Was Mo the Cook? Why the upset?

bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wasn't really following who was doing the cooking up to now but noticed that Mo was very upset about the meal tonight. Was she annoyed that someone else was cooking? Had she even cooked? I don't know, But she seemed to take against Kian for some reason and I'm not sure what the story is.

All I got was that it was too oily but she had such a face on her I'm wondering if there is more to it? I'm a liking me some Kian at the moment. He's the fittest bloke in there IMO. Not a fan of Westlfe (I hasten to add) but he is the fella who is the most easy on the eye for me.

Comments

• kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to be following you around tonight.....honestly I'm not a stalker :D Perhaps we're the only two people awake ;)

Yes, I also noticed that she seemed a bit upset. She mentioned something to the effect that 'the camp' were happy for her to cook. Therefore I can only surmise now that the camps have merged, her role has been usurped and some kind of vote was taken to that effect.

I say give her back her cook role :D
  • super whitesuper white Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    I was only half watching so am happy to be corrected but I got the impression Laila was annoyed because Kian had cooked with oil without consulting everyone? And she doesn't like oil? I don't know.
    Forum Member
    kate03 wrote: »
    I seem to be following you around tonight.....honestly I'm not a stalker :D Perhaps we're the only two people awake ;)

I'm awake! Watching (ish) the cricket for my sins.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was only half watching so am happy to be corrected but I got the impression Laila was annoyed because Kian had cooked with oil without consulting everyone? And she doesn't like oil? I don't know.

Yep, that was my impression too.

BTW....was Kian a celeb on Masterchef? Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm awake! Watching (ish) the cricket for my sins.

Cheers....at least three of us are awake. :D
    Forum Member
    Cheers....at least three of us are awake. :D
    Far too late tho. Never mind eh?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far too late tho. Never mind eh?

If this was live feed of the old days, we'd bemoaning the sound of crickets :D
  • bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I say give her back her cook role :D

No worries. I have had a few glasses of wine tonight, only happens very occasionally these days. So I am more vocal (that's really not the right word) on the forum tonight than I usually am. I am far more of a lurker than a thread maker. Just glad I got a response really. Thanks!!!!!

I'd still like to know more about the whole cooking thing. I'm sure Mo is nice but she looked right grumpy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbnutnut wrote: »
    No worries. I have had a few glasses of wine tonight, only happens very occasionally these days. So I am more vocal (that's really not the right word) on the forum tonight than I usually am. I am far more of a lurker than a thread maker. Just glad I got a response really. Thanks!!!!!

I'd still like to know more about the whole cooking thing. I'm sure Mo is nice but she looked right grumpy.

Like you, I've had a couple of bacardis tonight after being floored with a chest infection. I shouldn't even be drinking, but I thought bugger it, I'm fed up feeling miserable. So now I have a mix of antibiotics and alcohol in my system that's making me a bit bold too :o

Och well.....live for the moment as they say :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for Mo looking grumpy?

I think she genuinely felt put out after being her own camp cook.

That's why I want to know if Kian was on Masterchef. If it was him, he did well on it. And if so, no wonder they'd all be put out, not just Mo. :eek:
  • bbnutnutbbnutnut Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for Mo looking grumpy?

I think she genuinely felt put out after being her own camp cook.

That's why I want to know if Kian was on Masterchef. If it was him, he did well on it. And if so, no wonder they'd all be put out, not just Mo. :eek:

No, he wasn't on Masterchef.
  • ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware Kian hasn't been on Masterchef. Mo was put out because he used more oil than usual and she doesn't like oily food. To be fair Kian did say that had she told him when he was cooking it he would have done her portion separately and boiled it rather than fry it.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quess when you just have that one big meal to look forward to all day, it's disappointing if it's not cooked well or the way you'd like it to be cooked. I think that's all it was really.

I didn't think there was anything personal in it eg. Mo having a go because someone else was doing the cooking - just Mo being hungry and not liking the look of what was served up.
  • amberprincessamberprincess Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    She looks displeased most of the time.
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she came across quite fair when she said, in the camp telegraph I think, that yes, she misses doing the cooking but she understands everyone wants to have a go so she's happy to stand back and let them have a go. Who knows if she was being sincere, lol, but she came across as very reasonable, IMO.

xx
  • Flo71Flo71 Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, she was more then fair, I can't cook and it wouldn't be fair to the others 'to give me a go' best cook should cook - as long as they want to. Perhaps they should have a cook off.
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kian said that if he had known Laila did not like oil he would have cooked another meal for her.

It was a bit unfair of Laila to moan about the food after it was cooked and make Kian and the others feel bad when she should have said something while they were cooking so they had a chance to do something about it.
  • Wise BadgerWise Badger Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if she doesn't like oil she's not going to get on with Vincent