Christina Aguilera To Leave Label For Live Nation

Comments

• ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    you are right. she does come across as a Diva and bitchy imo, her attitude is stupid she KNEW this was her comeback album yet she and her record label are soo Lazy to pay for flights around the world to promote it.

But in The U.S she flopped so hard and her promo was HEAVY she was on near enough every show
    and even now her new song 'You Lost me has flopped so bad.

I personally don't think she career about her music anymore as bionic has shown, i think she will just go into movies if her movie is successful.

ERM NO!

Do you know how big the USA actually is? like how many states they have? how many different TV channels each state has? Think Europe as one country then times it by 2. People honestly have no idea how promo in the US works. Alot of people in the US didn't even know she had an album out. Twitter was flooded with American's asking where her promo was.

And LOL at those trying to write her off. One hit single and she will be back on top in no time. Just like Mariah after her blip. Darkchild has already said he is doing material for her. Christina ain't going no where. Sorry folks.
  • Ryan-BRyan-B Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ERM NO!

Do you know how big the USA actually is? like how many states they have? how many different TV channels each state has? Think Europe as one country then times it by 2. People honestly have no idea how promo in the US works. Alot of people in the US didn't even know she had an album out. Twitter was flooded with American's asking where her promo was.

And LOL at those trying to write her off. One hit single and she will be back on top in no time. Just like Mariah after her blip. Darkchild has already said he is doing material for her. Christina ain't going no where. Sorry folks

agree. christina needed this album to happen. now she and her peeps can get onto making a mimi and she will be fine.

all top aritsts need a period like bionic as it boosts creativity and gives them something to work for.

mtv are already suggesting britney's new album will flop as well. so the likes of rihanna, lady gaga and katy perry are pushing the oldies out. which is the cycle of pop. no use crying when your fave is no longer on top as only madonna has broken this trend and even she has now started to slow down.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I thought rihanna's album had also "under performed"?
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Hardly. Ok it sold 3 million or so but actually Good girl only sold just about 4 million and that was even before the re-release.

Rihanna's album has done brilliant. It's Mariah's album (also from rihanna's label) that bombed bad. Plus Rihanna isn't an album artist anyway. Rude boy, Russian and Hard (US only) have been successful enough for the label
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariah is nothing like Christina. Plus I dont know why you want to blame the performance of Bionic on Christina herself. The record company made mistakes, they should have got her out there promoting NMT more when it was released. She should have had another single and video out before the album was released. They waited too long after they annoucned Woo hoo was the next single, she didnt go out there and promote it. There was no video, she didnt do interviews on the radio etc.When they say Woo Hoo wasnt making an impact they should have reacted quicker, instead they waited until all interest in the project had died and then put out the you lost me video. Apart from the intial album promo she hasnt done anything to promote you lost me.

You can't solely blame the record company though, Christina spent a couple of days lazing by a pool when she should have been out promoting, they lined up a tour for her, she said she didn't have time to do it? What exactly has she been doing in the mean time? I get the impression she wasn't behind the album, so no matter what the record company did for her, she wasn't up for helping out.

Getting a slot on Oprah or American Idol isn't exactly easy, particularly on Idol before an album had even been released she was allowed to sing an unknown song, the record company clearly put the effort in, it's been Christina herself that isn't pulling her weight.

They shouldn't have allowed her to cancel her tour, a well received tour can get daily publicity all over the world and draw attention to her for a sustained period of time, the whole "I'm a perfectionist" screams of "I can't be bothered" give her a stool for ballads and a couple of backing dancers and you're sorted, it was a promo tour not a big budget world tour.

There have been so many mistakes with this album, but Christina is to blame for a lot of them, not just the record company
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People make it sound so easy to get a hit single... She's never going to get a We Belong Together, so she's never going to be as big as she once was. Her career is in serious decline and has been since Back to Basics. All she can hope for is a new album next year with at least two big singles before it. But this is nothing like Mariah's career and can't be compared. She should be on her sixth studio album by now, not fourth. And her vocals are starting to decline, so she needs to get another album out pronto.

She takes herself too seriously.
  • PinkGlitterPinkGlitter Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People make it sound so easy to get a hit single... She's never going to get a We Belong Together, so she's never going to be as big as she once was. Her career is in serious decline and has been since Back to Basics. All she can hope for is a new album next year with at least two big singles before it. But this is nothing like Mariah's career and can't be compared. She should be on her sixth studio album by now, not fourth. And her vocals are starting to decline, so she needs to get another album out pronto.

Exactly. Mariah Carey had already had numerous mega selling albums when she had her lower selling period.

Christina had only had 2, and the last of those was released in 2003.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly, she is unlikely to get a we belong together type hit. That type of hit is very rare. Remember this song was number one for 14 weeks and still holds the record for the greatest number of impressions on US radio. Plus it was named the song of the decade by billboard. Sure she can get a comeback hit/record but I doubt it will be as big as Mariah's was.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My comparison to Mariah wasn't about song/comeback/voice, I was discussing their Diva attitudes.
  • Official DivaOfficial Diva Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Hang on. No one knows what's around the corner. Christina has an amazing voice. Who is to say she won't get a We Belong Together or a Bleeding Love?

Truth is none of you know but its obvious some of you are hoping she doesn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My comparison to Mariah wasn't about song/comeback/voice, I was discussing their Diva attitudes.

Well even as I said. Mariah's personality is nothing like Christina's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on. No one knows what's around the corner. Christina has an amazing voice. Who is to say she won't get a We Belong Together or a Bleeding Love?

She won't get a We Belong Together, because she hasn't got the musicianship that Mariah has, which is why the song was so good.

She has a decent chance of getting a Bleeding Love, but she refuses to work with current producers, so I can't see it happening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Im not hoping that she doesnt. I want her to have a comeback hit, im just saying the chances of her having a hit of that magnitude are not that high. Even Mariah herself will probably never have another hit as big as we belong together, although you should never count Mariah out!

She could probably get a bleeding love type hit in the US, but maybe not on the same worldwide scale as Leona did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She won't get a We Belong Together, because she hasn't got the musicianship that Mariah has, which is why the song was so good.

She has a decent chance of getting a Bleeding Love, but she refuses to work with current producers, so I can't see it happening.

she does work with current producers. tricky stewart, mia, ladytron, santigold....all very current. Just because she doesnt feed of RedOne or J.R Rotem doesn't mean shes not current
  • Official DivaOfficial Diva Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member

Hasn't got the musicianship Mariah has? now I'm not saying Mariah isn;t a good singer but Christina can use her voice in ways Mariah can't. Mariah can only sing one way. Christina was voted best vocalist of the past 30 years by Rolling Stone.

And refuses to work with current producers? she worked with several mainstream ''current'' producers on Bionic. Far more mainstream than Mariah who has worked with Jermaine for ten years without going to different producers.
    Im not hoping that she doesnt. I want her to have a comeback hit, im just saying the chances of her having a hit of that magnitude are not that high. Even Mariah herself will probably never have another hit as big as we belong together, although you should never count Mariah out!

She could probably get a bleeding love type hit in the US, but maybe not on the same worldwide scale as Leona did.

I've heard it all now. Christina has already had several tracks which have all performed the same as or better than Bleeding Love did.

You are saying Christina will never have another big hit. I'm saying you can't say that as you never know. Even Cher didn't have her biggest hit until she was 50 years old. No one knows what's around the corner. There could be a little gem sitting on Linda Perry's desk right now just waiting for Christina's vocals for all you know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

spot on and i agree with your second post above this. well said. all the truth.

for all we know the lead single from the musical could end up being a huge success. i mean the musical is already getting rave reviews from the few critics who have had previews.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't got the musicianship Mariah has? now I'm not saying Mariah isn;t a good singer but Christina can use her voice in ways Mariah can't. Mariah can only sing one way. Christina was voted best vocalist of the past 30 years by Rolling Stone.

You are saying Christina will never have another big hit. I'm saying you can't say that as you never know. Even Cher didn't have her biggest hit until she was 50 years old. No one knows what's around the corner. There could be a little gem sitting on Linda Perry's desk right now just waiting for Christina's vocals for all you know.

Im sorry but this is not true at all. Mariah has so many different textures to her voice and has sang in so many different ways and styles over the years. Just go and listen to a few of her early albums, then listen to, some from the mid to late 90's and then listen to some of her more reccent ones. Better still get on youtube and look up her performance of you and I, a classic example of Mariah using her voice in a different way to how most people know her to use it. I'm not going to get into a comparison between Mariah and Christina, but to say Mariah only sings in one way is silly. Yes Christina can probably do things Mariah can't but there are a LOT of things Mariah can do which Christina can't do.

Im not saying she will never have a bit hit again. Of course shae can have a big hit. All im saying is that there are different degrees of hits.
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    There are an awful lot of people on here who hide behind the 'I'm a fan' tag but obviously aren't. Some of the insults Christina gets from so called fans are brutal and nasty. Like Official Diva said. No one knows what is around the corner and its clear some of you are wanting her to fail. The soundtrack for the movie sounds shit hot so the lead single is sure to be. I give it 18 months at least before she has a big worldwide hit on her hands. Bionic was her vision. It didn't work she will move on from it. That's life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And refuses to work with current producers? she worked with several mainstream ''current'' producers on Bionic. Far more mainstream than Mariah who has worked with Jermaine for ten years without going to different producers.

I've heard it all now. Christina has already had several tracks which have all performed the same as or better than Bleeding Love did.

Christina is a terrible vocalist. She sings with a high larynx and it is incredibly noticeable. The people who voted her higher than Mariah clearly don't know anything about vocals. Mariah has a five octave voice and each note in her range is perfectly mastered. And I wasn't even talking about their voices; Mariah has a lot more creativity and input into her music and writes all her songs and composes the melodies herself. Whether you prefer Christina is personal choice, but there's no doubt that Mariah is a) the better vocalist and b) the better musician.

Most of the "commercial" songs on the album were produced by Pollow Da Don. And most of her album sounded like dated, like it belonged in 2005. And like I said, Mariah doesn't need current producers because she is so hands on with her work, like Alicia Keys.

I'm just saying it's incredibly naive to assume that this is just a rough patch in her career, and therefore cannot be compared to Mariah's situation at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    There are an awful lot of people on here who hide behind the 'I'm a fan' tag but obviously aren't. Some of the insults Christina gets from so called fans are brutal and nasty. Like Official Diva said. No one knows what is around the corner and its clear some of you are wanting her to fail. The soundtrack for the movie sounds shit hot so the lead single is sure to be. I give it 18 months at least before she has a big worldwide hit on her hands. Bionic was her vision. It didn't work she will move on from it. That's life.

I'm a casual fan. I own her greatest hits and would have considered myself a big fan before Bionic.

And there's no point hoping for Burlesque to revive her career. I've seen the trailer and it looks like every musical out there, but somehow more cliche and less witty. Plus it's up against Harry Potter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina is a terrible vocalist. She sings with a high larynx and it is incredibly noticeable. The people who voted her higher than Mariah clearly don't know anything about vocals. Mariah has a five octave voice and each note in her range is perfectly mastered. And I wasn't even talking about their voices; Mariah has a lot more creativity and input into her music and writes all her songs and composes the melodies herself. Whether you prefer Christina is personal choice, but there's no doubt that Mariah is a) the better vocalist and b) the better musician.

Most of the "commercial" songs on the album were produced by Pollow Da Don. And most of her album sounded like dated, like it belonged in 2005. And like I said, Mariah doesn't need current producers because she is so hands on with her work, like Alicia Keys.

I'm just saying it's incredibly naive to assume that this is just a rough patch in her career, and therefore cannot be compared to Mariah's situation at all.
    yeah and this is why mariah hasn't had a worldwide hit single since 2005!! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully it is just a rough patch in her career but I agree with patrick, Mariah has her own sound, which comes from her input into her records. Her lyrics, her melodies, her vocal arrangements.

I think Christina has a great voice and is very talented, and despite it's chart performance I still think Bionic is an excellent album. I do think she will be able to come back from this album.
    Forum Member

I'm just saying it's incredibly naive to assume that this is just a rough patch in her career
    , and therefore cannot be compared to Mariah's situation at all.

But it is just a rough patch. Back To Basics wasn't a proper pop album yet it sold nearly 4 million for an album which was full of 1940/1950's sounds. That's not a flop. Hurt went top #10 in 19 countries.

Bionic has flopped for a number of different reasons but as others have pointed out there is no evidence to suggest that the next album or her career in general is over. It's just wishful thinking from haters.
    Forum Member
    Hopefully it is just a rough patch in her career but I agree with patrick, Mariah has her own sound, which comes from her input into her records. Her lyrics, her melodies, her vocal arrangements.

I think Christina has a great voice and is very talented, and despite it's chart performance I still think Bionic is an excellent album. I do think she will be able to come back from this album.

As does Christina as several artists will confirm.
    The band’s persistence and increasingly distinctive sound have attracted some high-profile admirers: Depeche Mode may not be surprising, but earlier this year, Ladytron followers were startled to learn that Christina Aguilera was not only a fan, but had also already worked with the band on a variety of songs to be released in the near future.

“We went in with no expectations; the whole thing was a massive surprise,” explains Wu. “But it was incredible. She was so musically talented, a vocalist who really knows her voice. The first takes sounded really amazing, and while we’d made demos, it was only when her voice was on them that it all came to life. It’s nice to talk about them, we’ve been sitting on this for a while!”

http://www.ocweekly.com/2009-04-23/music/ladytron/

So don't try to playdown Christina.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan-B wrote: »
    yeah and this is why mariah hasn't had a worldwide hit single since 2005!! :cool:

Touch My Body was a hit, and so was Obsessed. Thing is, Mariah can always produce big hits. She's been doing it for her whole career because she doesn't rely on anyone, much like Alicia Keys. She will always stay relevant because of how much impact she has created, as well as because of how much input she has into her music.
    But it is just a rough patch. Back To Basics wasn't a proper pop album yet it sold nearly 4 million for an album which was full of 1940/1950's sounds. That's not a flop. Hurt went top #10 in 19 countries.

Bionic has flopped for a number of different reasons but as others have pointed out there is no evidence to suggest that the next album or her career in general is over. It's just wishful thinking from haters.

4 million 2006 was terrible. Especially as most of its sales would have came off the back of Stripped. And don't forget that Back to Black, a similar album released a year later from a British unknown singer, sold 12 million worldwide.

There is no evidence to suggest that her career is over. But, by that logic, there is no evidence to suggest that her career isn't over. It's just wishful thinking from fans.