Emmerdale one liners/ funny bits....

Comments

• GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan mucking about doing robotics in the garage with a stupid look on his face, Cain (having a bad Debbie-related day) walks in, looks at him morosely and says 'Sometimes I REALLY hate you.' I thought it was hilarious because he put into words exactly what I was thinking about Dan right at the moment:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another good Charity sarcastic one, from the time when Cain and Charity were living together and she was job hunting.

She's come back from an interview with Jai, and is making a cup of tea. Cain bursts in demanding 'an explanation' for some transgression or other, angrily. She looks at him, and says 'Tea. You get a teabag, pop it in a cup, add water..'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    Classic Betty - when Rodney had a heart attack:

Betty: "he was as white as a sheet. Well, maybe not quite - that tan of his would take some shifting."

It's not a quote, but I have a memory of Betty, when the whole Lamb/Wylde thing was kicking off, and the police were searching the garage and ryan's house for the murder weapon. She was sitting out front of her house with her deckchair, and if I recall correctly, knitting and snacks, so she could get a good view of all the goings on:D:D Now I would have been rubber necking too, but I would have been more subtle about it.
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan mucking about doing robotics in the garage with a stupid look on his face, Cain (having a bad Debbie-related day) walks in, looks at him morosely and says 'Sometimes I REALLY hate you.' I thought it was hilarious because he put into words exactly what I was thinking about Dan right at the moment:D

Ha ha that was a good scene :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moira is working behind the bar in the Woolie and Cain tries to flirt with Holly.

Moira: "just try it and you'll be talking like a woman the rest of your life"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the otherwise awful 'dingles for richer, for poorer' spin off, Sam did a good wee joke. The Dingles think they've won the lottery, and Cain's joking that Lisa will have to play her cards right because Zak bought the ticket, so technically it's his money. Sam chips in with a joke
    'this fella wins the lottery. His wife comes home and he says 'Pack your bags I've won the lottery.' She says 'Where are we going?' He replies 'I don't care where you go. I'VE won the lottery!''::D
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it when Chas commented on Paddy looking nervous. 'He looks like he's going to hatch an egg'! :D Chas does make me laugh sometimes.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I just came it here to post that but you beat me to it! Love that Betty and Sandy are Breaking Bad junkies. :D
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fought this whole sequence funny, I love KerryMan :D

Zak [to Ashley]: My dog does that when it's got worms

Kerry [to Andy]: Oh here! It's like having a night out with Social Service hanging around with you.

:D:D:D
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgetting the classic

Chas: Have you got some painkillers for in the morning?
    Paddy: Rhona's had 'em all

I couldn't stop laughing at this either. :D
  • maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    It's not a quote, but I have a memory of Betty, when the whole Lamb/Wylde thing was kicking off, and the police were searching the garage and ryan's house for the murder weapon. She was sitting out front of her house with her deckchair, and if I recall correctly, knitting and snacks, so she could get a good view of all the goings on:D:D Now I would have been rubber necking too, but I would have been more subtle about it.
    Didn't Betty used to take sandwiches and a flask of tea to the court whenever any the characters were in the dock just to be nosey? :D:D
  • babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple from Betty when she was working in the cafe:

'I don't make the news, I just broadcast it.'

(Stuffing a cream cake into her gob) 'Hang on, I need to concentrate so as not to be sick.'

I chuckled quite a bit at those two!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    A couple from Betty when she was working in the cafe:

'I don't make the news, I just broadcast it.'

(Stuffing a cream cake into her gob) 'Hang on, I need to concentrate so as not to be sick.'

I chuckled quite a bit at those two!

:D:D:D I haven't seen those but I blooming love Betty, she needs to bring out a joke book in time for Christmas. Or do a storyline where they get Betty to an open mic night, she'd bring the house down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After Jimmy had asked John about Holly babysitting for him and Nicola - not aware of Holly taking drugs at Ashley's and after Nicola had shouted it out in front of the pub)

Jimmy: I honestly had no idea
    Val: I know sweetheart, you're far too thick for that level of sarcasm

:D

Moira: ..I would't except anything less from a pair of witches
    Nicola [walks in]: That;s not very nice
    Chas: We weren't even talking about you
    Charity: I was thinking it though
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Emfl8b2nQ

The whole scene at the start. :D
    Cain pointing to Rodney lurking in the background and the PC feathers comment. :D
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Charity found out that Jai was Archie's father, she said to Rachel "You must have misread my advert; I wanted a scrubber to scrub the factory, not sleep with my husband."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another one to add to the Betty files

When it was annouced that Katie was pregnant at, what looks like, a village event for the council or something. Katie is standing on hay trailer screaming at her dad & Jack.

Katie [to her dad and crowd]: I'm not ill, I'm pregnant
    Betty: Brave Girl! [sightly quieter]: I'd 'ave denied it.

:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    When Charity found out that Jai was Archie's father, she said to Rachel "You must have misread my advert; I wanted a scrubber to scrub the factory, not sleep with my husband."
    This one really tickled me :D:D
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    How about the Betty one last week when Ali jokingly told her Kerry was pregnant so Betty said "I thought you looked a bit porky" :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Victoria: I'm not being funny Moira, but I need this about as much as a Swan needs an IPod.
    What is this, Grab a granny night? Careful Edna you might be next!

For some reason the line about the swan needing an ipod really stuck in my head. Victoria is emerging as a nice little comedian with some of her lines like tonight when Leyla walked into the pub "hang on, let me just check the entertainment licence" obviously living with Betty has been a good influence on her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanessa [to Adam]: I don't know it's complicated you might need to sign something

Eric [to Finn about Val]: we're not alone, you've got Valerie's split personality to keep us company

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this was worthy of being included...

Dan: Roses are red, violets are blue

Cain: A punch in the face, or make us a brew

• dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Betty's "Hairy Muffin" was hilarious this week as was Bernice's "Chunky Monkey"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    I thought this was worthy of being included...

Dan: Roses are red, violets are blue

Cain: A punch in the face, or make us a brew

dubgaz wrote: »
    Betty's "Hairy Muffin" was hilarious this week as was Bernice's "Chunky Monkey"

Both of these were amazing :D:D the Hairy Muffin had me in stitches, shows mature I am.