Options

On a given day, peak Torres or peak Suarez who is/was better?

Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On a given day, peak Torres or peak Suarez who is/was better?

Peak Torres or peak Suarez who is/was better? 68 votes

Peak Torres
14% 10 votes
Peak Suarez
85% 58 votes

Comments

• Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suarez. There isn't much of a debate for this one, Suarez scored more goals, made more assists and generally did more to help the team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torres pace was phenomenal at his peak.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torres vs vidic

I've never seen anything like it
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say Suarez. Torres at his very best was an outstanding striker, but Suarez has the better all-round game. Torres relied heavily on pace and lightening reactions, that's why his game deteriorated so quickly when he lost that "edge".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say at the peak of his powers Torres was the more spectacular/thrilling.
  • Options
    poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say that at their peak there is absolutely nothing to choose between these two.

Both are/were fantastic players - possibly two of the best ever in he prem.
  • Options
    SuperTed_SuperTed_ Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I would say Suarez. Torres at his very best was an outstanding striker, but Suarez has the better all-round game. Torres relied heavily on pace and lightening reactions, that's why his game deteriorated so quickly when he lost that "edge".

That's probably my thoughts. I think Torres was the better striker, but Suarez is the far better player. He can change a game even when he's not fit or playing well.

Torres was world class but has declined so much it's easy to forget how good he was.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Torres vs vidic

I've never seen anything like it

Really?

Drogba vs Carragher in the CL. Completely obliterated.
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brazilian Ronaldo.

As between those two, I have never been a Torres fan, whereas Suarez is in my opinion the best in the world, so Suarez any day of the week.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Suarez.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was Torres' peak, was it just his first season at Liverpool, or more than that?

As I would be edging towards Suarez, if given the choice between peak players.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suarez
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was Torres' peak, was it just his first season at Liverpool, or more than that?

As I would be edging towards Suarez, if given the choice between peak players.

I remember Torres looking a terrific player before he arrived at Liverpool. I had been hoping we might sign him, but Liverpool had always been the English club he wanted to join. Then we did get him and he was crocked, don't know how he passed his MOT to be honest. Dalgish saw us coming with that one alright. :(
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    On his day, Suarez is really sharp
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    Suarez, and it isn't even really close. He simply has way more to his game than Torres ever did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Torres looking a terrific player before he arrived at Liverpool. I had been hoping we might sign him, but Liverpool had always been the English club he wanted to join. Then we did get him and he was crocked, don't know how he passed his MOT to be honest. Dalgish saw us coming with that one alright. :(

Indeed he did, but strangely we still got the better end of that deal!
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Indeed he did, but strangely we still got the better end of that deal!

Liverpool got 50 million.

You got Torres.

Safe to say you're talking **** again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Liverpool got 50 million.

You got Torres.

Safe to say you're talking **** again.

I'm obviously referring to what Kenny did with that money, wasting it.

I wonder if the sMe thing has happened to the Suarez money, I guess we will soon find out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm obviously referring to what Kenny did with that money, wasting it.

I wonder if the sMe thing has happened to the Suarez money, I guess we will soon find out

That's a completely different and separate deal which didn't involve Chelsea what so ever. You got no better end of the deal. You brought Torres for 50 million which ultimately turned out to be awful on your end. It happens.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsea good, everyone else bad...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    That's a completely different and separate deal which didn't involve Chelsea what so ever. You got no better end of the deal. You brought Torres for 50 million which ultimately turned out to be awful on your end. It happens.

But you cannot take things in isolation, football doesn't work like that.

We could argue that Chelsea selling Luiz is a terrible transfer even though we got fifty million, you cannot play a bundle of cash on the pitch.

But I. Context, when we reinvested in Costa and fabregas it is a good deal for Chelsea.

Do you see?
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We could argue that Chelsea selling Luiz is a terrible transfer even though we got fifty million, you cannot play a bundle of cash on the pitch.

But I. Context, when we reinvested in Costa and fabregas it is a good deal for Chelsea.

Do you see?

Err... no. Selling David Luiz for 50million before the World Cup was a genius deal in any circumstances.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Torres was a special player, the way he came here and hit the ground running. 24 PL goals in his first season was an incredible achievement, but overshadowed a bit because Ronaldo had an even more incredible season. At the time he was considered arguably the world's most lethal striker, but I can't say he was ever better than Suarez, if only because Suarez has more to his game.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Do you see?

Chelsea paid 50 million for Torres. What Liverpool went on to do with that 50 million is completely separate to Chelsea buying Torres for 50 million.

Do you see? Of course you do, but you're up to your usual tricks which most can see anyway. Wasting your time.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torres was more ruthless and swift.