Options

V Festival Television Coverage

Kate42Kate42 Posts: 123
Forum Member
Does anybody know if there is any coverage going to be shown anywhere on television this year? :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the festival's still partnered with Channel 4, and if previous years are to go by, the coverage will be absolutely dire.

C4 and 4Music will probably have some shows throughout the day and around midnight though.

There was a live stream last year too, but most of the acts they said would be included declined filming so it was pretty pointless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's quite a poppy lineup so i wont be missing much.
  • Options
    Kate42Kate42 Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    RaiseItUp wrote: »
    I think the festival's still partnered with Channel 4, and if previous years are to go by, the coverage will be absolutely dire.

C4 and 4Music will probably have some shows throughout the day and around midnight though.

There was a live stream last year too, but most of the acts they said would be included declined filming so it was pretty pointless.

Hi

Thank you very much for your reply. Where can I find the live streaming? I don't know what streaming is??? :blush:
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was looking into this myself hoping to catch some of The Killers but from what I understand, as MTV have taken over the 'second' stage formerly the '4 Music Stage' that means Ch4 and 4Music will NOT be showing any live or highlights coverage of the V festival this year.
    Indeed a quick search on Radio Times shows NO coverage on those channels this weekend, this is because MTV hold the exclusive tv rights for this year's festival but it looks as though they can't bear to break up Geordie Shore/Catfish/Teen Mom etc by showing some music, announcing they will be airing coverage 30th/31st August.

http://www.vimn.com/press/mtv/content/mtv-uk-strikes-exclusive-broadcast-partnership-with-v-festival

So nothing for a couple of weeks it seems!:(:(
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Nicola37 wrote: »
    Was looking into this myself hoping to catch some of The Killers but from what I understand, as MTV have taken over the 'second' stage formerly the '4 Music Stage' that means Ch4 and 4Music will NOT be showing any live or highlights coverage of the V festival this year.
    Indeed a quick search on Radio Times shows NO coverage on those channels this weekend, this is because MTV hold the exclusive tv rights for this year's festival but it looks as though they can't bear to break up Geordie Shore/Catfish/Teen Mom etc by showing some music, announcing they will be airing coverage 30th/31st August.

http://www.vimn.com/press/mtv/content/mtv-uk-strikes-exclusive-broadcast-partnership-with-v-festival

How ridiculous! You'd think if MTV sponsored a stage that they would be a bit more interested in actually covering the event?

I do think this year's line-up is a bit weak though, and it seems I'm not the only one as I read earlier on efestivals.co.uk that around 30% of the tickets haven't been sold. Granted that's still a lot of people going, but considering its sold out in a few hours not long since, that's pretty bad!
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola37 wrote: »

Shows so much contempt for their audience. Show it in a couple of weeks?! Ch4 coverage may be poor but at least they'd show it on tv the same weekend it's happening! MTV, they don't really give a f*ck do they?!

So all we've really had is Glastonbury and T in the Park on BBC. Ch4 showed Lovebox 2 weeks back but it was just one 1hr show. No V. What else is left?

Reading and Leeds will probably be shown on BBC and ITunes festival, who has rights for that now?
  • Options
    mervyncpmervyncp Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I'm slightly disappointed that there is no coverage of the V Festival this weekend, but, as mentioned by a previous poster, last years coverage was so dire as to not be worth watching.
    I was hoping Channel 4 would have got their act together and made up for last years poor performance