Options

McDonalds staff

SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
Forum Member
Its convenient to call at McDonald's for a coffee and apple pie but my local one (which is a very busy branch) really has gone downhill in the last few months. If you are a McDonalds regular have you noticed similar with your branch?

Sometimes it is the roll-out of a new company policy or work method that causes the staff problems so I thought I would ask.

Not to go into too many details but I have seen long term staff dissapear and the general standard drop with for instance:

Same food splats up the walls for weeks (not cleaned)
Plant baskets not watered and just dead and brown.
Staff arguing and shouting in front of customers (ended up with a mop duel).
Food barely warm and poorly prepared.
Food with dirt on it (unhappy customer next to me returned a burger with a hairy fluff ball perched on top).
Behind the counter worksurfaces dirty with splats of drink and grot everywhere.

McDonalds used to be great because it was reliable hot filling grub but what has changed?

Comments

• Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Are you sure you aren't exaggerating things just a tad?
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like morale's low.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Are you sure you aren't exaggerating things just a tad?

Not at all - I'm a McDonald's regular and know how good they can be. What I'm seeing is not McDonald's at their best by a long shot.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Soundbox wrote: »
    Not at all - I'm a McDonald's regular and know how good they can be. What I'm seeing is not McDonald's at their best by a long shot.

In that case. YUCK!
  • Options
    Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find them to be very thorough, I was once asked if I wanted milk and sugar with my Coke....
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Pob-Bundy wrote: »
    I find them to be very thorough, I was once asked if I wanted milk and sugar with my Coke....

I agree. I bought some fries and was asked "do you want fries with that?".
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    I was once in a McDonalds when the manager said to a customer 'I hope you f*cking choke on it'. Was possibly the most amusing thing i've ever seen in an eating establishment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will never forget the girl who blatantly put 3 quid something in my hand and said there's you £5 odd change. I went mad, the OH was fairly embarrassed. Either she was thick as shit or trying to rip me off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Don't like the new "Argos" style queueing system that they're rolling out.

Especially when it's busy and you have absolutely no idea who's queueing, who's waiting, or indeed which queueing system is actually in use!!

Mind you, didn't like the old system much, especially when it's busy and there's somebody marshalling you to a particular queue and you end up stuck behind a family of 6 ordering 4 happy meals instead of the person on their own ordering a hamburger.
  • Options
    Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's the same staff at your McDonalds that work in all the McDonalds is it?
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Hot filling grub."

It has never been this, McDonalds food tastes like reheated dogshit.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen long term staff dissapear

Why were they dissing a pear? What was wrong with it?
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was once in a McDonalds when the manager said to a customer 'I hope you f*cking choke on it'. Was possibly the most amusing thing i've ever seen in an eating establishment.

Really ?
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its convenient to call at McDonald's for a coffee and apple pie but my local one (which is a very busy branch) really has gone downhill in the last few months. If you are a McDonalds regular have you noticed similar with your branch?

Sometimes it is the roll-out of a new company policy or work method that causes the staff problems so I thought I would ask.

Not to go into too many details but I have seen long term staff dissapear and the general standard drop with for instance:

Food with dirt on it (unhappy customer next to me returned a burger with a hairy fluff ball perched on top).

McDonalds used to be great because it was reliable hot filling grub but what has changed?

I've always found McDonald's ok

No problems at all

Mop duel????
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    "Hot filling grub."

It has never been this, McDonalds food tastes like reheated dogshit.

Not their Sausage and Egg McMuffins. God`s own food that stuff.
  • Options
    MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dogshit never tastes good after reheating.
  • Options
    QTC13QTC13 Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why were they dissing a pear? What was wrong with it?

Those pesky pears are at it again >:(>:(
  • Options
    yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, am I the only one who thinks the concept of a 'mop duel' is f*cking hilarious?!?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've always found McDonald's ok

No problems at all

Mop duel????

Mop duel. Think of the scene in One Foot In The Grave where Victor has been hired to clean and he is having the vacuum cleaner fight with the old dad - it was just like that but with one wet mop and one dry one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird. All the McDonalds branches around here are actually really well-maintained.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Weird. All the McDonalds branches around here are actually really well-maintained.
    Same here. Actually seeing more mature staff aswell, although that might be due to times of the year.

It's the same with the weekly fast food threads. There are areas or franchises that will be better than others.

If yours is in such a state then contact McDonalds and ask them why.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't use McDonalds myself, but it's always been my understanding that they have a pretty rigorous training scheme, customer service standards, etc. Have you spoken to the Manager about these falling standards? That would have been my first response.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Coincidentally this is on the BBC news site today

How do restaurant chains compare for food hygiene?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28529189

McDonalds comes out very well.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On average I only have a McDonald's about once a month or so. So just as long as what I order is hot and edible then the state of the outlet's seating area or attitude of the staff doesn't bother me in the slightest.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    On average I only have a McDonald's about once a month or so. So just as long as what I order is hot and edible then the state of the outlet's seating area or attitude of the staff doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Then perhaps it should. I'm only saying that because if the "front of house" attitude is bad, then who knows what's going on behind the scenes? A sloppy attitude to hygiene for instance.