Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    spjkellyspjkelly Posts: 9,080
    Forum Member
    Continuity was even better back in the early days, in a 1965 episode there's a scene of ena and elsie scrapping outside the rovers and whoever erected the street façade ommited number one :p (this is pre outdoor set when the street was in the studio)
    Bearing in mind it's a long scene right outside numbers 1&3 your think they'd build the set correctly

It's on youtube, Elsie and ena, the coronation street years, part 5 of 7, can't post a link on this tablet for some obscure and annoying reason
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spjkelly wrote: »
    Continuity was even better back in the early days, in a 1965 episode there's a scene of ena and elsie scrapping outside the rovers and whoever erected the street façade ommited number one :p (this is pre outdoor set when the street was in the studio)
    Bearing in mind it's a long scene right outside numbers 1&3 your think they'd build the set correctly

It's on youtube, Elsie and ena, the coronation street years, part 5 of 7, can't post a link on this tablet for some obscure and annoying reason

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RKxyOZmMpA
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    I'm not sure, but doesn't Jim, The Landlord, - so he is - answer to Mr Big - so he does - to get the plastic bottles of elicit - so they are - Lucozade? :D

Ah, it's like having Jim on the thread with us, so it is! :D

Actually, I thought the bottle of Lucozade looked like a very big urine sample, so I did! :o
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When do we get scenes like that these days? :cry:
  • Options
    KIZZY007KIZZY007 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    BTW. Since "The Landlord" arrived it's taken me about 5 minutes to go from irritated to amused to cracking up at the "so I's, so its, so theys" from him. :D

I've done that in reverse order, way over the top>:(
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    KIZZY007 wrote: »
    I've done that in reverse order, way over the top>:(

Agree. Totally irritating. Nearly everyone on here is doing it too :D
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Eeee bye the 'eck, they did a lot of really fast shouting in them days! Old Corrie fiesty women and gritty!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    When do we get scenes like that these days? :cry:
    Writers seem to think Anna, Beth or Michelle can tick all the boxes. ^_^
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Eeee bye the 'eck, they did a lot of really fast shouting in them days! Old Corrie fiesty women and gritty!
    Aye, but it was real, none of this incessant rambling with cliches you get today with Anna flapping her arms about or Michelle giving it the wonky eye.

Demise of the working class has finished off Corrie in a sense. Everything's become sexed up; hard graft is nothing and values are nonexistent. It's why I miss Blanche, because she spoke her mind and always pontificated about her generation. And that's why I think
    Faye's pregnancy storyline

won't be as good as Sarah's. Blanche had a minor, but significant part to play in that storyline -- "gymslip mums" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna or Michelle seem to tick the boxes. ^_^

nothing compared to Ena and Elsie !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Agree. Totally irritating. Nearly everyone on here is doing it too :D

To be fair, it's probably me that is most guilty of this :blush: as I think the Jim McDonald character and his ridiculous lines are hilarious, and it's always nice to see him back for a stint! And I am trying to only do it on posts about him (so....) although I do admit to having slipped once or twice!

I have also spotted Meldrewman doing it of course, but then it is his thread! :D
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, it's probably me that is most guilty of this :blush: as I think the Jim McDonald character and his ridiculous lines are hilarious, and it's always nice to see him back for a stint! And I am trying to only do it on posts about him (so....) although I do admit to having slipped once or twice!

I have also spotted Meldrewman doing it of course, but then it is his thread! :D

Sorry folks!

I only posted once or twice - I'll accept that the joke can be overdone - so I will.

BTW. I was cracking up at the obvious writing - not because I found Jim funny! :(
  • Options
    spjkellyspjkelly Posts: 9,080
    Forum Member

Thanks for that, could somebody post a PIC of the absent number one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW. I was cracking up at the obvious writing - not because I found Jim funny! :(

Funny thing is, I've always suspected that it's not the writing as such, rather that it's a thing that Charles Lawson (who plays Jim of course) suggested he do to "Irish up" the character, and that he's been given free reign to do since. This is why I find myself counting them, as I have this idea that the director says

"OK, remember Charlie, you've got a limit of 5 per scene, so use them wisely"

:D

(NB: Look, I managed to avoid doing it myself this time!)
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know exactly what evidence was used to charge Peter with murder.

Plod has absolutely NO solid evidence that points to Peter; it's all circumstantial and I'm sure the CPS wouldn't advise arresting anyone based on that.

They have as much 'evidence' against Peter as they do against anyone else - ie none.

Even Peter's so called motive seems very flimsy. He allegedly murdered Tina to stop her revealing details of the affair to Carla. But several people already knew of the affair meaning Carla would find out almost as soon as the police investigation got underway, making the murder utterly futile (and Peter facing a life sentence on top of the failure of his marriage).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aye, but it was real, none of this incessant rambling with cliches you get today with Anna flapping her arms about or Michelle giving it the wonky eye.

Demise of the working class has finished off Corrie in a sense. Everything's become sexed up; hard graft is nothing and values are nonexistent. It's why I miss Blanche, because she spoke her mind and always pontificated about her generation. And that's why I think

won't be as good as Sarah's. Blanche had a minor, but significant part to play in that storyline -- "gymslip mums" :D

It was far more real than today's Corrie for the reasons you state and that the characters were likeable/believable. Now we just have gobby women
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was far more real than today's Corrie for the reasons you state and that the characters were likeable/believable. Now we just have unlikeable gobby women, dopey men, predictable SLs and forced comedy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nothing compared to Ena and Elsie !

Michelle Connor is the new Elsie. My arse.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Minnie Caldwell and her pussy.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a SOR , but something that made me laugh was when Ken was in the kitchen making scrambled eggs for his breakfast wearing a posh silk dressing gown while listening to classical music on the radio. Why did they show that, was it to show us how upper class Ken is?:D

Upper class? He's still living in the same working class neighbourhood he's always lived in! His parents were working class, he's always had to work for a living. He's working class - no matter what he wears!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Michelle Connor is the new Elsie. My arse.

No suggestion that is/was the case :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Minnie Caldwell and her pussy.

Trying to remember the name of her pussy :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bobby.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Bobby.

You beat me to it - my connection is slow to upload!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Bobby.

Not as famous as Mrs Slocombe's pussy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bobby.
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Bobby.

Thank you both. I would have been scratching my head all night!
This discussion has been closed.