Options

its a bit of a kick in the teeth

CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
Forum Member
✭✭✭
That Todd Carty and Joe Pasquale are in it when the likes of Chris Fountain and Matthew Wolfenden aren't.

They were much better skaters

Comments

• Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess they want the comedy element but I don;t think they need both Todd and Joe.

They were never going to have Chris Fountain but I would have loved Clare and Chico to be in it.
  • Options
    HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosya wrote: »
    That Todd Carty and Joe Pasquale are in it when the likes of Chris Fountain and Matthew Wolfenden aren't.

They were much better skaters

I'm a better skater!

But did they want to do it?
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem is we don't know who was invited back. Matthew and Chris may have been asked back (very unlikely Chris was, though).

I think Laura Hamilton got invited back but turned it down due to her new baby.
  • Options
    Arnostae's MumArnostae's Mum Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also not fair that 2 are going tonight and neither of those will be Todd :( The rest are all good skaters so someone good will go :(
  • Options
    blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you have inside info that they wanted to come back? If they didn't then it's hardly a kick in the teeth!
  • Options
    CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueabu wrote: »
    Yes, you have inside info that they wanted to come back? If they didn't then it's hardly a kick in the teeth!

Well as Matt won his series I cant see why he wouldnt
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cosya wrote: »
    Well as Matt won his series I cant see why he wouldnt

I personally wouldn't go back if I won. I wouldn't want my series or win tainted.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I'd rather Chloe or Chico be there in place of Joe.

Todd was probably needed for the comedy element, but Joe wasn't particularly very memorable. If they'd wanted another older male, I'm sure Keith Chegwin wouldn't have turned them down and he seemed to really improve last year.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Why the hell did they have to invite Bonnie Langford?>:(
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    I don't know much about what celebrities are up to, so why wouldn't Chris Fountain have been asked?
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOUNDS to me. that the better ones did not or could not do the shows.. resulting in a pick of the shit left.. and the desperate one are on it. total farce.. and boring..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    I don't know much about what celebrities are up to, so why wouldn't Chris Fountain have been asked?

He was sacked by ITV / Corrie due to a inappropriate rap. This is an ITV show so they couldn't be seen to be back tracking,
  • Options
    caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An inappropriate rap. Is there such a thing?
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    He was sacked by ITV / Corrie due to a inappropriate rap. This is an ITV show so they couldn't be seen to be back tracking,

Ah thanks, I did wonder what he had done.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member

Because she's one of their top 6 ever performers, and the people who beat her in series one were too relatively dire to show again.

Tonight, she proved she can do everything Hayley does better, and actually did Hayley's most difficult move of tonight, two of Beths's 3 top moves , and one of Clare and Suzanne's biggest moves, in her skate off routine alone.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    SOUNDS to me. that the better ones did not or could not do the shows.. resulting in a pick of the shit left.. and the desperate one are on it. total farce.. and boring..

They probably have 5 of the top 6 best females, and 3 of the 5 or 6 top males on the series. If you didn't have filler like Joe, Todd, David, and Gareth they would be losing potential winners from the start- which would make the competition random and pointless. With filler, the good people without a vote have time to win one.

The problem is they then ruined the concept by having a silly double exit in week one, and letting the public vote alone decide that a potential semi finalist should go. They should have allowed for there being too many strong female competitors, and not designed the structure to get rid of a couple of the numerous weaker males.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    It was glaringly obvious to me tonight that Chris was missing. He and Ray could really have injected some excitement into the show if he hadn't been such a stupid clown in the first place he'd have hopefully been rightfully there.

I don't know why they didn't just do the double exit next week when the other half of the skaters had performed too, we'd hopefully have lost the other spacefiller (Todd) along with Joe.
  • Options
    Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand why Chris isn't in it, but you don't know if Emmerdale would have allowed Matthew back due to his work commitments and SL he has coming up.
  • Options
    Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, as Matthew and Chris aren't in it,the guy who came 2nd last year who was in eastenders ( sorry can't remember name and I didn't like him!!) I wonder why he wasn't asked back, as they were always saying how wonderful he was.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Reserved wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't go back if I won. I wouldn't want my series or win tainted.

Exactly, which is a risk Matthew would have taken if he returned. As much as I liked Matthew and thought he was a great skater during his series, I do think not going back was the right decision. He could have ended up being one of the first out and tainted his win.

The ones like Gary Lucy, Gareth Gates and Todd Carty can afford to take the risk, considering they were not on the show until the end, so I understand why these three would do it. However, I do not understand why winners and runner ups would risk their place and compete in this series.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't a Bonnie fan first time around but I imo she deserved to be asked back and I thought she and Andrei gave a great performance. She sparkled and her attitude was that of a real trouper - she was there to have fun and enjoyed every moment.

She and Ray got my votes.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can understand some former winners declining the invitation to participate in the final series - some might feel reluctant to put their title at risk, others might have alternative commitments but in the absence of some very worthy and talented winners the title of Champion of champion hardly applies.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member

Yes I know what you mean. I find her awfully stage-school, frantic smile and basically being carried around the ice rink by her partner. She was very unpopular last time she appeared on Dancing on Ice. She is obviously a trained dancer, ballet etc but she never gets the chance to actually SKATE!!
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I know what you mean. I find her awfully stage-school, frantic smile and basically being carried around the ice rink by her partner. She was very unpopular last time she appeared on Dancing on Ice. She is obviously a trained dancer, ballet etc but she never gets the chance to actually SKATE!!

BIB But CAN she actually skate? Whenever she is on her own she tends to resemble "Bambi in the Headlights", and only comes alive when she is being held by her partner - which seems to be about 99percent of the time. Compare to her, for example, to Hayley who can skate on her own, or even to Joe Pasquale who managed to skate around unaided.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally77 wrote: »
    I can understand why Chris isn't in it, but you don't know if Emmerdale would have allowed Matthew back due to his work commitments and SL he has coming up.

In short, more than likely, no.

Matthew is busy in Emmerdale. He has a big story line coming up. There's a lot of training and promoting, let alone the live shows involved in Dancing on Ice. Emmerdale's filming schedule is full on.

It's a shame though as Matt was one of my favourites :(