Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    It's the plinky plonky music that's played to announce his arrival that's so cringey. Plinky-plonky music = Micheal = it's really funny!

LOL!!

I can almost imagine him just walking through Gail's front door, with the plinky plonky music playing to announce his arrival! Even if he walked round! :D
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The music is also an advertisment for the ice cream man. People hear it and associate it with an ice cream and go out and buy one. However, if he is returning back 'home' he wouldn't want to attract buyers.

My next door neighbour, is a driving instructor and always has her sign up on top of the car, whether she is out casually or at home. It is a free advertisment as it has her telephone number on it.

Michael always has his music on to remind us how funny it is. :o.

I'm waiting for the hilarious scene when Gail and Michael have a fumble in the ice cream van and accidentally turn the music on. Of course Eileen will be passing by to have a smirk!
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    i imagine Tracy Barlow would make for an interesting medical case study in The Lancet. I can't seem to recall her having an incidents of acute/chronic graft rejection from her transplanted kidney. in fact it's not even referred to, let alone 'play up'.
    She did have one incident where she was hospitalised dueto complications, a couple of years ago I think.

Agree about the adhd, it's been very badly done, especially for something that's a big issue for families/schools
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they confusing anything? I don't think Corrie actually care as long as they can make something fit their SL.

I thought in this day and age they would do their research and get the facts right. It's not fair on parents and the children who have ADHD.

Actually a good point : it's more likely they're sensationalising an ADHD storyline for the sheer hell of it.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyrone, "Nil by mouth" but there was no sign above his bed.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »

Fizz buys him juice "after the fuss over the water".

He wasnt allowed ANYTHING to drink Fizz! Be it juice or water!!!

Fizz's baby voice in overdrive tonight
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was Michelle so keen for Steve to visit Peter anyway? Thought she hated Peter for cheating on her 'best mate.'?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »

This. Also, total SOR that Fizz, as his wife, would "forget" that he was nil by mouth :o
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    This. Also, total SOR that Fizz, as his wife, would "forget" that he was nil by mouth :o
    I think Tyrone was "Nil by Mouth" before the procedure to set his wrist. After the anaesthetic he would be allowed sips of liquid.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    This whole Tirrone fiasco is just too OTT. He looks like he's been hit by a bus, lying there with tubes stuck up his nose. He only fell a max of 7 or 8 feet onto a carpeted, wooden floor. The broken wrist is believable, i broke mine falling off a 3 ft wall when i was a child. He would have to have hit his ribs off something to have broken them.
    There's no way 12 mm ply would have given way on its own. Even chip should have carried his weight.
  • Options
    RedpoppyRedpoppy Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SOR Tyrone coming round from his operation surrounded by his family. Surely he'd have been in a recovery room attended by a nurse and not sent back to the ward until he was totally conscious. He seemed very drowsy and Fiz said he'd just come round.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    I thought he fell through one floor, attic to bedroom? Jason went upstairs to look for him

Ah, right, thanks. :cool:
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...................... I'm waiting for the hilarious scene when Gail and Michael have a fumble in the ice cream van and accidentally turn the music on. Of course Eileen will be passing by to have a smirk!

He'll have a loudspeaker as well, won't he? And one of them will turn it on just before ....

I hope I'm wrong!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    fayemian wrote: »
    Why was Michelle so keen for Steve to visit Peter anyway? Thought she hated Peter for cheating on her 'best mate.'?
    The transformation of Michelle these last months, from a mouthy mare to doting dame is quite amazing in itself.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A welcome though
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    He'll have a loudspeaker as well, won't he? And one of them will turn it on just before ....

I hope I'm wrong!

So he can shout out "buy me and stop one". :D

Or should it be "stop me and buy one". :confused:

no matter; the script writers wouldn't know or understand the difference anyway
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can just imagine Gail's face at the thought of a flake in her cone
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I dont mind the van so much as the plinky plonky music he plays too! Surely he can turn it off!!!

The code of practice for chimes includes.....
    Do not sound chimes for longer than 12 seconds at a time.
    Do not sound chimes except on approach to or at a selling point.
    It is an offence to sound your chimes before 12.00 noon or after 7.00 pm.
    It is an offence to sound your chimes at any time in a way which gives
    reasonable cause for annoyance.
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That'll do for me. Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »

I thought she'd be kicking off!
    Ex Pat wrote: »
    This whole Tirrone fiasco is just too OTT. He looks like he's been hit by a bus, lying there with tubes stuck up his nose. He only fell a max of 7 or 8 feet onto a carpeted, wooden floor. The broken wrist is believable, i broke mine falling off a 3 ft wall when i was a child. He would have to have hit his ribs off something to have broken them.
    There's no way 12 mm ply would have given way on its own. Even chip should have carried his weight.

He managed to crash through dodgy floorboards, joists and the bedroom ceiling! Methinks it's tiime to start cutting down on the bacon barms and iced buns!

jsmith99 wrote: »

I hope I'm wrong!

Please. Nooooooo!;-)
    The transformation of Michelle these last months, from a mouthy mare to doting dame is quite amazing in itself.

That Michelle Connor. She's a lovely, kind-hearted woman. Always has been! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And does anyone think Corrie actually bothered to research this? ;-)
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    I can just imagine Gail's face at the thought of a flake in her cone

OMG - Did you have to???

On another note, the scriptwriters must be paying attention to this thread as Amy referred to her previously-forgotten milk allergy this week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Someone should tell my local ice cream van that.
    He's forever plinking and plonking for what seems like aaaaages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone should tell my local ice cream van that.
    He's forever plinking and plonking for what seems like aaaaages.

Ooooph Matron! I hope that's not one of them rude euphemisms!
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ex Pat wrote: »

Why was he sedated and taken to the operating theatre.? When I broke my wrist they were going to put a screw in with a local anaesthetic and send me home, but in the end they just plastered it and sent me home.:confused:
This discussion has been closed.