Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been temporary traffic lights on my route to work due to roadworks for weeks on end, doesn't usually bother me but we always seem to approach them on red and I usually can listen to a full song on the radio before they change to green! The roadworks are set to continue for another god knows how many weeks as well. I don't know why they take so long to change. There's not even another route I can take to avoid getting caught.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^I miss living real close to a chippie. Gone are the days where 5mins after feeling peckish I'd be walking back from the chippie hugging a bag of 2 sausages + chips or, when I wanted something a little special, hugging a bag of mini fish and chips whilst munching on a large battered sausage.... om nom nom nom nom. (why can't things ever stay the same, dammit)

I have two chippies, an Indian restaurant, two pubs which serve amazing food and a hotel within a 30 second walk from my front door. Its dangerous stuff! :D The trivial thing I find is that there are two Chinese takeaways within a 5 min walk of each other, one of which does amazing food but only serves chippy chips (it's a chinese/chippy hybrid) whereas the other Chinese has sub-par food but amazing chips so I have to traipse between the two to complete my dinner :D:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I have two chippies, an Indian restaurant, two pubs which serve amazing food and a hotel within a 30 second walk from my front door. Its dangerous stuff! :D The trivial thing I find is that there are two Chinese takeaways within a 5 min walk of each other, one of which does amazing food but only serves chippy chips (it's a chinese/chippy hybrid) whereas the other Chinese has sub-par food but amazing chips so I have to traipse between the two to complete my dinner :D:(

Have this problem in my town with the Chinese takeaways, one does lovely noodles but awful prawn crackers, the other does lovely prawn crackers but the noodles are not quite as good. Other dishes are around the same quality, it's just making the choice between crackers or noodles lol
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^are they close together allowing you to put in your order in one place and while it's being cooked/microwaved you can send someone on a cracker run to the other ?
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Eh? I don't think there are special "areas" where bus drivers stop and talk to each other!

No, but there are areas where groups of asians regularly stop traffic whilst they have a chat, as has been stated. Now i go a different way - problem solved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to find what device you saved a bookmark on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    my neighbours

i have spent the last hour trying to line bedroom curtains as they are hacking away my bushed brambles, and not asked..its light now out there ..very annoyed ^_^
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I'm finally ready to go and do my food shop and my phone battery dies, my bus ticket is on my phone, damnit >:( By the times its charged up enough to get me there and back I won't want to go >:(:cry:
  • KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Leslie Mann getting parts in comedy films. She is totally unfunny and her whiny little girl voice grates. I'm watching The Other Woman right now and can't believe how bad she is.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    Eh? I don't think there are special "areas" where bus drivers stop and talk to each other!

There sort of is.

The bus i used to catch home had a half way stop between the two ends and one of the afternoon buses used to stop there and the driver would switch with another driver. Presumably that was the end of one shift and the start of another. Most of the time it was a simple switch but depending on the drivers it could take anything from 2 minutes to 20 minutes if they started chatting.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    KikiDafuq wrote: »
    Leslie Mann getting parts in comedy films. She is totally unfunny and her whiny little girl voice grates. I'm watching The Other Woman right now and can't believe how bad she is.
    Isn't she married to a famous director. It's not how good you are, it's who you know ;)
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Greedy scumbag landlords and estate agents.

Cleaned my room from top to bottom - they are trying to take away £200 from me for a new mattress (which was in fine condition when I left it), £15 for general cleaning when I cleaned that room thoroughly. Marks on the carpet (which I did not leave, there were many marks from the previous tennants tho) and want to take £20 from me for 'Gas and Electric' which I have no idea what they are talking about as I paid all my bills before I left that place.

Think they're trying to stitch me up, emailed the estate agent and asked him for further details with the 'issues' of the room. No idea where they are getting these comments from as the room looked great when I left it. Now wondering if they've mixed me up with the guy in the room next door as his room smelt of weed and frankly was disgusting.
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That whole 'your name on a bottle of coke' thing.

It's old now but you still get people sifting through the bottles trying to find their name making a que form behind them. GET OVER IT! IT'S A NAME ON A BOTTLE!

So many sheep about, coca cola must be laughing all the way to the bank!
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    The superflous "So"

There seem to be a lot of posts starting "So, I was ...." "So, when I went...."

It isn't necessary. So stop it! :)
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing annoys me more intensely than technology that doesn't work, even though I use a smart phone and laptop every day, for the most part I HATE technology, it fails you at the first opportunity, leaving you seething with the question of WHY is it not working ?

I prefer an axe, you know where you stand with a goddamn bloody axe!
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Isn't she married to a famous director. It's not how good you are, it's who you know ;)

A bit like Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton !
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you are shopping at the supermarket and someone steps backwards from the shelf without checking if there's anyone behind them.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you are shopping at the supermarket and someone steps backwards from the shelf without checking if there's anyone behind them.

Yes! they deserve a small jab in the back of the head, just to warn them there are other people about!
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    My library keeps charging me for a book I have returned. I've emailed them 3 times about this now.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    That whole 'your name on a bottle of coke' thing.

It's old now but you still get people sifting through the bottles trying to find their name making a que form behind them. GET OVER IT! IT'S A NAME ON A BOTTLE!

So many sheep about, coca cola must be laughing all the way to the bank!

People on my facebook have resorted to buying personalised ones because they cant find their name anywhere.

No doubt they pay extra since its not a common name, plus p&p! Why not just get an unamed one?
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    People on my facebook have resorted to buying personalised ones because they cant find their name anywhere.

No doubt they pay extra since its not a common name, plus p&p! Why not just get an unamed one?

This is wired, me and my OH were looking at it today as my name isn't very common in the uk

It was £1.99 plus a couple of quit P&P or five bottles for free P&P :o

Be cheaper to write my name on a normal bottle lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »

Could be because other people keep on drinking theirs?
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Restlessness
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How I can't take things serious when there on about stuff with funny names. Like with space. Uranus... :D
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think they should make normal coke bottles and cans again as this name thing is getting on my nerves. Maybe in a separate section so that I avoid the name sheep :D
This discussion has been closed.