Fifa 15 Vs PES 2015

Comments

• Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i agree, i am not on of them, i always buy pes because it is better, last year pes sucked so i went without a football game as fifa didnt warrant a purchase.

fifa will still outsell pes, but hopefully die hard football fans will have a game to play again in pes15

i will never know how people can knowingly buy a game with scripting though(fifa)

Every year you come out with a line like this and every year it never fails to get right on my nerves... every f'in year...

I'm unashamedly obsessed with the football, and yet I prefer FIFA nowadays. The "PES for real football fans" line gets right on my t*ts frankly.

I really hope PES is back to its best this year, I would deffo buy (along with fifa probably depending on how thats looking) Can I have a status as a die hard football fan again if I buy it? ;-)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    Every year you come out with a line like this and every year it never fails to get right on my nerves... every f'in year...

I'm unashamedly obsessed with the football, and yet I prefer FIFA nowadays. The "PES for real football fans" line gets right on my t*ts frankly.

I really hope PES is back to its best this year, I would deffo buy (along with fifa probably depending on how thats looking) Can I have a status as a die hard football fan again if I buy it? ;-)

im sorry if it annoyed you wasn't my intention.

i just find people who love world football(serie a ,la liga,bundesliga etc and watch all europeon qualifiers etc, watch every single game in summer tournaments, copa america etc etc love pes

i find those who love prem and think its be all and end all love fifa.

but that is just MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, i am sure there are loads of die hard fifa fans so i take that back 100%

i am aware alot of what i says comes accross as pro pes so i will dial it down a bit, but like i said i hated last years game so did not buy it, i really hope i have a game to play this season be it pes or fifa(i am hopeing next gen removes scripting)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha... that was a pre morning coffee rant so apologies :blush: (much needed coffee after a late night watching Real v Atletico...) You can understand it does get a bit annoying tho when people seem to assume that only "real" football fans play PES..

I watch all of the leagues you listed as well as Dutch,Portuguese French etc, I support a PL team but my love of the game is far deep rooted than that. I have no shame in admitting I'm a complete football geek, its my main interest and I spent a large amount of my life watching/discussing/reading about the game. At the same time I have to say since 2008 I prefer FIFA (as you know lol)

I would love evo to be amazing this year, I really would. And looking at the previews alot of it has seriously perked my interest.

I completely agree with you about the scripting in fifa, it needs removing - if you play mainly online it seriously ruins the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha... that was a pre morning coffee rant so apologies :blush: (much needed coffee after a late night watching Real v Atletico...) You can understand it does get a bit annoying tho when people seem to assume that only "real" football fans play PES..

I watch all of the leagues you listed as well as Dutch,Portuguese French etc, I support a PL team but my love of the game is far deep rooted than that. I have no shame in admitting I'm a complete football geek, its my main interest and I spent a large amount of my life watching/discussing/reading about the game. At the same time I have to say since 2008 I prefer FIFA (as you know lol)

I would love evo to be amazing this year, I really would. And looking at the previews alot of it has seriously perked my interest.

I completely agree with you about the scripting in fifa, it needs removing - if you play mainly online it seriously ruins the game.

yeah on both pes and fifa i only play online,single player just doesn't interest me at all.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA 14 was the first version of the game I bought since 2001. I've played a fair amount now and in general I enjoy it - the manager mode is fun (if a bit laggy) and surprisingly detailed.

The gameplay feels very familiar to the older PES games that I loved. A lot of it is still, unfortunately, on the rails but it's far from the simple arcade game that it was ten years ago. Their is an option to turn the pass, cross and shoot assists off but I get the impression that it would take a long, long time to master it. I still find it frustrating how few long shots you can get in on target but i've managed to score the odd netbuster. I'm still learning to play without having my finger on sprint button the whole time!

I've completely fallen out with PES, there hasn't been a single PS3 version that I actually enjoyed. I just don't have the time or inclination to learn all the tactical and button combinations needed to slowly move your team towards goal. It's like playing chess sometimes. I want to be able to sprint down the line, put the full back on his arse, whip in a cross and then bullet header the ball into the back of the net. Not spend 5 mins working out how to trap the ball and engineer it around the perfectly positioned defence before expertly hitting the 50p coin sized bit of goal that the keeper doesn't have covered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FIFA 14 was the first version of the game I bought since 2001. I've played a fair amount now and in general I enjoy it - the manager mode is fun (if a bit laggy) and surprisingly detailed.

The gameplay feels very familiar to the older PES games that I loved. A lot of it is still, unfortunately, on the rails but it's far from the simple arcade game that it was ten years ago. Their is an option to turn the pass, cross and shoot assists off but I get the impression that it would take a long, long time to master it. I still find it frustrating how few long shots you can get in on target but i've managed to score the odd netbuster. I'm still learning to play without having my finger on sprint button the whole time!

I've completely fallen out with PES, there hasn't been a single PS3 version that I actually enjoyed. I just don't have the time or inclination to learn all the tactical and button combinations needed to slowly move your team towards goal. It's like playing chess sometimes. I want to be able to sprint down the line, put the full back on his arse, whip in a cross and then bullet header the ball into the back of the net. Not spend 5 mins working out how to trap the ball and engineer it around the perfectly positioned defence before expertly hitting the 50p coin sized bit of goal that the keeper doesn't have covered.

lisa can you see where the fifa stereotypes come from at least?;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    lisa can you see where the fifa stereotypes come from at least?;-)

Ha ha :p Well to be honest i'm not a big fan of foreign football; but I do have a season ticket for a championship club, go to the odd non league game and have a subscription to When Saturday Comes - so i'm not a complete casual either :)

Also i'd make the follow points concerning the BIB

1. There were earlier versions of pro evo where you could do exactly that.

2. That's what happens in football in real life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha :p Well to be honest i'm not a big fan of foreign football; but I do have a season ticket for a championship club, go to the odd non league game and have a subscription to When Saturday Comes - so i'm not a complete casual either :)

Also i'd make the follow points concerning the BIB

1. There were earlier versions of pro evo where you could do exactly that.

2. That's what happens in football in real life.

was toungue in cheek dont worry

i know what you mean but i dont agree that pes is laborious in the build up, i find its very satisfying to score.

however you can dribble and score too, you can play the game anyway you like. new pes has dribble control so maybe you will like it more, new edition gameplay looks end to end.

btw pes has championship in it this year(licensed players,not licensed teams)
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very fashionable to call FIFA the "casual" option and PES the "real fans" option. Has been like that for about 10 years. As such I can't take any such comments seriously.

As with any Camp A vs Camp B conversations, very few people have actually played both equally, and so whichever they chose is of course the "best" and believe every negative spouted about the other, whether true or not (they wouldn't know, of course). Often this is backed up by playing about 10 minutes of the "worse" game so that they can say they've played both - and of course they'll think it was crap, they try to play it with the other game's mindset and don't understand the controls & tactics.

Anyway, FIFA is better. I played PES 14 for about 10 minutes a few months ago and it was crap.
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scripting in Fifa 14 is beyond a joke, had one game where I hit the post 5 times and don't get me started on the 90th minute goals. If hitting the post constantly isn't down to scripting maybe the programmers should reduce the invisible forcefield surrounding the postal area.

I don't get a sense of being ripped off with PES 2014, when I play well I usually get a decent result, in Fifa 14 I can play well and still end up losing 1-0. Fifa 14's gameplay has reverted me back to the early Pro Evo days where all I seem to do is run down the wing and cross the ball in order to score. Dribbling and passing is a complete mess compared to Fifa 13. Also not a fan of the way Fifa 14 has lagging issues, when I'm not even playing online, PES maintains the same speed throughout and feels a lot more polished.

I am definitely going for PES 2015 this year, even if that does mean I have to go without a new football game in the usual September period.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scripting in Fifa 14 is beyond a joke, had one game where I hit the post 5 times and don't get me started on the 90th minute goals. If hitting the post constantly isn't down to scripting maybe the programmers should reduce the invisible forcefield surrounding the postal area.

I don't get a sense of being ripped off with PES 2014, when I play well I usually get a decent result, in Fifa 14 I can play well and still end up losing 1-0. Fifa 14's gameplay has reverted me back to the early Pro Evo days where all I seem to do is run down the wing and cross the ball in order to score. Dribbling and passing is a complete mess compared to Fifa 13. Also not a fan of the way Fifa 14 has lagging issues, when I'm not even playing online, PES maintains the same speed throughout and feels a lot more polished.

I am definitely going for PES 2015 this year, even if that does mean I have to go without a new football game in the usual September period.

yeah it really is too big an issue to sweep under the carpet, if fifa fans acknowledge that it exists(scripting) how can they say it is a better game than pes?

yeh it has real kits and names, yeh it has better menus, but its not a better game.

1-2 1-2 1-2 shoot. not real football for me.

but lets hope next gen sorts these issues out. pes 15 already has it seems. the number 1 fifa youtuber has said pes 15 is amazing himself so it seems to be winning everyone over.

both franchies genuinely deserving top reviewer scores for once could herald in a bright new era?
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Whedon, what do you mean when you say scripting?

Do you mean the outcome of the match is pre decided? Is this against the AI, or online or all?
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Pro is a certain buy. I don't think '14 was as bad as some make it out but at the same time it's the first PES in about 3-4 years where I've stopped playing it within a matter of weeks. In fairness it was possibly a mixture of my own fault being busy around the time it came out but there was certainly also a different feel to last years game in terms of wanting to go back for me. '12 and '13 had me absolutely hooked to a point I was still tearing up MLO 6-7 months after it's release.

Played every addition of Fifa, very rarely buy it flat out though as much prefer Pro. Not going to get into the usual debate about how EA are too focused on licensing and now Ultimate Team. Fifa, with the licensing and everything they have in their favor, should be an incredible game, it's far from it though.

Both have their flaws though and both also have their positives. Both also need to concentrate just as hard on the little things as well. Wish PES would add the wing back position into the game, drives me wild that they can't add something as simple as that. MLO for me is the best mode any football game has produced over the years though, pretty much where all of my time is spent and seems it's had an overhaul this year.

Would be worth pre-ordering PES if you're into MLO/myClub as you get advantages from doing so this year such as one player from the Uefa Team of the Season and a few other things. I don't think they're quite where they need to be yet with the game but possibly heading in the right direction, excited for this years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing that really infuriates me with Fifa 14 is the way my computer controlled players have a knack of running in front of me so they either end up blocking my shot on goal or force me to run the ball into them so that I end up losing it. And my own players running into each other, happened a few times now, mostly on occasions when I'm under the cosh and can't afford to have two defenders lying on their asses.

The computer controlled players constantly run offside thus losing me possession. It's like between Fifa 13 and Fifa 14 they removed 33% of the players brain cells. First and foremost, Fifa 14 is a video game, turning the lightest of touches into fouls may appear more realistic but it really slows down the gameplay.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "PES for real football fans" line gets right on my t*ts frankly.
    That is verging on snobbery against the mainstream. Yet having played Fifa 12 and 13 recently, I don't know who this game series is for. Maybe kids who hang about on street corners posing with their phones ?

I will be buying PES as long as its decent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is verging on snobbery against the mainstream. Yet having played Fifa 12 and 13 recently, I don't know who this game series is for. Maybe kids who hang about on street corners posing with their phones ?

I will be buying PES as long as its decent.

Erm, Im not sure of the connection between fifa and the BIB to be honest?! :D

Im 32, so not a kid and nor do I hang around on street corners haha.

Fifa would have to really mess up for me not to buy this year as Ive really enjoyed the series for a few years now, but PES is looking very decent this year too, I can see me ending up with both.
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the Xbox One so I didn't really get much choice in the FIFA vs PES challenge until now. FIFA 14 stinks for solo game modes though* - theres a friendly game mode, Manager mode, FUT mode and thats the lot. No cups, no leagues and no creation centre.
    The rumours are that creation mode has gone the way of the dodo on the next gen consoles so unless there is a standalone cup mode and/or league mode I'm refusing to buy it and I'll stay with FIFA14. I can't justify the best part of £50-60 just for a data update, some new kits and ruined keepers.

* - I play solo because I find online FIFA is played like pinball. I can at least get a decent-ish game on the solo mode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading through this thread it seems the following could be true

FIFA Fans: I prefer this over Pro Evo

Pro Evo Fans: FIFA isn't real football, its only popular because of the licenses, its for kids, its for people that aren't real football fans etc
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im 32, so not a kid and nor do I hang around on street corners haha.
    Fifa would have to really mess up for me not to buy this year as Ive really enjoyed the series for a few years now, but PES is looking very decent this year too, I can see me ending up with both.

I am not being totally serious with my comments a lot of the time. Just when I hear Fifa in my head, it sounds like it should be pronounced with a Manc accent.
    I,e Feefor.
    I have always enjoyed the slight sloppiness of PES, which I will get out of the two unless its crappy and Fifa 2015 is decent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Reading through this thread it seems the following could be true

FIFA Fans: I prefer this over Pro Evo

Pro Evo Fans: FIFA isn't real football, its only popular because of the licenses, its for kids, its for people that aren't real football fans etc

Good summary.

It useful to remember that the original FIFA basically invented the modern genre; it was the first game to present football in a remotely realistic way. Of course, Pro Evo then reinvented it again by replacing the on-the-rails, arcade controls and sequences with much more 'manual' experience.

My favourite football game of all time was Pro Evo 4 - I thought that it perfectly blended the simulation and arcade elements needed to make a fun game. I used to play the game at the unlockable '6 stars' difficulty level and was still able to score relatively freely in the Master League. However after that Pro Evo decided to move further and further down the simulation route. It slowed down the players, increased the ability of defenders and made shooting harder.

Still I stuck with pro evo until the 2013 version; though by that time I was just buying the game on a whim and then playing it for a couple of months before deciding that it was best for my health (and my controller/tv/walls) to get rid of it. For me, FIFA was still this arcade, kids game for people who cared more about having a photo-realistic referee than a decent gameplay engine. However a fellow early pro evo enthusiast convinced me of the merits of FIFA 14, so I decided to give it a chance and haven't looked back. It still frustrates me, but I like the way that on medium difficulty I can score goals and win games, but only just.

IMHO FIFA 14 is the true, current gen successor to Pro Evo 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, football games really came into their own when Konami introduced the Master League way back in 1999. It was one of the most addictive attributes to a football game ever, the ability to build your own team and win titles.

EA introduced the Season mode a few years later, which then became Manager Mode and now Career Mode.

I still tend to player Master League and Career Mode the most when I play PES or Fifa.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I mostly play the career modes too, be it player or manager.

I hope FIFA 15 does them good. I like when you get to upgrade facilities like the stadium and training and merchandise (this May have been a mobile footy game)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scripting is when fifa influences the game to cause a equaliser or winner etc. your players slow down, all 50/50 tackles bounce back to opposition etc, so many goals in 45 and 90 min on fifa, its crazy

i met some fifa fans as a wedding and all they said was how can you play as man red? gameplay just seems to be taboo subject.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although scripting is not necessarily real. People pass it on as fact when it's only a theory. And it's usually passed on by people who are PES fans.

It's a dangerous area, FIFA vs PES, no different to the Sony vs Microsoft debates.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    Although scripting is not necessarily real. People pass it on as fact when it's only a theory. And it's usually passed on by people who are PES fans.

It's a dangerous area, FIFA vs PES, no different to the Sony vs Microsoft debates.

The creators/designers of PES admitted themselves that there is some 'scripting' to their games. The stats of players are viable depending on the situation in the match - usually you'll get an increase after scoring a goal and a decrease after conceding one (as heads drop). Also some of the randomized factors will skew towards the computer at certain points.

I honestly can't remember where I read this, it might have been in the official playstation magazine. It was probably 8-9 years ago though.