***SPOILER THREAD*** Saturday 2nd November!

Comments

• Kate_GillKate_Gill Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I thought Ben was actually very good.

I didnt say he was bad, just that Kristina seems to be relying on his body to pull in votes. Its not needed and this routine and his samba one where he had his top off detracted in my opinion of his dancing. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good job I have faith, after Widdy etc, that these joke dancers ( not to denigrate Dave- I like him on Hairy Bikers and he came across a pretty nice guy in the beginning) that Strictly voters never get it too wrong. Since Chris Parker narrowly got beaten by Natashe Kaplinsky all the finalists could dance to a reasonable degree of technique and finesse.
    Unfortunately even Daves' nearest and Dearest must admit that musicality-wise he just doesn't connect. I feel for him, I have two left feet, but enough.

I'm more gutted and completely shocked that Abby was in the bottom two..
  • dd23dd23 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    Anton

If it's his fans who are keeping them in what would would happen if he ever got someone who had a significant fanbase of their own?
  • Tennis-dancerTennis-dancer Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Poor Rachel, still she didn't do so well in previous weeks and maybe now reaped that. Poor Abbey, that is a shocker. Thanks for the spoiler.
  • jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i had a massive hunch that Abbey would have been in the dance off this week due to the fact of the 3 way tie on the leaderboard, her dance although competent wasn't her best and was a little lacklustre

A little stats fact though.. Last year it was also week 6 when Kimberley fell into the dance off after being 2nd on the leaderboard with also the same score as Abbey tonight (34)

Hopefully this won't knock her confidence too much and i cant see Abbey being knocked out in the dance off against anyone else bar Natalie or maybe Sophie if it was a ballroom and Abbey had a fast latin
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Mrs F wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we've had a second place celeb in the dance off, only cant remember who...

waiting for monkseal as well

Kimberley Walsh last year was a bit of a shock, and of course Gabby-Penny-Matt in 2007.
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Final Overall Leaderboard
    1. Natalie and Artem: 38
    2. Abbey and Aljaz: 34
    =. Patrick and Anya: 34
    =. Susanna and Kein: 34
    5. Ashley and Ola: 33
    6. Ben and Kristina: 32
    7. Rachel and Pasha: 30
    8. Fiona and Anton: 28
    =. Sophie and Brendan: 28
    10. Mark and Iveta: 25
    11. Dave and Karen: 19

So Abbey must have finished bottom of the public vote.

OK where are the mathematicians....awaits cwickham
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    SPOILER IS IN THANKS TO KELLY

DANCE OFF ABBEY AND RACHEL

OUT RACHEL.

POSTING 22.21 on my iPad.

Abbey? What??? OMG what a shock!
    Thank you. Bit of a shocker. Can't believe Dave's still in.

Grrr the real horror
  • Judge DreadJudge Dread Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It shows that Sophie has a loyal following despite being 3rd bottom with the judges. She's dodged a bullet - a new week and a new dance awaits!
  • Phebes4361Phebes4361 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Seriously in the dance off????

Thought she was up there with Natalie!!
    I don't like Natalie-

But Abby 1
    Patrick 2
    BEN/Sophie

I did vote for Dave cos it's fun.. But to lose Abby
    Would have been a shocker!!
    Rachel was never going to go far. And Abbie out classed her
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Rachel Stevens landed in the Bottom 2 in Series 6 relatively early (Week 7 or 8 against Heather Small, I think), and still made it to second place, so this isn't neccessarily the kiss of death for Abbey.

Kimberley & Pasha were Bottom Twoed against Fern & Artem a week on from this last year, and she also made third/ second (damn you BBC for never splitting the final results down to individual positions!)
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abbey and Rachel what could anyone not like about the stunning looking Girls that performed well tonight that would not get them votes. Was it the Dancing I don't think so perhaps it was the other. All this nonsense about not connecting with them is a lot of rubbish imo. The British public are so predictable at times it is the same thing over and over with shows where the public vote.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate_Gill wrote: »
    I didnt say he was bad, just that Kristina seems to be relying on his body to pull in votes. Its not needed and this routine and his samba one where he had his top off detracted in my opinion of his dancing. :)

It's a paso. :confused: Anyone with a half decent body gets their top off. :confused:

I'd have a problem in the VW but not the paso and it's the first time he's gone topless. Ashley has too so I don't get the fuss. :confused:
  • fawkesfawkes Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Goodness me this thread moves fast!

Thanks very much for the spoiler, night all.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs F wrote: »
    OK where are the mathematicians....awaits cwickham

Well, the most simple thing it means is that Abbey must have been bottom of the public vote, and is definitely the least popular celebrity going forward. As I said above, just as when Kimberley fell into the dance-off this time last year.

Let's say Abbey was indeed bottom with the public - she had 10 points from judges and 1 from public, so a total of 11. Dave with four points from the judges needs at least seven points from the public to equal her and get out of jail, so he's at least fifth, then Mark with one more point at least sixth, and so on and so forth. The higher up the leaderboard each celeb was, the more likely it is they were near the bottom of the public vote to get this result.
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek: Bloody hell - I am utterly gobsmacked with the bottom two! Poor Rachel - she had improved.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To those complaining about the judges points. It's done that way BECAUSE they want the public vote to mean something. WE may not want Dave to carry on BUT obviously more people do than wanted Rachel or Abbey or Deborah or Patrick or Julien or Tony. WE may not agree but the public vote has to be respected
  • angel103angel103 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Thank-you Sara! Bit of a shocker but Rachel was never going to win. I'll miss Pasha though.
  • AmyokllewAmyokllew Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    natalian wrote: »
    I could just as easily say "for people who want to see a viennese waltz you tube it was nothing resembled to Natalie"

Yes I agree. Awful best VW was Brendon's with Lisa snow den to bed of nails
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the spoiler. I'm completely shocked at the dance-off. Definitely not expecting Abbey to be there even though I voted for her. To be the least popular in the public vote is really surprising; I think she is such a lovely person and a great dancer. Was hoping that Dave would've left. There wasn't even anything gimmicky in his routine tonight that I'm shocked people who think his performances are funny and entertaining still picked up the phone.
  • CAT5CAT5 Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole show is going to burn itself out if it's not careful! What with the ludicrous voting and the appalling BF - long time fan of the show, but these last two weeks have been boring, frustrating & unbelievable... Can't watch Dave anymore... Can't even watch Hairy Bikers & I've always loved that too... Let him go people - he's being humiliated...
    Awful result again - poor Abbey :(
  • LizRheaLizRhea Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    EVERYONE else outvoted Abbey. That's going to really knock her confidence. I hope she doesn't realise how low her vote must be

Could it have been more that people DIDN'T vote for her as they thought she was safe?

I voted for folks in the middle who I wanted to see in next week: Ben., Patrick, Ashley (can you see a pattern here?)

It ought to be Dave, Fiona and Mark out next but will they go?

We will see!
  • SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok. That result is ludicrous. Abbey was shafted by the scoring because everyone else was overscored except her. Got her usual 34 which is good enough for joint 2nd (which would have been her sole second placement if not for grading on a massive monumental curve). And because it was her usual, no one took mind to vote. I'm going all in on Abbey from this moment forward.

I'm putting little Marie Laveau voodoo hexes on all the lost souls voting for Patrick. :mad:
  • SkyBluePinkSkyBluePink Posts: 2,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    SPOILER IS IN THANKS TO KELLY

DANCE OFF ABBEY AND RACHEL

OUT RACHEL.

POSTING 22.21 on my iPad.

Thanks Kelly and Sara, that's a surprise, didn't think either of them would be in the dance off.
  • ErinfanErinfan Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Shocked about Abbey and curious to see whether this will really knock her confidence. Hope not.