Options

AC/DC Bon Scott or Brian Johnson

bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
Forum Member
✭✭
Which era of DC do you prefer. myself is 60-40 to the Bon Scott era. Brians voice can get tiring at times but the music still rocks.

Comments

• Options
    Blood101Blood101 Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Probably about the same as you to be honest, I liked Bon Scotts voice so full of character.. although I think Brians voice is good too.... :)

Stephen
  • Options
    Conall CearnachConall Cearnach Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bon Scott all the way. He didn't become tired (for obvious reasons) the way Brian has and every album of his has an energy about it. Really Brian's and the band's albums weren't up to much after For Those About To Rock. There's the odd good track here and there but nothing can match the solid gold of Bon era Dirty Deeds, Powerage and Highway To Hell.
  • Options
    TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bon Scott all the way. He didn't become tired (for obvious reasons) the way Brian has and every album of his has an energy about it. Really Brian's and the band's albums weren't up to much after For Those About To Rock. There's the odd good track here and there but nothing can match the solid gold of Bon era Dirty Deeds, Powerage and Highway To Hell.

The Razors Edge was a return to form in 1990 but the albums since have been OK though I agree they don't match the earlier albums.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ooohhhh i love em both :D
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bon Scott!
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bon Scott for me, I've always felt Powerage was their finest album.

In saying that, though, if they do tour next year, and there is a strong rumour they will, I'll still be there! LOL
  • Options
    Chris_ChampionChris_Champion Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Got into them in the Bon Scott era so will go for him but do love Brian especially as i was a member of the Geordie fan club when i was 10 and amazed when he joined them
  • Options
    BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't really aware of them until the 80s really but can see that Bon will always win these kind of discussions and I suspect Brian would agree.

They are still one of the best live acts of all time though, although at their age, you would expect Brians' vocals to be on the wane a little!
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bon Scott.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh this one is very difficult.

Love Bon for the cheeky sly tracks. Big Balls:D

Brian has the power voice, Thunder etc. Oh I own a Georgie single, very Slade like it was too.

Bon!
  • Options
    tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Bon all the way. Hell of a voice. Stopped listening to AC/DC beyond "Fly on the wall" awfull album.
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bon Scott.