Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine

CassiniCassini Posts: 2,629
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone read her page?

I only started reading 'cos she lost one of her cats last year and seemed to keep reading after that. (The cat turned up).

It's a bit of soap opera with her but I was glad she finally kicked out her leeching husband.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah I think I saw her being interviewed by R & J, she wrote about her private life as a column in a magazine, yeah. Sounded a bit boring to me to be honest, but she's split up with her fella? Can't say I'm surprised. She wrote about him a lot and quite unflatteringly in her column/book didn't she? Oh well.
  • Options
    pairofpantspairofpants Posts: 7,098
    Forum Member
    Please, I could go on and on about this boring, obsessive-compulsive, attention seeking woman all day - so I'll try and stop before I bore you to death. She takes her husband back, btw - after he has slept with several women in India, including a regular called Deidre. I hope she drowns in a sea of organic hair products, Diptyque candles, Prada tops and cat litter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Bit harsh (IMO)
    Its only a magazine column.
    I read it, but despair that a woman really is that gullible.
    Her hubby needs to be kicked into touch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please, I could go on and on about this boring, obsessive-compulsive, attention seeking woman all day - so I'll try and stop before I bore you to death. She takes her husband back, btw - after he has slept with several women in India, including a regular called Deidre. I hope she drowns in a sea of organic hair products, Diptyque candles, Prada tops and cat litter.

:D LOL I know what you mean. She gives all women a bad name, silly moo.

;) You do realise she is the antithesis of a feminine icon that so inspired the Grumpy Old Women thread on Chatter? Now approaching several months and over 20,000 posts.

We are all terrified of displaying any Liz Jones' traits. :eek:
  • Options
    weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    I love her and I love her column :o:o:o

she also had a column in the Evening Standard but I think she has gone on to "better things" now - waaaaaaah!! :cry:

Her column in the Mail on Sunday, You supplement, is the first thing I read whilst I munch my toast and slurp my tea -(taking care, of course, having absorbed Liz's ethics, to not spill any tea or drop any crumbs or smear runny butter and marmite on the settee cushions ;) )

She has a serious form of OCD you know ;) - now having read her mazagine articles and seen her being interviewed, I would never have guessed :eek: ;);) :D

I love Liz Jones because having read her articles, I realise that *I* am fine and everything is *my* world is all tickety boo. I realise I am lucky to have a faithful husband who doesn't sod off to India to "find himself"; that I live in an untidy and "lived in" home where EVERYTHING is ALWAYS out of place but we are content and happy.......

something Liz distinctly lacks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am worried about where Liz is going to eat now the Organic Pub has closed down - what will she do *wrings hands*.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a pathetic excuse for a journalist. I would rather gouge my eyes out with red hot pokers than read a single sentence of her self obsessed, pointless, rambling, poorly written, chick-lit twaddle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh Pru, don't be so harsh on her - it's been so hard for her to find a house in Islington for under a million pounds!!
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Pru, don't be so harsh on her - it's been so hard for her to find a house in Islington for under a million pounds!!

:cry:

My heart bleeds for the silly cow, it really does. Perhaps she might try eating some humble pie and start actually basing herself in reality for a change? People exist in the real world WITH REAL PROBLEMS.

She is the reverse of a Misogynist and frankly one of the most contemptible people in 'journalism'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :cry:

My heart bleeds for the silly cow, it really does. Perhaps she might try eating some humble pie and start actually basing herself in reality for a change? People exist in the real world WITH REAL PROBLEMS.

She is the reverse of a Misogynist and frankly one of the most contemptible people in 'journalism'.

Only if it's organic, vegan humble pie from M and S or Selfridges Food Hall, Pru :D
  • Options
    bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is she?
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love Liz Jones because having read her articles, I realise that *I* am fine and everything is *my* world is all tickety boo. I realise I am lucky to have a faithful husband who doesn't sod off to India to "find himself"; that I live in an untidy and "lived in" home where EVERYTHING is ALWAYS out of place but we are content and happy.......

something Liz distinctly lacks.

Well said. :D

Normandie Keith does my bloody head in as well. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why she wants to share every aspect of her life with the public! Perhaps she has a psychiatric disorder?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone please tell me who this person is?
  • Options
    CassiniCassini Posts: 2,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really sure WHO she is except she writes a weekly page in the back of the Mail on Sunday's YOU Magazine.

A sort of a light hearted (or so I thought) rambling on everyday life and marriage. Except her marriage appeared to be going down the pan - and did.

Once I started reading it became like the soaps - and I carried on.

For those who already read her - have you seen this -

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,18030-2088994,00.html

from The Husband?

I am disappointed to learn she has taken him back!

He needs to be kicked out for good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bom-jiggy wrote:
    Someone please tell me who this person is?

she used to be a "Fashion Editor" for some up market glossy mag - Vogue/Cosmo/Marie Claire dunno don't care :D
    she now writes "features" in magazines and newspapers including the Daily Mail, You supplement etc etc

what I *do* know is, is that she really does not live on Planet Earth :rolleyes:

her life revolves around HERSELF - she has no other interest in what is going on in this big and bad, mixed up world. as long as she is able to soak her hard working, chapped and peeled hands from all the *hand wringing* she has done, worrying about 'imindoors (who isn't *indoors* so much now ;) )

According to her weekly column, she seems to spend most of her life with her hands in mittens that have been soaked in life enriching hand cream, lying lies in a bubble bath full of life enriching crystals and boobah that have cost her lots of quids from some poncey shop in Covent Garden or Harrods :rolleyes: She cakes her face with some unguent gloop to reduce her lines and to moisturise.........

ooooooh to have the opportunity TO LIE IN BATH WITH MY HANDS IN MITTENS!!!!! :mad:

She desperately wants a baby - but does not know how she would cope with the "mess"!

Her husband is just having a laugh at her expense - he has lived off her earnings whilst "writing his book", and then sodded off to India - picking up 5 lovers on the way :mad:

yeah - Liz Jones - oh to have her life :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cassini wrote:

from The Husband?

:eek::eek:

I knew he was a bit of a git (another word would have got me banned :D )
    but that article has amazed me!! I thought LJ was a bit of a loved up div, and could forgive her - but to put up with the evil dictat that "her husband" claims to?? FFS??

boot him out Liz and have an even longer bath!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks weedledeedle :)
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cassini wrote:
    I'm not really sure WHO she is except she writes a weekly page in the back of the Mail on Sunday's YOU Magazine.

A sort of a light hearted (or so I thought) rambling on everyday life and marriage. Except her marriage appeared to be going down the pan - and did.

Once I started reading it became like the soaps - and I carried on.

from The Husband?

I've read a few interviews with him of late but that takes the cake. Talk about a couple who deserve each other. I'd argue with him over his labelling her an alpha female though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God!! Is that guy serious? Please tell me its a p*ss-take...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since she claims to suffer from Compulsive Obsessive Disorder, maybe that is why she feels the need to write about all aspects of her private line in print. To be honest, I thought it was all a work of fiction as I couldn't imagine why any man or woman would want their partner charting every aspect of their private lives to all and sundry. But hey it brings in the money to allow Liz to afford her place in Islington and her husband to do sweet f.a. for a number of years before flogging a book on the back of being the subject matter of her columns for years on end. They sound as if they both deserve each other.

His getting back with her sounds suspiciously like the hackneyed formula used by heat magazine etc to lull the gullible into parting with their dosh. If the two of them had got married an lived an uneventful married life subequently, there would be no copy in it and therefore no filthy lucre to be made.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    icklekermy wrote:
    Oh my God!! Is that guy serious? Please tell me its a p*ss-take...

I think *he* believed his own crap!!

what a pontificating load of clap trap he spouts though!

The guy is a Rick with a silent 'p'!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PamelaL wrote:

Normandie Keith does my bloody head in as well. :mad:

She comes across as a complete waste of Space NK (sic). :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SinSeer wrote:
    She comes across as a complete waste of Space NK (sic). :cool:

lol ;)
    I geddit!!

another one who doesn't live in the real world and things everyone has a disposable income of circa £50,000 pa according to what SHE spends on fripperies!!!

and whilst I appreciate that having a child is a marvellous thing and she did have a tough time - I just wish she would STOP GOING ON ABOUT IT!!

she is not the ONLY one to have had an IVF baby :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well at least Normandie Keith went around things the normal way - Liz Jones decided to visit a freaking Quack when she wanted a baby, and had to drink a vile tea every two hours or something. Obviouly the Practitioner was someone who was also bored of her column!!
This discussion has been closed.