Guinea Pigs

vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
Forum Member
✭✭
If I start with two - boy and girl - how long will it take for them to become a multitude? And will they all do each other and start producing 5 legged monsters or little twits [as much as you can judge a thicko guinea pig from a compos mentis one]? :confused:

Comments

• MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm... don't start with a boy and girl?

They will breed, of course, and interbreed given the chance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    If I start with two - boy and girl - how long will it take for them to become a multitude? And will they all do each other and start producing 5 legged monsters or little twits [as much as you can judge a thicko guinea pig from a compos mentis one]? :confused:

Any guinea pigs that belong to us are bound to be 5 legged monsters, no need for inter breeding :(
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muze wrote: »
    Erm... don't start with a boy and girl?

They will breed, of course, and interbreed given the chance.

Hmm....no limits then? :(

I kinda like them living as wee couple but if the cousins are going to start going at it it doesn't seem such a plan. Can you get his plums lopped off?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm not sure if you can put 2 boys together either as they might fight :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    Any guinea pigs that belong to us are bound to be 5 legged monsters, no need for inter breeding :(

Only because you sew shit onto them. Stop it >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only because you sew shit onto them. Stop it >:(

Ribbons and glitter are not shit >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm....no limits then? :(

I kinda like them living as wee couple but if the cousins are going to start going at it it doesn't seem such a plan. Can you get his plums lopped off?

can't you get the cousins plums chopped off, so only one male can get his rocks off? Or perhaps you need not worry, if they do live as a couple I am sure the female would complain she is too tired for sex and the cousins will just have to turn gay
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    can't you get the cousins plums chopped off, so only one male can get his rocks off? Or perhaps you need not worry, if they do live as a couple I am sure the female would complain she is too tired for sex and the cousins will just have to turn gay

Depends on the he-guinea, fanny bawz \/
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    What am I reading?...:o
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    i'm not sure if you can put 2 boys together either as they might fight :confused:

I think you can , my mum used to rescue them and we had the males together in groups of five in several hutches and the females in small groups as well , there was some fighting at first with the stronger ones asserting their dominance they all settled down and were quite happy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What am I breeding?...:o

Blimey :o
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This should be in advice! >:(
    Forum Member
    Blimey :o

My family has been farming guinea pigs for years...
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Guinea pigs have a very short gestation period - 63 days and furthermore the boars will mate with the sows as soon as they've given birth. So, you do the math (s).:)

On the plus side, baby guinea pigs are born with all their fur on and their eyes open. They are unbelievably cute.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    Guinea pigs have a very short gestation period - 63 days and furthermore the boars will mate with the sows as soon as they've given birth. So, you do the math (s).:)

On the plus side, baby guinea pigs are born with all their fur on and their eyes open. They are unbelievably cute.

Yeah, I know the latter. Graino has shown me the family albums, though tbh I'm not quite sure what they're farming them for. Some kind of export business I think.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    ahhhhhh, little furry clangers ♥.
    Forum Member
    There is a guinea pig character in the kids TV show Wonder pets.

Just thought you'd all like to know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a guinea pig character in the kids TV show Wonder pets.

Just thought you'd all like to know.

Aw I now have a wee picture of you sitting watching kiddies programmes on tv. :D Off to have a look. :p
    Forum Member
    Uffa wrote: »
    Aw I now have a wee picture of you sitting watching kiddies programmes on tv. :D Off to have a look. :p

Paw Patrol is good as well :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Feline versh is a winner :)