ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted - wrong thread
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Shrewn wrote: »
    I'm convinced they're all dead and Ed is the arcangel who will get them to their destination - probably alongside Gene Hunt

Anyway - does anyone know the song old slaher was playing on his gramophone when he was carving up the man from the garage?

Forgive me if someone else has answered this, I haven't read all the posts. The record was .........

David Whitfield - 'Mama'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was utter cobblers..... I know you have to suspend belief at times but this was just awful. It tries to make up for being so bad with pathetic 'special effects' which are about as scary as a fridge door.

It's just panto with poor lighting. He's behind you! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    nairneynairney Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    So, this week our friend the creepy old lady was the victim of a break-in / broken window... Or maybe she just witnessed it? Did anyone else spot her?
  • Options
    LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    nairney wrote: »
    So, this week our friend the creepy old lady was the victim of a break-in / broken window... Or maybe she just witnessed it? Did anyone else spot her?

Think she was just playing witness outside the last victim's home (name escapes me).

She was on the football pitch as well when his - barely alive - body was found in the plastic sheeting. She was on the left of the footballers.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I am really not liking the direction this seems to be going in, it was a brilliant cop series before, yet ths series just seems to be turning into the last series of ashes to ashes. The washing of hands,the reflection in the kettle and different things, the footsteps, they are all insecure and dont seem to know what is happening to them.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I am really not liking the direction this seems to be going in, it was a brilliant cop series before, yet ths series just seems to be turning into the last series of ashes to ashes. The washing of hands,the reflection in the kettle and different things, the footsteps, they are all insecure and dont seem to know what is happening to them.

Couldnt agree more. Used to love this but half the time I dont know whats going on now and to be honest Ive gone past caring.
  • Options
    daisysnowlanddaisysnowland Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is everywhere so DARK? Unrealistic.
  • Options
    cold_as_stonecold_as_stone Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    It;s just a load of weird s***.

Why does the tall blonde have to get half naked in every single episode?

Washing all the time.

So boring....zzzzzz
  • Options
    daisysnowlanddaisysnowland Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next weeks looks even more dark and weird!
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nairney wrote: »

Wasn't she one of the two old dears talking to a uniformed officer outside a house while Miles and Chandler were walking past??
  • Options
    InNoctemInNoctem Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Apparently all the weird unanswered things like the footsteps and Chandler's washing is a arc theme of the series and will be answered in the final episode.
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spotted the old lady outside the house where the brick was thrown, but missed her on the playing field.

In the first episode she was mopping the corridor outside the incident room !

Can't believe the police station doesn't have a nice posh executive washroom that Chandler can use.
  • Options
    nairneynairney Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    People have speculated the team are having delusions caused by contamination of the water in the police station. I wondered if the footsteps might actually be some kind of clanging noise, from the water pipes, that Miles is confusing for footsteps (hence the footsteps coming towards him and seemingly walking passed him) - we got a few lingering shots of the pipes last night.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    This series is pantomime for grownups. I have never seen previous iterations of Whitechapel and based on this series (my first), won't be straining my old eyes on any more. What a load of old tosh it is and completely stretches suspension of disbelief to a new meaning.
  • Options
    tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found the first few minute far too "forensick."

Can't they have a storyline that doesn't depend on such "shock tactics?"

In some of the best "suspense" films like Hitchcock's there's hardly so much as a bullet hole, yet they could be extremely shocking.

I do question why I am still watching and not watching something a bit more uplifting e.g comedy

Anyway there were a couple of things in1st epidose of this 2 parter didn't seem right for me

the first was resolved - I questioned why they would have fingerprints of someone who had just reported his car stolen. They then said in 2nd ep that it was a suspected hit and run so that explained.

but 2nd query - mechanic's boss Sid went home and said to the person in bed that Harry had been found dead, skin removed.
    He only gave the coppers his address, even if he went round there later and saw it was a scene of crime he would not have got so much info - I would have thought police would keep details to themselves.

I'm getting better at spotting old lady but missed her by the football pitch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I love this show for the complete nonsense it is. It is so far fetched it's beyond bad, and sales into marvellous.
  • Options
    macavity77macavity77 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    I used to enjoy Whitechapel but it has now morphed into something completely different - some kind of dark comic strip. More to the point it is too predictable - the murderer was so easy to spot. The scene where RPJ and the murderer were fighting on the conveyer belt was straight out of James Bond only badly done. I am sure the old lady is important but to be honest I don't care anymore.
  • Options
    enna_genna_g Posts: 2,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I love this latest series, it has gone into the bizarre and I don't know if there is a supernatural meaning or a physical one i.e. they are all hallucinating from something bad inside the building. The mould or something to do with the lead pipes. Hannah certainly seems to be completely freaked out by the cut on her hand. The whole team seems to be falling apart and I really want to know who the old lady is.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I misunderstand or is there a chapel in the police station? The room with a cross and a Bible (I think) where Miles and Joe were talking about belief?

Is it usual for cop shops to have chapels? I was a bit baffled.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it, but the constant ocd bits are getting a bit too much.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enna_g wrote: »
    Well I love this latest series, it has gone into the bizarre and I don't know if there is a supernatural meaning or a physical one i.e. they are all hallucinating from something bad inside the building. The mould or something to do with the lead pipes. Hannah certainly seems to be completely freaked out by the cut on her hand. The whole team seems to be falling apart and I really want to know who the old lady is.

I love it too. I like the fact that I haven't got a clue whats going on and I play 'spot the old woman'. Im sure she was standing outside the police station (or was it the dentists) too, and I saw her at the football pitch and outside the house where it was broken in.

I can't wait for next week.
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    The scene between Chandler and Miles in the wash room was outstanding...very well done by both actors.

As for the other stuff??? I am seriously thinking of giving up on it ...it's all getting a little bit too shock horror.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I'm loving this series. The weird bits will have some normal explanations and I'm happy to wait for the reveal. I like spot the old lady and the relationship between Chandler and Miles is a joy to watch. I like the OCD bits too and especially the shirt changing scenes ;)
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure about other episodes, but the last two were written by Steve Pemberton. 'Nuff said.