Jim Davidson has NOT changed!

18910111214»

Comments

• AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flower Pot wrote: »
    yes, the dda has been in existence since 1995 and it happened in 2003.

my post isnt refrerring to his character, ive actually said in a previous post elsewhere that i believe he has a good heart. i know hes done a lot for disabled soldiers and thats why i said in the post following this one you quoted that i believe it was the reason behind him cancelling the show.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=71112562#post71112562

Hi, thanks for that. I honestly did not know when the act came in and was genuinely curious. I can see his reasons, but I also can see how difficult it is if you are in a wheelchair and want to go to the theatre. Especially Victorian theatres which are not disabled friendly.

As others have said, if he had picked on the front two rows and they were disabled, he would have been crucified. Personally I am surprised at what he has done for charity, without publicity. I never knew before watching the show and entering the forum that he founded the British Forces Foundation, despite having two husbands and a son that have served in the Forces.

Good luck with your preferred HM.
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    They are used in the same way: to denigrate a group of posters as one amorphous lump in an inflammatory way. I'd argue "brigade" is even worse actually since there are actually "haters" in the true sense that some people do feel hate for a HM. There can be correct uses of it in the right context, however it's banned because it's often antagonistic.

But there is not nor has there ever been "a brigade" on here. It is only ever used in a derogatory way.

For the avoidance of doubt to anyone interested, this is from the Forum Rules

2.9 - Respect

While you are of course welcome to disagree with other members, we will not tolerate posts which insult, belittle, bait or otherwise antagonise forum members. This includes posts which disrespectfully label others posters as 'fanboys', 'haters' or similar
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Already I dislike the winner
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Yes but it does not stop him winning. British people have no sense.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because he is American and he was asked the difference between racism in the UK and USA and suggesting that racism in the UK is a minor problem compared to the USA.

WTF, he was being interviewed, are you saying he isn't allowed to be interviewed?

No he is American, so the whole of this paragraph is just a figment of your warped racist/colour prejudiced imagination.

Now which bit was it that proves your point?

Jim to win.

I'm aware he was born in America but was under the impression that he has been a British citizen for quite some time. OK ill accept my mistake but disliking someone's style of comedy doesn't give you the right to call me racist and colour prejudiced. I'll just ignore your blatant flounting of forum rules on this occasion.

Anyway the best man won in the end so I'm happy. Who cares what some people on here think of him. The public obviously love him.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rudeboy001 wrote: »
    If someone gets a bit of chocolate on his face and starts using a mock Jamaican accent because of it THAT IS RACIST!
    CH5 producers knew it hence why it wasn't on the HL show and the video removed.

You mean this:-

http://www.bigbroweb.co.uk/celebrity-bigbrother2014/day-25-jim-face-plants-a-chocolate-cake.aspx

Where exactly was the Jamaican accent then:confused::confused:
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim doesn't need to change, he is already a great bloke.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    fantasia wrote: »
    Yes but it does not stop him winning. British people have no sense.

He won. He is truely love by many. Get over it.
    Forum Member

:o:o So funny.
  • johnny_dolejohnny_dole Posts: 2,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes jim still acts the same but what this show has done is to show a side of jim we hadnt seen ie the kind caring side it just goes to show that people can be redeemed its how you behave thats important, - this gives me hope for my own future so am thankful for that at least
    Forum Member
    Jim doesn't need to change, he is already a great bloke.

Well said.
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are used in the same way: to denigrate a group of posters as one amorphous lump in an inflammatory way. I'd argue "brigade" is even worse actually since there are actually "haters" in the true sense that some people do feel hate for a HM. There can be correct uses of it in the right context, however it's banned because it's often antagonistic.

But there is not nor has there ever been "a brigade" on here. It is only ever used in a derogatory way.

Josie had way more support on here than Linda, she won the whole show after all. Linda had hardly no fans and just a few people arguing against a tidal wave of negativity. Balance matters a lot.

So are you saying because Linda had very few fans (a situation brought about by her own behaviour I have to say) that she's not allowed to be criticised?
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the avoidance of doubt to anyone interested, this is from the Forum Rules

2.9 - Respect

While you are of course welcome to disagree with other members, we will not tolerate posts which insult, belittle, bait or otherwise antagonise forum members. This includes posts which disrespectfully label others posters as 'fanboys', 'haters' or similar

Sadly in some cases you only need to disagree with them to antagonise them :(
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim was a worthy winner. He is popular, a great bloke, we love him and his humour since he first hit stardom.
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly in some cases you only need to disagree with them to antagonise them :(

Best not to give those types the oxygen of attention IMHO. :)
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Davidson has NOT changed!

And that's brilliant. Why does he need to change? Why should he succumb to the desire of some sections of society to force everyone down to the same level of homogenous, grey, lifeless, ultra-pc blanditie devoid of any personality or opinion such that they may never say anything interesting enough to ever cause anyone to even think, never mind be offfended.

The freedom that allows Jim to be Jim is the same freedom that allows you to not like Jim, so don't push too hard to revoke that freedom as it will only hurt us all.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    And that's brilliant. Why does he need to change? Why should he succumb to the desire of some sections of society to force everyone down to the same level of homogenous, grey, lifeless, ultra-pc blanditie devoid of any personality or opinion such that they may never say anything interesting enough to ever cause anyone to even think, never mind be offfended.

The freedom that allows Jim to be Jim is the same freedom that allows you to not like Jim, so don't push too hard to revoke that freedom as it will only hurt us all.

What an excellent post
  • Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to wonder if someone people are confusing offense with discrimination. I've never been a great fan of Jim's humour but I have seen no evidence to suggest to me that away from the stage he is anything but a decent person.

His situation with Linda obviously comes from Linda and not Jim. My belief is that Linda blames Jim for something that is associated with her husband's theft conviction and looks for other wyas to justify her anger, like quoting an incident in the wings of a stage where Jim was 'vile'. That was 40 years ago! I don't really believe that Linda does still hate Jim fr that but uses it as justification to continue behaving in a hateful way.

After Linda left, everyone started getting along much better and Jim was allowed to be amusing and irreverant and slightly 'not-PC'. If you're offended then switch off/over. Jim has the right to offend people. It's not illegal. Eveyone has the right to have an opinion on his humour but that doesn't mean anyone can insist that there are consequences from it other than reduced ticket sales. And obviously, the majority of the public disagree with the negative posters about that.

To those who think he kapt up an act for a month inside the house - that is just blindly ignoring the fact that no-one has ever kept up an act in the house for more than a few days. Even professional actors haven't been able to do it for more than a week in there when they've been inserted. But, just because it is impossible to fathom how anyone could act for a month when their real character is so much worse and 2 miloin people are all watching for some sign of it - don't let that disuade you from your claim.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good post.
  • Ron_AndrewsRon_Andrews Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Good post.

Well no it wasn't because he is just being extremist, Jims revision in his characters flaws is done no favours with this kind of silliness.
  • mevilhoneymevilhoney Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dictamus wrote: »
    His real feelings have been leaking out just about the whole time.

Like he said to Luisa, if you can fake sincerity, you've got it made".No he hasn't changed.

I thought that was Bob Monkhouse joke. Monkhouse is the patron saint of slick pre-PC comic turned gameshow host/hatefigure Reckon Jim Davidson`s going to be similarly `rehabilitated` and good thing too.
  • MithMarrMithMarr Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very well said :)
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    So are you saying because Linda had very few fans (a situation brought about by her own behaviour I have to say) that she's not allowed to be criticised?

No. I'm saying that if Housemate A has 50% of a forum praising and 50% posting critical, unfair, unpleasant or unkind remarks this is at least balanced. DS is not as hostile and depressing a forum to post on as when Housemate B has 0% praise, 10% support, 40% valid criticism and 50% unkind, unfair, or unpleasant remarks.

I have no issue with valid criticism. There was also plenty of that re Linda.