Options

Past contestants who should be there

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
Forum Member
Just wondered why gaynor Faye who won series one and Laura Hamilton are not on, were they not asked or too busy, anyone know? And also it's a pity Chris fountain couldn't of had the opportunity to redeem himself, as him and Frankie were one of the best partnerships ever IMO

Comments

• Options
    Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I read Laura is pregnant, I loved her shame she didn't win. I imagine Gaynor and Matthew are busy on Emmerdale and perhaps can't get time off?
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp312 wrote: »
    Just wondered why gaynor Faye who won series one and Laura Hamilton are not on, were they not asked or too busy, anyone know? And also it's a pity Chris fountain couldn't of had the opportunity to redeem himself, as him and Frankie were one of the best partnerships ever IMO

Laura Hamilton and Chris Fountain were fantastic. I loved Chris and Frankie.
  • Options
    chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member

Matthew Wolfenden is the other past winner who's missing. Does anyone know why?
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chico or Vanilla Ice for the entertainment value (instead of Todd and Joe) Also Clare Buckfield, she was a runner up. Maybe she turned it down :confused:
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member

Gaynor Faye would be weaker than anyone but Joe and Todd and much weaker than Bonnie. From the early series Bonnie, Suzanne and Kyran are also the ones who kept on skating. Clare is the obvious missing talent there. Laura's just had a baby. Chris is the obvious male contender missing, but clearly he, or ITV, don't want that to happen.
  • Options
    Hannah49Hannah49 Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I would of loved for Matthew Wolfenden to been on again.

Jamesp312 - Laura Hamilton had her baby (a boy) on 13th November 2013, probably too soon for her.
  • Options
    Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew Wolfenden is the other past winner who's missing. Does anyone know why?

I would imagine, he is busy with Emmerdale and maybe unable to get time off?
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also thought Donal McIntyre was pretty good when he took part (I believe he finished in the top three of his series if I remember correctly?).

Also, for the comedy element they could have had Keith Chegwin?
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah49 wrote: »
    Jamesp312 - Laura Hamilton had her baby (a boy) on 13th November 2013, probably too soon for her.

Awww how lovely :)

Missing Chris Fountain the most. Surprised Matt Lapinskas isn't there, I always got the impression he was a big favourite of Chris and the judges.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Chris Fountain but sadly ITV would never of allowed it.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donal and Clare Buckfield are the two I really miss.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Donal and Clare Buckfield are the two I really miss.

I actually preferred Clare over Kyran.
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clare Buckfield, Laura Hamilton, Jessica Taylor, Matthew Wolfenden, Matt Lapinskas and Chris Fountain.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually preferred Clare over Kyran.

So did I. I think she's the best woman celeb they've ever had.

Also missing Matt Lapinskas, Chloe Madeley and Zoe Salmon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clare, for sure.
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    So did I. I think she's the best woman celeb they've ever had.

Also missing Matt Lapinskas, Chloe Madeley and Zoe Salmon.

Quite glad those three are missing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    Clare Buckfield, Laura Hamilton, Jessica Taylor, Matthew Wolfenden, Matt Lapinskas and Chris Fountain.

Would have been good to see Matthew Wolfenden and Chris, always liked them on DOI and even threw them a few votes. But cant stand either of them as the soap characters.
  • Options
    celebmaniacelebmania Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally77 wrote: »
    I think I read Laura is pregnant, I loved her shame she didn't win. I imagine Gaynor and Matthew are busy on Emmerdale and perhaps can't get time off?

Laura is signed up to do C4 show The Jump (or The Winter Games). She's been on twitter about it saying she's in training
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinitta. She could've been really good, unfortunately a difficult move was thrusted upon her in the first week!
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Chico or Vanilla Ice for the entertainment value (instead of Todd and Joe) Also Clare Buckfield, she was a runner up. Maybe she turned it down :confused:

I would have loved to have seen Vanilla Ice back. I found him very entertaining and he was actually pretty good. Not only that, he was extremely likable and charismatic and came across as a really nice, genuine guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Vanilla Ice and Chico were surprisingly good. I thought Chico was going to be a joke but was very pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matty Lapinskas
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would definitely have preferred Gareth Thomas over Gareth Gates - he was robbed of a place in the final last year by the stupid flying so would have been nice for him to get a 2nd bite at the cherry.
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claire Buckfield, Duncan James, Zoe Salmon, Chloe Madeley, Jeff Brazier, Chico, Jennifer Ellison, Matt Lapinskas.

That's my picks anyway.
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    Claire Buckfield, Duncan James, Zoe Salmon, Chloe Madeley, Jeff Brazier, Chico, Jennifer Ellison, Matt Lapinskas.

That's my picks anyway.

I thought Jeff Brazier came across as rather smug when he took part. Even though he was a pretty good skater I found him rather annoying and was glad to see the back of him.