Options

O2 Lease Contract Phones Rip Off

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Just like you see if anyone has came across problems with O2 Lease Phones where you can lease a new phone for a year and change it for a new model at the end of 12 months.

We have just sent our one back and entered into a new contract for 24 months on a standard business plan and they have now sent an invoice for £195 for repairs, saying there were damage reported and the phone was almost beyond repair!!

The phone was in perfect condition except a few minor scratches on the back, the screen and the rest of the phone was perfect as it was in a chunky case with a screen protector, it was sent back in the original box and double wrapped in a bubble bag and sent back by special delivery.

i contacted O2 to protest that the phone was almost perfect when it left me and they said the report stated a back light problem and i wouldnt have been aware of this problem until it was tested, after almost 20 minutes it was apparent they were not going to drop anything off the cost and are charging me £195 for a phone that was fantastic when it left me.

O2 have scored out big time, £50 per month for 12 months, phone back at the end of the contract and a nice £195 to top it off!!

SO PLEASE PLEASE BE AWARE BEFORE YOU ENTER INTO A LEASE CONTACT THAT THERE IS A HIGH CHANCE O2 WILL BE ABLE CHARGE WHATEVER THEY WANT AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Comments

• Options
    JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THERE IS A HIGH CHANCE O2 WILL BE ABLE CHARGE WHATEVER THEY WANT AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

A high chance? Based on a sample size of 1?
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    did you take pictures of it?

there will be a dispute resolution service.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    yeah took three pictures of the phone all, one of the light scratches on the back, one of the screen in perfect condition and another of it in the original box all packaged up, O2 too big to bother even if they lost 100 customers through it, nothing to them.

the fact they can charge whatever they want and you cant dispute it is really scary, the phone was perfect, they would only have charger an extra £50 idf the phone was lost, stolen or broken in two.

I will never go near or reccommend O2 ever again and thats from someone who has had an O2 account for the last 16 years, never again!!
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    yeah took three pictures of the phone all, one of the light scratches on the back, one of the screen in perfect condition and another of it in the original box all packaged up, O2 too big to bother even if they lost 100 customers through it, nothing to them.

the fact they can charge whatever they want and you cant dispute it is really scary, the phone was perfect, they would only have charger an extra £50 idf the phone was lost, stolen or broken in two.

I will never go near or reccommend O2 ever again and thats from someone who has had an O2 account for the last 16 years, never again!!

Lose 100 customers? Based on your single experience only?

Why haven't you used their complaints review service / ombudsman?
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member

O2 for business is actually terrible compared to Vodafone.