susan boyle rumours

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    John Merrick has finally been re-admitted then

You are a very sad pathetic individual, :mad:

Susan Boyle has issues and she should be helped in anyway that may ensure she overcomes her problems, if true that she has been admitted due to another breakdown then we should respect her privacy and wish her a speedy recovery.

The real ire should be reserved for Cowell, that is an abuser who takes a talent ,milks them for what they are worth and drops them with no consideration for the talent whatsoever.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Tackomacko wrote: »
    Word on the street in blackburn is that she is in st johns hospital, had a breakdown or something in the street.

i wonder if its true.

Did she come in kicking & screaming?
  • Deborah_WilbankDeborah_Wilbank Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    I have no doubt that she can sing, but I've yet to see her give a performance where she's singing in time to the music and has a real connection to what she's singing. I first noticed the lack of rhythm/timing on BGT. I thought it was something she'd get to grips with in time, then I saw a performance from her on TV this year (guest performance on BGT, I think...when she was singing a Madonna song) and she was still ignoring the tempo of the music and singing at her own speed.

Well then you didn't see her in NYC in 2009, or in Japan in 2009, or NYC in 2010, or in Newcastle in 2012 . She doesn't sing the song like Madonna sings it, she intentionally sings it at a slower pace. On AGT she transformed You Have to Be There from a song of desolation to into a song of power. Sorry, I've never seen a performance which would give your comment any credence.
  • Deborah_WilbankDeborah_Wilbank Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    I agree. This is where Emperors New Clothes comes in. If anyone else performed like this it would be deemed 'not very good' but it is just 'ignored' as it is unmentionable as you can't say that about Susan. The worst I saw was her attempting to do a duet with Elaine Paige - dear oh dear. I felt for Elaine trying to sustain the duet as Susan was oblivious to rhythm/timing.

I find this a specious comment. I felt Elaine Paige was showing her age, though Elaine sings lovely, Susan's performance was remarkable and assured. I loved the remake with Peter Kay, he did a wonderful job. If you don't like Susan's music, so be it.
    How anyone can feel comfortable spreading unsubstantiated rumors like the one that initiated this thread mystifies me.
    In Edgar Allen Poe's words:
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The real ire should be reserved for Cowell, that is an abuser who takes a talent ,milks them for what they are worth and drops them with no consideration for the talent whatsoever.

He needs every penny he can get. All those visits to Rent-a-Girlfriend don't come cheap :p But yeah, that's what he does.
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this a specious comment. I felt Elaine Paige was showing her age, though Elaine sings lovely, Susan's performance was remarkable and assured. I loved the remake with Peter Kay, he did a wonderful job. If you don't like Susan's music, so be it.
    How anyone can feel comfortable spreading unsubstantiated rumors like the one that initiated this thread mystifies me.
    In Edgar Allen Poe's words:
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
    Well said.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not particularly a fan of Susan, and as a singer, she has her limitations, but she clearly has a talent and a lovely tone to her voice that a lot of people love and connect with.

She also has some problems, but she had them before she became famous. Adjusting to fame is never easy, but I actually think the people around her have done a fantastic job at protecting her from the pressures and kind of schedule most newly fanmous singers are expected to carry out.

She has made a lot of money, enough to keep her financially secure. She doesn't seem to have extravagant needs, but she still needs to pay the rent and now she gets to do what she loves.

I don't care much for Cowell, but in Susan's case, it's really her manager who needs to take responsibility for managing her schedule to make sure that she doesn't take on anything that's beyond her, while allowing her to do what she loves. I think they do underplay some of her mental health problems, but that's probably because she has nothing to gain from having the tabloids gossiping about her.

It's almost as if some people want her to have a serious break-down, just so they can rub their hands together and prove their point that Simon is evil and it's all exploitation etc. I do believe a lot of the artists are exploited, but Susan appears to be one of the best protected artists in music, never mind the world of Simon Cowell.
  • dabotsonlinedabotsonline Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    (... she was singing a Madonna song) and she was still ignoring the tempo of the music and singing at her own speed.
    It wasn't "Into the Groove", was it?! :p
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member

Oh My!!! She could never be "into the grove" :D She stands there like a fence post, she needs to move or she will start to freeeeeezzzzzzz.
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    17 to be correct, do your research.

11million 4million 2million

By the IFPI 2012 :D

Just read the IFBI report again.

It's most about Adele and her 18,000,000 sales of 21 for 2011, also says about 2009 sales by SuBo and Adele sold more than all of SuBo's albums added together with one album. It breaks it down from
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, Like A Virgin :p
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well then you didn't see her in NYC in 2009, or in Japan in 2009, or NYC in 2010, or in Newcastle in 2012 . She doesn't sing the song like Madonna sings it, she intentionally sings it at a slower pace. On AGT she transformed You Have to Be There from a song of desolation to into a song of power. Sorry, I've never seen a performance which would give your comment any credence.

If a song is intentionally arranged to be performed at a different tempo, that's fine. However, that's not what I mean. Susan ignores the arrangement and sings at her own speed.

Performance of I Dreamed A Dream in BGT:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BvBkTmDWBA

Duet (I Know Him So Well) with Elaine Paige:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=9o8PgJPUjfo&NR=1

Performance of You'll See on BGT 2012:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKcHpoisjB0

Performance of Mull Of Kintyre at Royal Pagent 2012:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=Eu-xCh7Fzlw&NR=1

I could understand when she was competing on BGT, because she would have been nervous. However, three years on and she's still doing the same thing. She has a lovely tone to her voice, but struggles with something (tempo and rhythm) that should come naturally to a singer, or at least be something a singer can easily deal with. Especially in a song like Mull of Kintyre, which has a basic 'waltz' tempo (3 beats) throughout.

The other thing is that Susan doesn't seem to put emotion into her performances. Mull Of Kintyre is a song about how much the singer loves the place, misses it and wants to go back. Susan might as well have been singing the list of people in the pagent for all the emotion she put into it and showed on her face. Singing is about much more than singing the right notes in tune and in the right order.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't watch her sing, there's something weird about it.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    I'm not particularly a fan of Susan, and as a singer, she has her limitations, but she clearly has a talent and a lovely tone to her voice that a lot of people love and connect with.

She also has some problems, but she had them before she became famous. Adjusting to fame is never easy, but I actually think the people around her have done a fantastic job at protecting her from the pressures and kind of schedule most newly fanmous singers are expected to carry out.

She has made a lot of money, enough to keep her financially secure. She doesn't seem to have extravagant needs, but she still needs to pay the rent and now she gets to do what she loves.

I don't care much for Cowell, but in Susan's case, it's really her manager who needs to take responsibility for managing her schedule to make sure that she doesn't take on anything that's beyond her, while allowing her to do what she loves. I think they do underplay some of her mental health problems, but that's probably because she has nothing to gain from having the tabloids gossiping about her.

It's almost as if some people want her to have a serious break-down, just so they can rub their hands together and prove their point that Simon is evil and it's all exploitation etc. I do believe a lot of the artists are exploited, but Susan appears to be one of the best protected artists in music, never mind the world of Simon Cowell.

Great post, Sparkle. Much agree.

Rhythm and tempo aside, I actually much prefer SB's voice to Elaine Paige's which I've always found a bit tinny and scratchy. Think I've said as much elsewhere on DS in similar threads.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has always seemed quite a fragile person and I think her people do well to rally round and make life as comfortable as possible for her when she is under the spotlight. Hopefully she'll be okay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Susan Boyle. The hype was way out of proportion at the time of BGT, but she's a pleasant enough singer. Not anything outstanding, but still nice to listen to. I'm happy for her success - I enjoy her albums in an easy listening sort of way, and am looking forward to her next one.

The OP's post sounds like a load of rubbish. Surely if Susan had been hospitalized and/or was in seriously poor health, it would have been leaked to the press by now?
  • thistledounthistledoun Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    johartuk, thanks for the links. In fact, pretty much all of her performances have the same rushed tempo. Whenever she performs on TV, Twitter is inundated with complaints about her timing. But it's interesting that she seems to have had no problem before BGT, when she was in a less pressured environment -

The Power of Love, 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwYtFVHgUGw

Cry Me a River, 1998

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFeviKiuKNU

- and both of these are beautifully nuanced, as well.

For the sake of her art, she should perform ONLY in situations where she can produce these results. But Syco, and her manager, and ultimately Susan herself, have chosen big bucks over artisitic integrity.
    Forum Member
    Nyota wrote: »
    The OP's post sounds like a load of rubbish. Surely if Susan had been hospitalized and/or was in seriously poor health, it would have been leaked to the press by now?

Susan wouldn't necessarily have been admitted to hospital, she may have been taken there for treatment & released. According to the admin of one fan forum, she was at home last night watching television. She has been a frequent visitor to St. John's A&E, even before BGT.

"she's famous in her home town for kicking off and then phoning an ambulance for herself"

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1067927

- just one of many such comments over the years.

I wouldn't bother feeling too sorry for her, since it doesn't seem to bother her much. She bounces back, and goes on her merry way - "up and down like a yo-yo", as she herself described it. It's the people around her during these episodes that I feel sorry for, subjected to her verbal, and sometimes violently physical, abuse.

I wish the OP would post an update :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    17 to be correct, do your research.

11million 4million 2million

Haha. Sorry, added wrong. 17 million. With very little promotion (except the audition, which was free), so Subo is very cheap to produce and profitable for Sony and it also means that she probably did realize $16-$17 million just from CDs alone, plus performance fees, plus the profits from her touring hit musical, of which she's co-producer and from her autobio, which was a London Times bestseller. Her publisher has asked for a sequel.

As to her finances, her investment plan was set up by Ossie Kilkenny (U-2's original business mgr) and is being followed by Susan and Andy Stephens, who are co-directors of her 2 corporations. The object, as for all investments plans, is to shelter as much of her wealth as possible from taxes. Susan's bank account is also helped by the fact that she still lives in her little village in Scotland and and has fun and travels but not in the usual flashy celebrity way.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »

Excellent post and I totally agree. DS in general think Cowell is the root of all evil and I personally don't think that is the case
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Excellent post and I totally agree. DS in general think Cowell is the root of all evil and I personally don't think that is the case

Really? I was listening to an interview with Loius Walsh in the car the other day and he said 'Simon really knows his stuff. He brought us Robson and Jerome and Sinitta'

I rest my case.:D
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Casual wrote: »
    I can't watch her sing, there's something weird about it.

agree, i just cringe when i see her.
  • Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trennie wrote: »
    Exactly. Susan Boyle's just fine. Finished recording her 4th CD, Now larking about on the beach at Ayr in Scotland and kicking up her heels in the pub. Lots of tab stories and pics of her in the last week or so.

The OP has a vivid imagination. Or maybe wishful thinking.

I'm glad that's the case.
    Forum Member
    Subo in Benidorm last week. Some hints that she was there to tape an episode of "Benidorm".
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decades of some performers out of their heads on drugs or drink or both. Car crash personal lives. Stints in rehab. Lots of performers can't cope.

Susan Boyle seems to have coped well by comparison. As someone has said, there was oxygen deprivation at birth. That has caused some problems but whenever i've seen Susan Boyle on camera she has been chatty, articulate, warm,intelligent and has a great sense of humour. I'm not even a fan but a slight, disability doesn't make her incapable of coping pretty well.