Options

Will the Jose bubble burst?

homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
Forum Member
Well just finished watching MOTD this morning and they mentioned that this is chelseas worst start to a season since the Russian came to town with bags full of money.

Fans on Call Collymoore last night seemed to be behind Jose but his tactics this season seem very odd.

In the past we've had anti United and Moyes threads and a Liverpool relegation, so this is fair game.

Comments

• Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,047
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »
    In the past we've had anti United and Moyes threads and a Liverpool relegation, so this is fair game.

Not really. Those threads were looked upon as embarrassing for the OPs by the reasonable posters here, but if you're happy to join the WUMs then feel free.
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I think he will be ok

Watched the game yesterday and IMO they were missing a top center forward.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Chelsea should've beaten Everton. The number of clear chances they missed was just ridiculous.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    TheMask wrote: »
    To be honest I think he will be ok

Watched the game yesterday and IMO they were missing a top center forward.

The amount Chelsea have spent it's a bit weird that they are still missing a good striker.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The amount Chelsea have spent it's a bit weird that they are still missing a good striker.

That's the question we're all asking. Why did we need Willian and Schurrie (who was particularly unimpressive yesterday) when we already had three of the best attacking midfield players in Europe and De Bruyne coming back from loan ?

I'm not blaming Jose, all the transfer business now appears to be handled further up the chain. I don't know how many players could really be called "Jose's signings" anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You only had to look at the bench yesterday it was full of midfield players apart from Torres and Im not sure if he can be classed as a striker these days.
    That's the question we're all asking. Why did we need Willian and Schurrie (who was particularly unimpressive yesterday) when we already had three of the best attacking midfield players in Europe and De Bryne coming back from loan ?

I'm not blaming Jose, all the transfer business now appears to be handled further up the chain. I don't know how many players could really be called "Jose's signings" anymore.

Sorry I dont agree with the last statement. Jose will have come back to CFC wanting full control of things like that.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Nah, Jose is a genius, he will get it right. I think it may be a bumpy ride though.

As a general rule - never go back.
  • Options
    J B OddsocksJ B Oddsocks Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Nah, Jose is a genius, he will get it right. I think it may be a bumpy ride though.

As a general rule - never go back.

Yes, let's hope Jose is the exception to the rule.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, let's hope Jose is the exception to the rule.

Lets hope not...:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its probably a bit of a worry when the guys on Sunday Supplement are making the same point as you are but one of them said pretty much what i said on here yesterday.

I think Mata is finished at Chelsea and I dont think David Luiz is a Jose type player. What could be a bit awkward is if he decided to sell two fans favourites and bring in his own men. I could see some Chelsea fans questioning that if it were to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not really. Those threads were looked upon as embarrassing for the OPs by the reasonable posters here, but if you're happy to join the WUMs then feel free.

Not a WUM just asking a real and debatable question.

I do agree with cants that you never go back as its never the same twice.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever you think of Jose (I don't like him) he is a great manager. I don't believe these type of threads help anyone especially after 1 defeat as all it does is annoy people. Its Another example of the football forum needing its own moderator who can differentiate between wind ups & banter. FWIW Chelsea will be there or there shouts this season unfortunately. Yesterday's result changes nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To be fair i dont think Homer is any sort of WUM, i think he is asking a genuine question. Perhaps making reference to threads that WERE designed to wind people up wasnt the smartest but in general terms asking for opinions on the return of Jose seems legit to me.

I dont think there is a suggestion of "sack him!!!" or "Chelsea will be relegated!!!" more a question of things no clicking seamlessly.
  • Options
    alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I do think is reasonable, without being a WUM, is a question about the double standards and hypocrisy of Chelsea fans who wanted Benitez out regardless of his performances but will likely not question Mourinho with placards in the stands.

I don't know how a single Chelsea fan could hope to justify those placards. They should in the circumstances have been Roman out placards but we all know why they weren't produced.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't know how a single Chelsea fan could hope to justify those placards. They should in the circumstances have been Roman out placards but we all know why they weren't produced.

I honestly dont know why anyone thinks that they should have had Roman Out placards. I really don't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To be fair i dont think Homer is any sort of WUM, i think he is asking a genuine question. Perhaps making reference to threads that WERE designed to wind people up wasnt the smartest but in general terms asking for opinions on the return of Jose seems legit to me.

I dont think there is a suggestion of "sack him!!!" or "Chelsea will be relegated!!!" more a question of things no clicking seamlessly.

Thank you:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I do think is reasonable, without being a WUM, is a question about the double standards and hypocrisy of Chelsea fans who wanted Benitez out regardless of his performances but will likely not question Mourinho with placards in the stands.

But Mourinho didnt and has never bad mouthed the club or CFC fans
  • Options
    Forum Member

So very true, rafa got so much stick but delivered despite been royally hated, i know jose is loved but how long will the love last if he cant deliver in this day in age of football with Chelsea's reputation regarding football managers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mourinho won many trophies at Chelsea the first time

Roman bought many many trophies and players.

Benitez splits opinion in terms of his managerial ability, had been out of the game for a long time, replaced a fans favourite who won the CL and had previously made thinly veiled digs at the club when he managed a rival.

Are we REALLY surprised that Chelsea fans love Jose and Roman and disliked Benitez? Really?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mourinho won many trophies at Chelsea the first time

Roman bought many many trophies and players.

Benitez splits opinion in terms of his managerial ability, had been out of the game for a long time, replaced a fans favourite who won the CL and had previously made thinly veiled digs at the club when he managed a rival.

Are we REALLY surprised that Chelsea fans love Jose and Roman and disliked Benitez? Really?

True. I suppose its like fergie been in charge of liverpool
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point is that if you disagree with the owners choice of manager especially when he goes through them like shit through a goose then you normally question the owner and what he is doing.

Of course Chelsea fans wouldn't produce Roman out placards because that means pissing away the hundreds of millions he has invested. It is absurd hypocrisy. They wanted rid of a manager who got CL football and the Europa League trophy, for Christ sake.

If Stoke had gone through a manager a year in the last 7 years the club leadership would likely not survive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And it was extremely petty minded and childish for Chelsea fans to take it to heart in the way that they did. Even when Benitez was getting results after DiMatteo threatened to turn the club into a complete car crash, they still couldn't let it go, which was pathetic.

In the end, a fair groundswell of Chelsea fans had to backtrack and admit they had got it wrong. I believe generally he left with the good wishes of many.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My point is that if you disagree with the owners choice of manager especially when he goes through them like shit through a goose then you normally question the owner and what he is doing.

Of course Chelsea fans wouldn't produce Roman out placards because that means pissing away the hundreds of millions he has invested. It is absurd hypocrisy. They wanted rid of a manager who got CL football and the Europa League trophy, for Christ sake.

If Stoke had gone through a manager a year in the last 7 years the club leadership would likely not survive.

I dont see it s hypocrisy at all. Benitez won them over in the end by winning the Europa etc but i dont blame the Chelsea fans for not wanting him in the first place.

Its the price you pay for having RA as the owner. On the one hand you get a blank cheque - on the other you get Shevchenko, Torres and a new manager every 10 mins.

Roman has built up a lot of "credit" with Chelsea fans by delivering players, trophies and untold cash, so you wouldnt target him and want him "out". Saying "Benitez Out" is different. They were sending a message to the owner. They dont want the owner to go but they are telling him they dont want his choice of manager.

I think most fans would be similar in the same circumstances.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And it was extremely petty minded and childish for Chelsea fans to take it to heart in the way that they did. Even when Benitez was getting results after DiMatteo threatened to turn the club into a complete car crash, they still couldn't let it go, which was pathetic.

In the end, a fair groundswell of Chelsea fans had to backtrack and admit they had got it wrong. I believe generally he left with the good wishes of many.

Im not in disagreement with you. Just giving you a reason why they wont turn on Jose
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, hypocrisy might be the wrong term. But lets see if Mourinhos results are similar to those of Benitez as the season wears on and we might save the word to use later.

If you don't like the manager then fine, making that point is one thing but it was dragged to ridiculous extremes game after game after game.

As I say noone would want to boot a billionaire owner because they know their club will be down the chute. I get it, and this is why I said in normal circumstances you would question an owner who follows his approach. Sooner or later firing blank cheques is going be more miss than hit, when you consider how rivals are putting their warchests together.