Options

Cheryl to sign 5million pound deal with 'The Voice'

Comments

• Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    seal b wrote: »
    I thought the point of 'The Voice' was to have genuinely talented judges? Can't see her being hired.

Precisely. She's a flop, a failure, a cast off, yesterdays news, a has been.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I will start a petition in objection to paying the licence fee if that is the case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That can't be true:D

Cheryl was competent on X Factor as a TV personality, but how can you have someone who is all image and no singing capability as the figurehead of a show that is supposed to be telling us that talent should take priority over looks?

Her presence on a show like that would turn it into a joke. If the BBC has any idea what The Voice is about the first person to suggest Cole as a suitable judge should get laughed out of the room.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of 5 million pound deals floating around. Maybe adding 2 + 2 doesn't equal BBC Voice deal.

That maybe what the BBC needs to pay to get the Voice on their channel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Tbh she said she depressed its not like she bread winner of the family and will lose everything, she has millions in bank and she thought she was bigger than Britain, oh well.
    I am not interested and agree with fellow poster she not that good singer.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other news, Ms. Cole will be the first woman to walk on the moon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I watch the american version and all 4 judges have huge credibility even someone like Blake Shelton who isnt known here is massive in the US and Adam Levine who is the Maroon 5 lead singer has lots of worldwide hits under this belt added to Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo Green and the BBC want to match that with Cole being on the panel.

All the judges in the US help their contentants by singing with them again Cole, she'll need about 5 takes to hit a right note.
  • Options
    dvfan1dvfan1 Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    I saw Cheryl sing live at O2 supporting BEPs and you are right ..she cannot sing well live at all. She sang the slower songs live like Parachute and looked so uncomfortable and almost embarrassed and the vocals were the worst i have ever heard in a reasonable venue. The vocals improved dramatically on the fast dance numbers where she was obv miming.
    So it would be ironic for her to judge the Voice ....but her record company Universal are involved and are helping to recruit the judges so the tempatation will be high to put her on it alongside 2 other judges with strong vocals.
  • Options
    PeterWDPeterWD Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »
    They waste £10m on Doctor Who?:eek: What shit that show is.

From
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2008/07/13/daleks-speak-to-all-nations-91466-21331585/
    Latest figures for the show, shot on locations throughout Wales, reveals 42 countries around the globe have snapped up the rights to broadcast the huge TV hit, which is making the BBC millions of pounds in profit.

So it is popular money-making shit.
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Voice of Britain has ZERO international appeal, so there is no way it'll have a blockbuster budget... Assuming the BBC even have the rights to begin with!
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Her PR team seem to be working overtime. No way would the BBC pay that much for a failed US Show judge.

If they do end up with 'The Voice', Cheryl would be a disaster. The show is about the voice not the looks!
  • Options
    Truth TellerTruth Teller Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    With other British artists with "A Voice" I doubt the BBC would allow her to be on the programme let alone pay £5m. Unfortunately her record company are behind the show so they may push her forward.....:(
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Charlotte Church would be the natural and sensible choice as a judge. She has a voice.
  • Options
    luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl and "The Voice".....oooookay.....
  • Options
    Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right now it is a buyers market for Cheryl. She's not got a TV gig and if she wants one then she's going to have to accept a lower offer to get her profile raised for her again. Otherwise she can sink on minimum wage or crawl back to her girl band.

The one thing you can guarantee is that if Girl's Aloud suddenly get back together again in a month or two then you know who it was who was preventing them from getting back together up until now.
  • Options
    AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forget the Voice, Cheryl could always join CBS's The Young and The Restless or even their sister soap, except the fans decide who she goes with, what happens to her,etc.

Well she is young and restless.
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    Her PR team seem to be working overtime. No way would the BBC pay that much for a failed US Show judge.

If they do end up with 'The Voice', Cheryl would be a disaster. The show is about the voice not the looks!

Also her abysmal flop stateside is going to be constantly thrown back in her face.

If she rejects candidates, tells them they are no good etc etc, then they have the perfect come back. They are being rejected by someone who was not up to judging a talent show.
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC would be crucified for paying £5m for anyone, let alone Cheryl!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Don't waste your cash BBC, she'll curse it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seal b wrote: »
    I thought the point of 'The Voice' was to have genuinely talented judges? Can't see her being hired.

Exactly. I think thats one of the main reasons the US version has been so successful, all the judges are respected as musicians/singers by the contestants. I'd rather see Beverly Knight, Jamie Cullum, etc. as judges than Cheryl Cole.

I'm not even a Cheryl hater, I just don't think she belongs on The Voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole judging The Voice, what next, Louis Walsh judging Britain's Next Top Model?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Cheryl Cole judging The Voice, what next, Louis Walsh judging Britain's Next Top Model?

LOL. I choked on my tea when I read this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Charlotte Church would be the natural and sensible choice as a judge. She has a voice.

Or Adele. If she really isn't going to get into doing festivals or arena shows she's going to need to supplement her income sooner or later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _Venger_ wrote: »
    Jeez what farce if they have someone who doesn't have a "voice" as face of "The Voice"

Lol. I like Cheryl, but I don't know if she sings well enough to do the Voice. They need serious singers who can also mentor the contestants. How is it going to look if she mentors people who are better singers than her?

I like Cheryl, but if she got into a sing-off with Christina Aguilera, I wouldn't put money on Cheryl.