Ferguson retires offically confirmed by man utd

homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
Forum Member
Just announced on sky sports

Comments

• celesticelesti Posts: 25,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way. Possibly the last remaining constant since I got into football (outside Dario Gradi always being at Crewe in some way)
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Just heard - hell of an act to follow for whoever get the job
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Sad day for manchester united but jose is gonna get the job now
  • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Just heard - hell of an act to follow for whoever get the job

The Special One?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it's Jose. I'd rather Jose go to United than back to Chelsea. There has been a lot of mutual respect paid between Jose and Fergie of late.. especially during the build up to the CL game at Old Trafford recently. Jose has also been paying compliment to United as a team and players like Giggs.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Tiron wrote: »
    The Special One?

That would be my bet, moreso then Moyes
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll believe it when he actually isn't standing at the touchline 10 games in next season.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    No way. Possibly the last remaining constant since I got into football (outside Dario Gradi always being at Crewe in some way)

Fergie will remain at Man Utd with a job in the boardroom. Club ambassador. :)
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It still doesn't seem real, it seems like a bad dream.

It will only really truly settle in, when I see someone sitting in his seat for their first match.
  • U.R.CorrectU.R.Correct Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they had to officially announce it to the New York Stock Exchange first..?
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,295
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Fergie will remain at Man Utd with a job in the boardroom. Club ambassador. :)

I wonder which managers could cope with the pressure of his presence being around the club?

Mourinho I guess..
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stunned. Fair play to all of you that were convinced that this was going to happen.

Thanks for everything, Fergie. Bring on Mourinho.
  • zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Feel like someone's died!

A sad day for the club, a legend that we will never see the likes of again!
    Forum Member
    Very sureal moment in my life, i went on record at the start of the madrid game at old trafford and said the way jose was looking around old trafford as he came out of the tunnel he had the look of "this is gonna be all mine next season"

49 trophies in 26 years, the man is and will always be a legend
  • Thames/LWTThames/LWT Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Apparently he's lost his chewing gum so has decided to call it a day.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    I wonder which managers could cope with the pressure of his presence being around the club?

Mourinho I guess..

Mourinho or Moyes are my picks for new manager.
    Forum Member
    Thames/LWT wrote: »
    Apparently he's lost his chewing gum so has decided to call it a day.

Always one on here isnt there:rolleyes:
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for everything Sir Alex. So many great memories.

One trophy shy of 50, remarkable.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zexstream wrote: »
    Feel like someone's died!

Be careful there, I said something similar and got slaughtered fir it!
  • SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely gutted. Cannot imagine him not being there.

I wish him all the best for his retirement and can only say thanks for all the wonderful memories.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huge day for football and there will be many supporters who have only ever known Ferguson as manager. Can't see Moyes being brought in although he is the bookies favourite. My money would have to go on Mourinho as being the most qualified to take on a club like Man U.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news for the likes of Chelsea and Man City. Fergie the only reason why United won the title this season and many others. He was a fantastic manager.

I hope United fans are prepared for some years without winning the league now. They've had a good innings and I know many United fans will give the new guy a bit of time, but some may be about to get very frustrated. Particularly the younger ones who know nothing other than Fergie.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,929
    Forum Member
    End of an Era it really is, we all knew the day would come eventually but it is a shock it has happened now, it will be really strange seeing someone else managing United they certainly have an impossible job on there hands. I'm pleased he is going out on top as it would be horrible seeing him go out like Brian Clough, he is without doubt the greatest manager of all time. Sad day for Manchester United and for Football in general as Fergie is Manchester United and he is an Institution.
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Very sureal moment in my life, i went on record at the start of the madrid game at old trafford and said the way jose was looking around old trafford as he came out of the tunnel he had the look of "this is gonna be all mine next season"

49 trophies in 26 years, the man is and will always be a legend

For all of Jose's quality as a coach, to replace SAF who's been at Man Utd longer than many people can remember, with a guy who's probably going to get itchy feet after a few seasons, would probably be the wrong move.
  • Thames/LWTThames/LWT Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Manchester United will present Sir Alex Ferguson with a gold watch when he retires this season.. It'll be 5 minutes slow.