Artist who've grown the most with each album

2»

Comments

• Options
    daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    Arctic Monkeys/Alex Turner has to have a mention. In 8 years we've had 5 Arctic Monkeys albums a Last Shadow Puppets album and a solo EP and all have been dramatically different. When you compare their first album to their last there's been a huge growth.

Definitely agree with this, each album has been different yet they still manage to keep 'their sound' so everything they release is still identifiable as a Monkeys record. The Difference between Whatever People Say I Am... and AM is massive in music, lyrics and production.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,963
    Forum Member
    Definitely agree with this, each album has been different yet they still manage to keep 'their sound' so everything they release is still identifiable as a Monkeys record. The Difference between Whatever People Say I Am... and AM is massive in music, lyrics and production.

If someone had told me while listening to their first album that one of the songs on their 5th album would sound like Dr Dre I'd have laughed in their face!
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls Aloud up until Tangled Up, Britney up until Blackout and Rihanna up until Rated R.
  • Options
    nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claire from Steps.
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a way ... Miley Cyrus.

I'll admit, I've only heard the singles rather than the albums, but when she first hit the pop scene she was singing her Hannah Montana style bubblegum pop with songs like 7 things and See You Again.

She then kinda matured a little into more generic pop with Party in the USA and The Climb.

Introduced a little bit of an edge with Cant Be Tamed.

And has now released her most successful album yet, and whilst controversial a lot of the time, you have to admit she is definitely not the Disney princess she once was.

Give it a couple of years and I guarantee we get a very mature 'Back to Basics' type album from her where she shows off her voice rather than ability to shock. (PS, I am in no way suggesting that her voice is as good as Christinas, I just mean it'll be more about the voice than the image).
  • Options
    dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Jam
  • Options
    mevilhoneymevilhoney Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree, I think The Beatles are the pinnacle of this.
    They managed to fit what would be a lifelong career for most people between the years of 1963 to 1970.

David Bowie has to be a close second. Going from Anthony Newley pop/almost novelty psychedlia to Ziggy Stardust in,what,7 years. Only problem is his first three albums were not big hits. The Beatles hit straight from the off and did what they did in the midst of constant huge fame.. After stardom though Bowie still progressed from
    Aladdin Sane to Let`s Dance in less than a decade--now that`s change!!
  • Options
    mevilhoneymevilhoney Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doffer wrote: »
    The Jam

I think you mean Paul Weller as a member of the Jam and then as a solo artist,then good call. But the Jam as album artists went from pilfering Pete Townsend and Mod to pilfering Motown and the Beatles. Pretty much why Weller left,well not left--ended the band,as he was a pretty important member.