Manchester United fans are from Manchester

homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
Forum Member
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4487710/Uniteds-fans-are-Mancs.html

Finally been proven right.

Also thanks to who ever posted the fact that since 1947 Manchester United has beaten Manchester City with a higher average attendance every season.

Comments

• Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    Not sure what this is supposed to prove? It also says that only 8.6% of your fanbase lives in the local postcode and that on average your fans live 95 miles away. I'd take the whole thing as a load of bollox that probably asked about 100 people in total!
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    Not sure what this is supposed to prove? It also says that only 8.6% of your fanbase lives in the local postcode and that on average your fans live 95 miles away. I'd take the whole thing as a load of bollox that probably asked about 100 people in total!

How many would you expect them to ask?
    Forum Member
    BomoLad wrote: »

I don't give a damn - I'd just not take anything like this as proof of anything as daft as how many fans are from a clubs home town. Just seems to prove sod all to me.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member

goes long way to prove that mancini/weldon are wrong in there ranting.
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »
    goes long way to prove that mancini/weldon are wrong in there ranting.

Yeh but let's be honest - did we need a crappy poll to prove that?
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol the sun.

aww homer your so obssessed with me...kinda sweet.........& sad.

your a huge man utd fan,i have so much respect for you dont worry.

just one thing...why rejoice about such a polls results when you believe that it does not matter where you live and who you support? could it be you guys change your stance so you always appear to be in the right?

very dissapointing if true...
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    When a club has millions of fans worldwide, much more than the overall population of Manchester, or indeed England, then obviously the majority will be outside of Manchester. Football isn't a communist, locality restricted sport where everything has to be equal.
  • Lawro2Lawro2 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just like the way Jedi is one of the biggest religions according to a poll.
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lawro2 wrote: »
    Just like the way Jedi is one of the biggest religions according to a poll.

Well there's no debating United isn't the most supported club in the country.

I don't see why it matters to anyone. It's all very 'peering over the garden fence' isn't it?
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Not particular bothered either way about where or who Man Utd fans are, but it seems that people misinterpreting the results of surveys/statistics is a fairly common practice.

Do they not teach kids how to use venn diagrams these days? :D
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    BomoLad wrote: »

I can't see any reference in the article to the sample size. Without that it's pretty meaningless.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Yeh but let's be honest - did we need a crappy poll to prove that?

very true:D
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares either way?

I'd say that many PL clubs have lots of supporters who don't live or come from that particular place.