Options

Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    Why on Earth would they go into so much trouble making a regeneration a secret? It creates massive publicity for the episode.

Because if they were tying it to the 50th, then knowing that at this stage would a) start the hype too early and b) potentially overshadow the build-up to the anniversary itself, especially if there is something they want us to know about first...
  • Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it is very unlikely in my opinion that there will be a regeneration on the 50th anniversary. Why have two events that causes a lot of publicity in the same episode and waste the opportunity of having a lot of media coverage on who is going to the 12th doctor. If Matt is going we will hear about it first.
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be a shame if they missed a christmas special this year. Only 4 weeks and 4 days after the anniversary. Plus hope 11 and Clara are given the send off they deserve when the time is right. Plenty of time over the summer to film a special or the start of S8.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I imagine the only reason we haven't been given a solid word on a Christmas special is that they are usually commissioned with the series that ultimately follows it, in this case Series 8. The Beeb will simply not comment this early on about the matter, particularly when they need to keep interest in Series 7B / the 50th Anniversary.

I am hopeful of a Christmas Special this year, and then Series 8 beginning Spring 2014. I suspect a mid-series break again, with the back half of Series 8 airing in Autumn 2014...

...Everything continues to support this idea. It would allow breathing space for Matt to film other projects, allows Moffat extra time with scripts not to mention sorting out the future of Sherlock, and allows the Beeb breathing space to promote Series 7B, the anniversary, the Christmas Special and Series 8A, also spreading the costs of production by not rushing out a whole bunch of episodes at a turbo pace - I can't believe anyone still thinks we'll be getting anything other than a 50th Special and a Christmas special in the latter half of this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats ok will enjoy 7.2 in the spring then 2 specials in the autumn. Looking forward to seeing 11 with Clara face new and old enemies.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    DWM did seem to allude to a 2013 Christmas special this week, so here's hoping it's true.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Over on Gallifrey Base, trackboy13 (who has a history of knowing things before other people do) said, when a thread asked if there was a lead-in from the Series 7 finale into the Anniversary Special: 'Yes, more so than you can possibly imagine.'

Make of that what you will.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moffat promised that the finale would be full of fan-pleasing moments (more than thought allowed).
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fire Host wrote: »
    Over on Gallifrey Base, trackboy13 (who has a history of knowing things before other people do) said, when a thread asked if there was a lead-in from the Series 7 finale into the Anniversary Special: 'Yes, more so than you can possibly imagine.'

That sounds like something the 4th Doctor would say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool looking forward to it. Cyberman episode looks good. Finale should reveal the truth about Clara how she had died twice and came back to life. Also maybe 11 hears someone call his name turns around and either gets a shock or a pleasent surprise.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Moffat promised that the finale would be full of fan-pleasing moments (more than thought allowed).

Does he mean old fans or new fans who only watch the new series?
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member

I really really hope this has something behind it. I want Moffat to be able to hold a press conference and say "In your face, Nebo.". I'm getting my tastiest hat ready for consumption.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ice Warriors Are Back! It's Been Confirmed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »

Source for anyone interested. Looking forward to their new design!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daily Star nailed it in June 2012.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Daily Star nailed it in June 2012.

They also correctly predicted the 'Weeping Angel Statue of Liberty' situation, so they've clearly got some good crystal balls working at the minute!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Airborae wrote: »

One of this show's worst kept secrets but at least it's been confirmed though.
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Probably means we have to wait five months to see who he's regenerated into! ;)
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Doubt they are planning to do this, but what I’d really like to see is 11 walking into an old episode, perhaps just in the background (like the end of Back To The Future 2). Or 11 meeting 8 when he becomes 9. All fairly possible and simple to do, yet maximum fan excitement.

If I were Moffat, what I might have done is a movie set in the background to the 1996 TV movie, where 11 meets (or interacts with) 7, 8 and ideally 9. The 1996 movie has always been a hugely important, yet fairly weak link in the chain of the Who legacy. By putting a whole new slant on it and creating a new story based around it (the kind of clever thing Moffat excels at), it could retroactively repair this “weak link” and make Doctor Who of the 90s seem more worthy and relevant, so you can go back and watch the 90s movie, seeing the original story in a whole new and interesting light. And of course the 90s Doctor Who has a lot inexplicable inconsistencies and unanswered questions which could all be cleared up (the biggest being: what actually happened afterwards for 8 to become 9?)
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    Probably means we have to wait five months to see who he's regenerated into! ;)

A good plot for an anniversary ep..

Regeneration trauma means the Doctor gets trapped between regenerations and visits his subconscious nether-world where all his other personalities remain.

Out of rebellion they have been deliberately ageing in his mind as if they're too stubborn to not realise they're not actually the main Doctor any more....

Throw in the Daleks getting access to his subconscious and threatening to Invade then run with it! :p
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    from GB...

Ben Stephenson, via The Guardian, confirms a Christmas special - among other interesting tidbits. Including that the two specials connect ("Or maybe it doesn't"), and that there will be Daleks ("Or maybe there won't"). Most interestingly, I felt, was when he says "Most people have their own Doctor Who", and that "There's lots to work out" - contracts for former Doctors, maybe?

SOURCE: http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/feb/11/doctor-who-3d-50th-birthday
  • Options
    DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from GB...

Ben Stephenson, via The Guardian, confirms a Christmas special - among other interesting tidbits. Including that the two specials connect ("Or maybe it doesn't"), and that there will be Daleks ("Or maybe there won't"). Most interestingly, I felt, was when he says "Most people have their own Doctor Who", and that "There's lots to work out" - contracts for former Doctors, maybe?

SOURCE: http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/feb/11/doctor-who-3d-50th-birthday

Surely it has to be more than 60 minutes, once you fit in the scenes designed to exploit the 3-D and scenes to nod and wink at the show's history, where would the story come in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    from GB...

Saw that, bit vague eh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    from GB...

"We will be doing it on cinema screens as well. We are working out the logistics of that at the moment because we need to make sure the main BBC1 experience remains absolute value for money for the audience."

• Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good plot for an anniversary ep..

Regeneration trauma means the Doctor gets trapped between regenerations and visits his subconscious nether-world where all his other personalities remain.

Out of rebellion they have been deliberately ageing in his mind as if they're too stubborn to not realise they're not actually the main Doctor any more....

Throw in the Daleks getting access to his subconscious and threatening to Invade then run with it! :p
    I hope it isn't that. Failed regeneration yes, but not a whole 'woke up and they dreamed it' thing, or anything too close to one. :o
This discussion has been closed.