Options

Anyone else get the tweet before the result!?

Seems to have been deleted now, but a tweet saying
So Britt has left the jungle... send us your comments and we'll read them live on ITV2!

Came a good 3 minutes before the result!
:mad:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who sent you the tweet?
  • Options
    dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    You should have put a cheeky bet on :p
  • Options
    ellie1997ellie1997 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who sent you the tweet?

The tweet came from the official twitter, it popped up just as the program was restarting, a good few minutes before the result. I thought I'd managed to pause my Sky+ box at first but I hadn't.

I replied and asked them why they had done that and the tweet promptly vanished and reappeared again seconds after the result.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellie1997 wrote: »
    The tweet came from the official twitter, it popped up just as the program was restarting, a good few minutes before the result. I thought I'd managed to pause my Sky+ box at first but I hadn't.

I replied and asked them why they had done that and the tweet promptly vanished and reappeared again seconds after the result.

LOL, I bet that someone is in trouble!!!
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the time difference for when they air the programme to it actually happening
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Since it's live, there's going to be a second or two delay for the encode/decode plus the transmission delay. I'm no expert but I'd guess no more than a few seconds.
  • Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodgygeeza wrote: »
    Since it's live, there's going to be a second or two delay for the encode/decode plus the transmission delay. I'm no expert but I'd guess no more than a few seconds.

Somebody swore on the live part of the show and got bleeped the other night, so there's definitely a short delay.
  • Options
    squillionsquillion Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its no mystery...
    The results will come in to the producion team 5 mins before A & D announce them on the show...they then have to write/ type them on a card & run them down to A & D to announce. I suspect they prepared the tweet ready to send at the same time but hit the send button a bit too early.
  • Options
    annies1annies1 Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who sent you the tweet?

The official Twitter Celeb site. I saw it too... I also follow Luke Marsden :o from BB9 (I think) and he retweeted it asking them if it was a spoiler!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    I believe Ant & Dec announce the results to the camp during the ad break (before their announcement is aired).

I may be wrong, but I don't believe the 'LIVE' text and time has been on the screen ever since they have been announcing who is leaving camp.

This would also give Ant & Dec time to get back to the studio; and give the contestant time to say goodbye/get to the studio etc.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodgygeeza wrote: »

I thought it was no longer allowed to be shown live since Lydon called the gbp f***ing c**ts a few years back.
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It happened a lot during BB11. Very frustrating especially after avoiding the crowd spoilers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I thought it was no longer allowed to be shown live since Lydon called the gbp f***ing c**ts a few years back.
    There was a question a viewer sent into the ITV2 show sometime last week, Joe asked one of the production team on their behalf if it really was live and they said yes, that's why it says ive in the corner of the screen. I must've missed that Lydon incident haha. Weird because I did watch that year :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The spinning 'LIVE' sign in the corner is there throughout the show, except for when they say the result. I guess when we go to a break, they announce the result. Maybe it takes a while for them to get to the place they need to go to exit or something, i'm not sure, but after the persons best bits and it goes to the celebrity walking down the bridge the spinning 'LIVE' sign reappears again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    If you watch the show with ITV HD, there's about a 1-2 minute delay compared to regular ITV and 'freeview' channels. Maybe that was the reason?
  • Options
    babinabababinaba Posts: 5,447
    Forum Member
    better than Big Bro if it's only 3/4 mins - Big Bro had at least 15-20 mins delay on it