club. The players seem far worse than any of their counterparts in the Premier league and seem to think that they are untouchable.

Yep, Chelsea do have the stench of arrogance about them.
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the way that it was BREAKING NEWS on sky news...