Options

14 year old 'flaunts' her 'womanly curves' in Daily Mail

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't read the crappy newspaper that this story has come from

yes I was guessing as to wether she eats properly or wether she is to Told stuff by other people but she just doesn't look healthy at all & it's scary to think people in a few years will probably tell her she needs to lose weight or possibly have surgery to get far in the industry

Well I'd say you are their demographic then.

Any word and what drug she will overdose on?
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    She didn't label herself as "flaunting her womanly curves" though did she? The Daily Mail did.

Which leads me back to earlier point - no piccies, no story!
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    She just looks a little too skinny for me but it might be also because she is very pale - a little colour to her & she will probably look a lot healthier

Hmm, well having pale skin does not mean she is unhealthy either :p
  • Options
    terry66532terry66532 Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    media need to kick up a fuss about this just like how the daily mail does , where is melanie phillips -- does she have any opinions on this?
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Anyone get the feeling the media are just playing with us with stories like this, almost like they realise the irony, but print it anyway to stir up discussion or to taunt people? Just seems like the Mail are trolling us to be quite honest :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which leads me back to earlier point - no piccies, no story!

It could have been a totally different story with the same pictures and different words.
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen more womanly curves on a twiglet!:eek:

You want to see womanly curves on a fourteen year-old?
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Anyone get the feeling the media are just playing with us with stories like this, almost like they realise the irony, but print it anyway to stir up discussion or to taunt people? Just seems like the Mail are trolling us to be quite honest :D
    It does feel like that doesn't it? One minute the DM journalists are frothing at the mouth to tell us all about Savile etc allegedly abusing underage girls and the next they're printing photos of a 14 year old girl and going on about her flaunting her 'curves'.
    Bizarre.
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'd say you are their demographic then.

Any word and what drug she will overdose on?

Your sarcasm probably:rolleyes:
  • Options
    thapthapthapthap Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the actual title of this article should be.
    "all grown up! - we hate King Jimmy but were just as bad check out this sexy child phwoar!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    You want to see womanly curves on a fourteen year-old?

When I wrote that I only saw the pic I didn't look at her age :o
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh how I do love the regular "I-don't-read-the-Daily-Mail-but-I-love-to-scour-their-website-for-stories-to-get-me-all-angry-and-which-I-can-start-a-DS-thread-about" threads on DS. :D
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunch of pervs!
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I wrote that I only saw the pic I didn't look at her age :o

And you also managed not to notice that her age was the first three words of the thread title?

Yeah, right.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    It could have been a totally different story with the same pictures and different words.

Exactly - it could have said 'Elle at a Hallowe'en Party' and we'd probably have thought nothing of it. But the journalist used provocative words - ' flaunted' 'seems demure', the slit in the dress. Talk about sexualising her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh how I do love the regular "I-don't-read-the-Daily-Mail-but-I-love-to-scour-their-website-for-stories-to-get-me-all-angry-and-which-I-can-start-a-DS-thread-about" threads on DS. :D

I didn't scour, I saw it on Twitter and thought I'd bring it to people's attention but if you don't like it, then don't click on it, the subject matter was pretty obvious from the title.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only print stories of that type is because people buy the paper and read them.

Following that, one has to ask who exactly buys the DM to read these stories, there must be someone out there and also many thousands of you, come on own up.and the reasons why you but and read the DM as opposed to another tabloid.

Fact — Official ABC figures show that apart from The Sun, the DM out performs every other national newspaper. This also applies to The Sun on Sunday and the Sunday Mail

Source — http://www.brandrepublic.com/wide/1131457/National-newspaper-ABC-figures-April-2012/

The DM is ridiculed on about everything they print on DS but looking at those figures compared to other papers the DM and SM are doing very well so while the public as a whole appear happy and they maintain their percentage of readers compared to other papers they will print these stories. They are in the business to make money.

Note: — I am not a DM or SM reader.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    It's the language the DM uses, they must have read the 'tittilation dictionary quite thoroughly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    I didn't scour, I saw it on Twitter and thought I'd bring it to people's attention but if you don't like it, then don't click on it, the subject matter was pretty obvious from the title.

I didn't say I didn't like it. I love it! The idea of people who hate the Daily Mail starting a thread about one of their stories, and therefore ensuring more people are directed to their website, is most amusing to me! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    The only print stories of that type is because people buy the paper and read them.

Following that, one has to ask who exactly buys the DM to read these stories, there must be someone out there and also many thousands of you, come on own up.and the reasons why you but and read the DM as opposed to another tabloid.

Fact — Official ABC figures show that apart from The Sun, the DM out performs every other national newspaper. This also applies to The Sun on Sunday and the Sunday Mail

Source — http://www.brandrepublic.com/wide/1131457/National-newspaper-ABC-figures-April-2012/

The DM is ridiculed on about everything they print on DS but looking at those figures compared to other papers the DM and SM are doing very well so while the public as a whole appear happy and they maintain their percentage of readers compared to other papers they will print these stories. They are in the business to make money.

Note: — I am not a DM or SM reader.

They tend not to print these stories, they are Mail Online fodder. Also a very popular website.

I guess quite a lot of people like reading about sexualised under age girls, but I just think they should stop the Savile/BBC hate stories as the two don't sit well together.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't say I didn't like it. I love it! The idea of people who hate the Daily Mail starting a thread about one of their stories, and therefore ensuring more people are directed to their website, is most amusing to me! :D

Not the best thing to admit to loving these days. Admiring a 14 year old's womanly curves is a 1970s thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    Not the best thing to admit to loving these days. Admiring a 14 year old's womanly curves is a 1970s thing.

I wasn't talking about the 14 year old's curves, as you well know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    And you also managed not to notice that her age was the first three words of the thread title?

Yeah, right.

Go lay down for a bit it seems this thread has brought your moody self out today ;)
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were having a go at her.:confused:

Didn't pick up much approval for her posing, the dress, curves or anything. Just having a go at a fourteen year old for dressing inappropriately.
  • Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, people shouldn't read anything other than stuff they agree with. Laugh at those who get the contentious stories out into the wider public domain I say.

I'm glad, actually that the OP's put this out there, because otherwise I might think that that excuse for a newspaper is worth a shit.