Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Corrie is getting really bad for pointless dialogue. >:(

And how come D & K can afford a night in a posh hotel? Thought they were in dire financial straits?? Also, no sign or mention of their baby?? (can't remember the name)

Another SOR and vastly overused - the night in a posh hotel.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Yes, gorgeous. I find them both highly attractive, which is a matter of opinion of course. :)

Of course! Super!
  • NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry not really an SOR but has anyone else noticed that Jenny McAlpine's acting is getting worse by the episode? I just want to strangle her. Sean used to be the worst character in Corrie, now its Fiz by a country mile!
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry not really an SOR but has anyone else noticed that Jenny McAlpine's acting is getting worse by the episode? I just want to strangle her. Sean used to be the worst character in Corrie, now its Fiz by a country mile!

Shoehorning her into every story going doesn't help.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Shoehorning her into every story going doesn't help.

I understand that Fiz had seen the commotion with Kylie and the intruder but I don't understand why she was sat in the house afterwards with Gail & Kylie? If Kylie was on her own then I would have understood but Kylie went back to comfort Gail so Fiz didn't need to be there.

Also as has already been mentioned it looked like there was some bad editing going on with David running out of the hotel looking worried but Kylie didn't ring David to inform him of the burglary until after that scene. Those scenes should have been switched round.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We both still think that she looks much older than her real age. Around 65 ish.

I think she is too thin in the face and that is why she is looking a bit older than her true age.
    She looks like her face needs a bit of natural filling out to fill those lines in.
    A few square meals would help her.
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a hag. One of the biggest SORs is that anyone would find her remotely attractive. :confused:
    I'm 21 and I find her attractive, everyone has different tastes. No SOR.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree. It's her moaning crying voice she puts on, it's an assault on the ears.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a hag. One of the biggest SORs is that anyone would find her remotely attractive. :confused:

harsh. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Of all the bars, in all the towns............"

BORING!!!!
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is too thin in the face and that is why she is looking a bit older than her true age.
    She looks like her face needs a bit of natural filling out to fill those lines in.

Agreed. Women who are around 40 to 60 and too thin look older than their years. Women lose fat on the face as they grow older. Michelle Collins could do with putting some weight on. Mind you at least she hasn't had botox ....I don't think she's a "hag", saying she is a hag is a bit mean.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    "Of all the bars, in all the towns............"

BORING!!!!

Soaps always do this. When someone who is up to no good goes to a hotel there is ALWAYS someone else from the Street / Dale etc there as well. It's such an overplayed storyline.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    Agreed. Women who are around 40 to 60 and too thin look older than their years. Women lose fat on the face as they grow older. Michelle Collins could do with putting some weight on. Mind you at least she hasn't had botox ....I don't think she's a "hag", saying she is a hag is a bit mean.

I was looking at Michelle and Carla last night chatting away, at their faces.
    Michelle had natural movement in her face and lines would appear as she changed expressions on her face, Carlas remained still whatever emotion she tried to portray.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete Burns AKA Carla has probably had Botox.
  • JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »

Can we avoid spoilers please? - not everyone knows/wants to know

Yawn!

Now you do know there's no need to keep saying this. If you don't know of that upcoming storyline you must have been on mars for the last few months.
  • Mart1n0940Mart1n0940 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »
    When I saw Carla was wearing that huge cross she reminded me of the Aunt in BlackAdder who came to dinner with 3 crosses on her head.

She reminded me of Black Sabbath in concert ;-)
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kmusgrave wrote: »
    Yawn!

Now you do know there's no need to keep saying this. If you don't know of that upcoming storyline you must have been on mars for the last few months.

Well obviously I do need to keep saying this because we don't all read the magazines and articles which delight in reporting the spoilers provided by the producers and I, for one, only read and contribute to this Corrie thread.

If this thread were to be used for SORs - and therefore looking at broadcast episodes - the spoilers wouldn't be necessary.
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,871
    Forum Member
    Yawn!

Hi all! I'm just back from Mars, or at least I must have been because I don't know about any future storylines except one that was mentioned in a spoiler on here several weeks ago.

Seriously, even though I use the internet several hours a day for work, research, info, shopping, news, etc, and read newspapers fairly regularly, I manage to avoid all mentions of Corrie and what's coming up, so it's a shame to read them in a forum which is meant to be about unbelievable/ridiculous things that have happened in it.
  • JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well obviously I do need to keep saying this because we don't all read the magazines and articles which delight in reporting the spoilers provided by the producers and I, for one, only read and contribute to this Corrie thread.

If this thread were to be used for SORs - and therefore looking at broadcast episodes - the spoilers wouldn't be necessary.

I actually agree with you :) it's just that that particular one has been mentioned on this thread several times already, so I find it hard to believe that anyone reading it wouldn't have known about it.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    I think she always looks lovely, but they do say that after forty you have to choose between your face and a*se.
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    Soaps always do this. When someone who is up to no good goes to a hotel there is ALWAYS someone else from the Street / Dale etc there as well. It's such an overplayed storyline.
    I dont know any married couple who would stay in a hotel around the corner. Does this actually happen? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually agree with you :) it's just that that particular one has been mentioned on this thread several times already, so I find it hard to believe that anyone reading it wouldn't have known about it.

Well "Yawn" or not, I'll continue to mention spoiler alerts - rather than decide which ones are more likely to be known about than others.

Just ignore my alerts if you wish. :)

BTW - I wouldn't have known anything about Tina's leaving plot (just that she was leaving. I ignore any reference in any media to spoilers - difficult, given that Corrie seem (:confused:) to intentionally reveal upcoming stories. It's disappointing that the producers have so little faith in their ability to attract viewers that they have to do so.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

AKFE wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm just back from Mars, or at least I must have been because I don't know about any future storylines except one that was mentioned in a spoiler on here several weeks ago.

Seriously, even though I use the internet several hours a day for work, research, info, shopping, news, etc, and read newspapers fairly regularly, I manage to avoid all mentions of Corrie and what's coming up, so it's a shame to read them in a forum which is meant to be about unbelievable/ridiculous things that have happened in it.

Quite.
    This thread is for suspension of reality.
    There is a separate thread for spoilers.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Kevin going ballistic over a £400 tax bill? He could recoup that in a few hours, based on how busy they appear to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Quite.
    This thread is for suspension of reality.
    There is a separate thread for spoilers.

That's interesting - I suppose it saves the participants from having to watch the programme. :p
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to Sally doing the books? I remember a few years ago when Tyrone was married to Molly and she wanted involved in the business but Sally didn't want this as she dealt with the accounts. Plus Sally has a share in the business doesn't she? Can't believe she wasn't checking up on how things where when Kevin was away.
This discussion has been closed.