Options

Big comebacks for 2014

Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Somebody did a thread on which bands are likely to split next year so I thought I'd do one on who would have comebacks that could be bands getting back together or recording their first album in years, same with singers

This year among the comebacks were David Bowie and Cher.

For 2014 it looks one certainty is U2 and another one being Culture Club, who do you guys reckon will make a comeback

Comments

• Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Allen
    Paloma Faith- next album will be a biggie
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Lily Allen
    Paloma Faith- next album will be a biggie

Er, Paloma Faith hasn't exactly disappeared for a decade or so :confused:

The Culture Club one could be interesting, if Boy Georges recent album and live show was anything to go by. Amazing :)
  • Options
    matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the new Adele album is released in 2014 so I'm sure it will be one of the years biggest selling. I'm looking forward to the new Lily Allen album too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    I know I keep banging on about them, but Jamiroquai are supposed to be releasing a new album next year - their first since 2010. I saw an interview with the drummer who said they'd be starting the album later this year (this was back in August).
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele, Madonna (rumored), Rihanna, Beyonce, Sugababes 5.0.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Adele, Madonna (rumored), Rihanna, Beyonce, Sugababes 5.0.

Erm, the title of the thread is Big Comebacks :rolleyes:
  • Options
    crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily's new album.

I hope Anastacia's comeback is a success for her next year too, amazing voice.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    S Club
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Erm, the title of the thread is Big Comebacks :rolleyes:

Those are all hugely successful acts so I fail to see how these aren't "big" comebacks.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not really a comeback from U2. They usually leave 3/4 years between albums and they spend a couple of years touring the world. It's just the beginning if a new cycle. I'm genuinely looking forward to a new album, though.
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those are all hugely successful acts so I fail to see how these aren't "big" comebacks.

A new album a year or two after your last one isn't a 'comeback', its a new album/era.

As a Britney fan it's something that pisses me off, she never really went away, yet her last 4 albums have all been 'comebacks'.
  • Options
    pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one and only Kylie is back in 2014, cant wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new album a year or two after your last one isn't a 'comeback', its a new album/era.

As a Britney fan it's something that pisses me off, she never really went away, yet her last 4 albums have all been 'comebacks'.

Because it is a comeback, they're "coming back" after finishing up a previous era.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Space, of Britpop fame. Im under no Illusion of them setting the charts on fire but there is a new album in March and they are touring with Republica.
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people have the wrong idea of a comeback, people like Rihanna would not be a comeback as they've never been away, bands usually release an album every 2 or 3 years. Comeback is someone releasing their first album in a very long time like Bowie and Cher, other's I would suggest- Daft Punk, Nine Inch Nails, Black Sabbath and Justin Timberlake all this year and still to come Gary Barlow (as a solo artist)

Another likely comeback next year looks like being Hilary Duff, expected to release her first music in years. Of people who have not announced anything but I'm going to predict new albums- Annie Lennox, The Prodigy and possibly The Eagles
  • Options
    constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HOPEFULLY LA ROUX!!!

They were so great but have appeared to have fallen of the face of the earth:/:cry:
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    New Tupac album out. Entirely new material. He sings one song where he disses Miley Cyrus.
  • Options
    flyonthetableflyonthetable Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Adele
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people have the wrong idea of a comeback, people like Rihanna would not be a comeback as they've never been away, bands usually release an album every 2 or 3 years. Comeback is someone releasing their first album in a very long time like Bowie and Cher, other's I would suggest- Daft Punk, Nine Inch Nails, Black Sabbath and Justin Timberlake all this year and still to come Gary Barlow (as a solo artist)

Another likely comeback next year looks like being Hilary Duff, expected to release her first music in years. Of people who have not announced anything but I'm going to predict new albums- Annie Lennox, The Prodigy and possibly The Eagles

THIS is what I'm excited about (sadly haha). I used to love her when I was a child and now she's a woman and married and a mother. She's grew up so amazingly and is stunning. I can't wait to hear what she's been working on :)
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie! :D

I think Madonna could be considered as a possible comeback too because of MDNA's underperformance (and yes I know the tour did extremely well). Doesn't she usually release the next album pretty quickly when the previous one doesn't do so well?

Erotica -> Bedtime Stories (2 years)
    American Life -> COADF (2.5 years)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because it is a comeback, they're "coming back" after finishing up a previous era.

You clearly don't understand the meaning of a '' big comeback '' in the context of the music business. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see my most favorite singer James Otto come back next year. :):):)

God bless you and him always!!! :):):)

Holly

P.S. Good things come to them who wait. :):):)
  • Options
    kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Kylie...so excited!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the new Adele album is released in 2014 so I'm sure it will be one of the years biggest selling. I'm looking forward to the new Lily Allen album too!

:yawn::yawn::yawn:
  • Options
    Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    I think Madonna could be considered as a possible comeback too because of MDNA's underperformance (and yes I know the tour did extremely well). Doesn't she usually release the next album pretty quickly when the previous one doesn't do so well?

Erotica -> Bedtime Stories (2 years)
    American Life -> COADF (2.5 years)

As far as I believe she is signed to Live Nation until she is 60 and the deal includes so many albums and tours before then so I agree, we'll see something soon