Options

Ebook reader client

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
Forum Member
✭✭
Can anybody help, is there. Ebook reader client at can be used on the etouch tablet. I'm have no luck finding any.
Many thanks for any help

Comments

• Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the Kindle app not work ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but i have a selection of books in the epub format and it would be easier to use them. I have tried to convert and put on the Kindle but cant seem to put them on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    bewitched wrote: »
    Yes but i have a selection of books in the epub format and it would be easier to use them. I have tried to convert and put on the Kindle but cant seem to put them on.

Then try Calibre

http://calibre-ebook.com/
  • Options
    Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    home_alone wrote: »

Agree best bit of software for ereaders,easy to use.
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toby53 wrote: »
    Agree best bit of software for ereaders,easy to use.

I keep reading that Calibre is easy to use - but when I tried it shortly after getting my Kindle I did not get on with it at all. I'll give it another go one day.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you configure it well, you do not have to do more than drag&drop the files on it, select them and press convert. You can even let the files be sent wirelessly to your Kindle. I had a newspaper downloaded, converted and delivered over wi-fi for a couple of days. It works nicely, but I did not have time to read it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks I'll give it ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    I cant get calbre to work for me at all :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kedece wrote: »
    I cant get calbre to work for me at all :(

What is not working? It asks you in wizard mode which reader you are using and that's about it. Then you can add books in various formats, you can edit metadata and the files can be converted to other formats, the big ones being MOBI for Kindle and EPUB for everything else.
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth pointing out that if people have bought ePub books, they probably have DRM in them and Calibre won't automatically convert DRM'd books.
  • Options
    weateallthepiesweateallthepies Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aldiko can view epubs, the latest paid version can deal with drm as well. You might be able to install it directly if you can find the apk file.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, DRM is a problem, it has to go before the file can be converted. Use google to find a solution for this ;)