Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 7)

Comments

• GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Crikey, Musty - Jeff Hordley is 42, hardly in his dotage! :eek::D:D

And also runs marathons!!! I don't think he's quite past it yet. I think we see a lot more of his humanity than we did before, but he probably has to try harder to be aggressive, which is a result of life experience and maturity, not physical decline. Still I'm 38, so I guess oldies like Jeff and me have to stick together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EG21 wrote: »
    I couldn't stand Lacey Turner in EE! I thought she was totally overrated. I don't watch EE but if I ever saw glimpses of it she would be onscreen with that same snarling expression.

As for Emmerdale, I think there is a lot of strong actors/actresses capable of good performances. John Middleton being one of them. He is probably one of the most underrated actors even though, in my opinion, he gives consistently good performances, has great chemistry with other characters etc Laurel/Moira/Chas. His facial expressions say it all too and he has good comedy timing too.

I like John Middleton, it's just a shame that he hasn't had a good storyline lately.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ED is incredibly boring lately, so I have started counting the scenes where a Dingle does not appear. Very few and far between unfortunately.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis of emmerdale Character sponsored by Killjoy 2013 who has just joined us..

1) Belle - What exactly has she done that is so terrible, she went off with her friends instead of doing the huge amount of chores Lisa gave her, she took a few suggestive photo's which didn't sound that bad, yet Zak and Lisa are acting like she murdered someone had sex with every boy within 10 miles and kicked the dog, talk about taking things out of all proportion, she is acting like a normal teenager..

2) Lisa - when did she become such a hardfaced shrew, she wasn't sympathetic when Zak went mad, she tried to ruin Sam's love life she acts like her daughter is behaving like a raging **** rather than a normal 14 year old, hateful woman.

3) Zak - bit useless.

4) Gemma - Not the nicest friend to have.

5) Sean - Him Neither

6) Thomas nor him.

7) The Gormless Moron - can you shout a bit less please moron.

8) Cain - is talking to Chas again, behind dragon Debbie's back of course, still interested in Moira. Got shouted at by Bland Brenda.

9) Chas - is delighted that Cain is taking to her again, had a nice chat with Moira.

10 Moira - Wants to be alone and not have any men - she will thus undoubtably be shagging Cain by thursday.

11 Bernice had a 2 for 1 offer maybe she could give herself away.

12) Boring Bland Brenda shouted at Cain but was still boring and bland.

13) Sandy's booming voice was mistaken for an earthquake.

14) Ruby is one of the few nice people around, cares and shares.

No one else was interesting.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find where in the past I found Marlon slightly funny I know (after him and Laurel ruined Ashleys life) find him unbearable. He is such a pathetic, childish character.

As for Paddy :rolleyes: Dont get me started. He is jealous of Rhona and Vanessa's relationship even though he has a friend who betrayed him, had him arrested, is the cause of him temporarily loosing his vet's licence and stopped him from having the chance of a lifetime in New Zealand. All this and he goes on as if none of this happened and treats Vanessa like she is something he trod on.

Where is the Paddy who was so good to Aaron in those coming out scenes? He has been given the personality of a blithering idiot (alongside the gradual conversion to an idiot that is happening to Davids character).
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dubgaz wrote: »
    I find where in the past I found Marlon slightly funny I know (after him and Laurel ruined Ashleys life) find him unbearable. He is such a pathetic, childish character.

As for Paddy :rolleyes: Dont get me started. He is jealous of Rhona and Vanessa's relationship even though he has a friend who betrayed him, had him arrested, is the cause of him temporarily loosing his vet's licence and stopped him from having the chance of a lifetime in New Zealand. All this and he goes on as if none of this happened and treats Vanessa like she is something he trod on.

Where is the Paddy who was so good to Aaron in those coming out scenes? He has been given the personality of a blithering idiot (alongside the gradual conversion to an idiot that is happening to Davids character).

Sorry, I havent been watching enough to know, but has paddy lost his job permanently . I thought he was just suspended after hiting the policeman.
  • Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    [/B]

Sorry, I havent been watching enough to know, but has paddy lost his job permanently . I thought he was just suspended after hiting the policeman.

6 month supended - i think his due back at work next monthish
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6 month supended - i think his due back at work next monthish

I thought it was a year but I could be wrong, it has been known, hasn't it JR :o Back to last night, I know I keep zoning out at the moment but when Bob mentioned that something was different about Brenda, has anyone in real life said I have changed my deodorant, I mean come off FGS
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Not really paying attention, I really hate Belle's friend she can't act and don't get me started on her stupid hat. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Cain dancing to Debbie's tune is getting on my nerves. Children eh, who would have them :( That new vet is really irritating.

Ludicrous. Absolutely ludicrous. Instead of looking delighted by Cain's short (and surly) pickings she should have told him to sod off. That if he couldn't be open about speaking to her again then he shouldn't bother and just climb back under his daughter's thumb.
    ED is incredibly boring lately, so I have started counting the scenes where a Dingle does not appear. Very few and far between unfortunately.

That sounds like a good game! I might try it tonight.
    Or try the Dingle drinking game - every time one appears you have a shot. Would be mightily p!ssed by the end of the episode :D
    dubgaz wrote: »

I could not agree more re Paddy. Rhona has had to put up with so much from HIS best friend, a lot more than he's had to put up with from Vanessa.

When he started going on about 'Ninja Cats' on youtube I think I put my head in my hands. Pathetic. Just because he's lost his licence for 6 months doesn't mean he's lost his brain! FGS sort him out ED, he's too old now to be funny doing that. Bring back 'Bad Paddy'!
    tinkie wrote: »
    I thought it was a year but I could be wrong, it has been known, hasn't it JR :o Back to last night, I know I keep zoning out at the moment but when Bob mentioned that something was different about Brenda, has anyone in real life said I have changed my deodorant, I mean come off FGS

Not me! It's not something that would even enter my head. Why didn't they just allude to her slightly lighter hair or something? :rolleyes: Bloody deodorant. How stupid.

Though she DID redeem herself when she gave Cain what for about his attitude :cool::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Or try the Dingle drinking game - every time one appears you have a shot. Would be mightily p!ssed by the end of the episode :D

Not me! It's not something that would even enter my head. Why didn't they just allude to her slightly lighter hair or something? :rolleyes: Bloody deodorant. How stupid.

Though she DID redeem herself when she gave Cain what for about his attitude :cool::D

Sorry for snipping your post lotty

BIB1 I don't think I will risk it

BB2 Yes it was about time someone pulled him up about his manners, I have mentioned it in previous posts but for some reason a lot of characters don't show manners
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Crikey, Musty - Jeff Hordley is 42, hardly in his dotage! :eek::D:D
    Well I said the actor's older, not old O&J :D

I found tonight's episode fairly underwhelming. Belle's just another teenage 'rebel' trying to get her way. The trouble is, we've been there so many times before with other characters :yawn: 'It makes you look constipated' - spot-on Moira and it was nice to see an acknowledgement of Grumpy Bollocks' facial contortions in the dialogue :p King Leer bonding with that horrible oik in the baseball cap was wholly predictable. Elsewhere we had a painful scene with Moron and Paddy the giant baby-man. As a comedy double act they're about as funny as Hitler and Goering.

The show feels very stale, as if it's going round in circles. The amount of episodes being churned out each week doesn't help. It must be really hard coming up with anything new when every drop of soap fuel has been drained from the tank. That said, what's being served up in Emmerdale these days is incredibly tepid. I think I deserve a medal for sitting through another dose of tripe :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really, Lisa is going to take a day off work sick, that's unusual. Betty and Alan on cruise, when did that happen. Sandy was walking last week, so what's going on, it's a bit like when he was wetting the bed and unable to dress himself. Moron over acting as usual, just shut up. Jimmy tell Debbie to get out of your office and grow a pair.
    So the first place Lisa looks for Belle is the pub :eek: I really don't like Belles friend Gemma. Why do people keep walking into houses without knocking. Good for you Moira. Hilarious Paddy and Moron scenes, I don't think. Are they trying to re-invent Sean? Belle, acting the little Miss Perfect, hopefully wont work, we have all been there as teenagers, so us parents know these things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Ludicrous. Absolutely ludicrous. Instead of looking delighted by Cain's short (and surly) pickings she should have told him to sod off. That if he couldn't be open about speaking to her again then he shouldn't bother and just climb back under his daughter's thumb.

I could not agree more re Paddy. Rhona has had to put up with so much from HIS best friend, a lot more than he's had to put up with from Vanessa.

When he started going on about 'Ninja Cats' on youtube I think I put my head in my hands. Pathetic. Just because he's lost his licence for 6 months doesn't mean he's lost his brain! FGS sort him out ED, he's too old now to be funny doing that. Bring back 'Bad Paddy'!

I'm getting so annoyed with Paddy just now. I enjoyed tonight's episode apart from the Paddy and Marlon scenes. Can Paddy really not drill a whole in the wall without knocking everything over? Does he really think that he can go into a professional kitchen and start cooking? At the moment I'm surprised that he managed six years of primary school, never mind six years of university.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting so annoyed with Paddy just now. I enjoyed tonight's episode apart from the Paddy and Marlon scenes. Can Paddy really not drill a whole in the wall without knocking everything over? Does he really think that he can go into a professional kitchen and start cooking? At the moment I'm surprised that he managed six years of primary school, never mind six years of university.

Only just finished watching tonight's episode. I agree, the Paddy and Marlon scenes were very silly indeed. TPTB seem to have turned Paddy into an overgrown schoolboy over the past year or so, and Rhona and Vanessa's sole purpose appears to be to wind him up/emasculate him. It's just not funny. His suspension must be over soon - let's hope that means we get less of the silliness :rolleyes:
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well done to Nikhil and Gennie, no surprise there. I'm happy to see best comedy performance went to my fave, Charlie Hardwicke as Val. :cool:
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks! Not surprised at any of the winners really :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jude didnt win any awards - fluffys not going to be happy :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No awards for our beloved Dobbeh? She's been robbed :mad: :D

Does Zak still have to baseball or cricket bat that he used to smash Cain's skull? He should use it on his unruly daughter that would sort her out. :cool: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »

Does Zak still have to baseball or cricket bat that he used to smash Cain's skull? He should use it on his unruly daughter that would sort her out. :cool: :D

It could become a Dingle family tradition, passed down from generation to generation.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annoucing Kwynne's most annoying Character of the Moment, replacing cartoon Debbie who is mostly keeping a low profile and Katie who is missing in annoyance.

So Annoying Character of the Moment is Lisa Dingle, who is being utterly hateful at present and has been since she was horrible to Zak when he was mentally ill. She is a horrible harridan and is being an utterly despicable mother to Belle who as far as I can see is being a relatively normal teenager, she seems bent on driving away and alienating Belle by forever picking fault with her, so bog off harridan you are close to joining Katie, Aaron, Sean and other on my death list and I never thought I would have to say that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile I didn't know I was well off when Aaron was stinking up Emmerdale, I was happy when he left I thought I would never have to see aaron or his crap other real life half.

No however he seems to attempting to stink up the rest of Television, not only is he going to ruin Scott & Bailey which I liked he's now on Lightfields next week so I can't watch that either because that twerp is a leading character. How that actor ever got any more work is beyond me.

Shheessh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »

makes a change to her being on the rob :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Meanwhile I didn't know I was well off when Aaron was stinking up Emmerdale, I was happy when he left I thought I would never have to see aaron or his crap other real life half.

No however he seems to attempting to stink up the rest of Television, not only is he going to ruin Scott & Bailey which I liked he's now on Lightfields next week so I can't watch that either because that twerp is a leading character. How that actor ever got any more work is beyond me.

Shheessh.

:eek::eek:Jackson didnt want this :eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Annoucing Kwynne's most annoying Character of the Moment, replacing cartoon Debbie who is mostly keeping a low profile and Katie who is missing in annoyance.

So Annoying Character of the Moment is Lisa Dingle, who is being utterly hateful at present and has been since she was horrible to Zak when he was mentally ill. She is a horrible harridan and is being an utterly despicable mother to Belle who as far as I can see is being a relatively normal teenager, she seems bent on driving away and alienating Belle by forever picking fault with her, so bog off harridan you are close to joining Katie, Aaron, Sean and other on my death list and I never thought I would have to say that.

surprised you didnt mention maurel,you must be the only fan of maurel :eek::D:D
This discussion has been closed.