New Tricks Series 11

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Tamzin Outwaithe's character is pretty much the same as Amanda Redman's (that's not a complaint BTW).

I agree with that, now she's settled into the role.
    And it's a big compliment, I reckon!
    Forum Member
    Cracking first episode.

Really enjoyed it.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually really enjoyed that. Plus am likening the new team better then I thought to.
  • ricardoyluciaricardoylucia Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thoroughly good first episode.

Well done to all involved.

By the way, Nicholas Lyndhurst is very well spoken in real life....what you hear, is his normal voice.
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed that more than I did the second half of the last series, they seem to have made it a deliberate move to accelerate the relationships so the characters are now more comfortable with each other and their idiosyncrasies.
    Forum Member
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    Enjoyed that more than I did the second half of the last series, they seem to have made it a deliberate move to accelerate the relationships so the characters are now more comfortable with each other and their idiosyncrasies.

They've been together 6 months now - they made a point of mentioning that, you notice, when Sasha said in the past 6 months she's learnt Danny has two 'aah's - bad and good. lol
    And the programme blurb did say it was 6 months on from when Sasha joined.

I really enjoyed tonight. I love Nick to bits, but Danny was a bit 'stiff' when he first arrived. I always used to think Nick was conscious of everyone - as it was a programme with comedy in it- - almost waiting for him to talk like Rodney and that showed in the stiffness in his first few episodes.

But he sound more natural now (to me, anyway) and that adds to the comfortableness of the whole team.
    Judging people's mood by their eyebrows, I thought was funny. As was Gerry and his 'hug time' lol
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thoroughly good first episode.

Well done to all involved.

By the way, Nicholas Lyndhurst is very well spoken in real life....what you hear, is his normal voice.

Err, not quite, after all he is an actor. If you want to hear his normal voice it's towards the end of this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNy1rrVatpA
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Sounds like he should be playing the dad of that silly sounding cop's daughter in last week's pilot show.
    Forum Member
    Seeing Caitlin as a community support officer as least proves they didn't forget her desire to join the force, "I want to do what you do" as she said to Sandra, in Ice Cream Wars when Gerry enlisted her to do a drug deal!

One of the funniest scenes ever, when Sandra found out about it (and Brian attempting to make drugs in his kitchen when he blew it up! lol)
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see this back on our screens, and with a good episode to boot.

Felt the throwaway line about how long they were together was a nice touch, also like the bit at the start when they did the slow reveal on the gravestone.

I bet a few thought ole Gerry had bought it......:)
  • The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,740
    Forum Member
    First one I had seen with the new team. Didn't like it. Very hackneyed e.g. the business of Tamzin Outwaithe surprisingly being good at pool - how cliched was that? Also I've always thought that Nick Lyndhurst couldn't act his way out of a paper bag and he did nothing to make me change my mind. I won't bother watching again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed that. The comedy that's been missing from the last couple of series was back and it was infinitely better than the dull crap they put out last year. Sasha is a decent replacement for Sandra. The only part I didn't like was the clichéd pool scene, as it was obvious what would happen from the start. And I hope Ned doesn't become a permanent replacement for Strickland. Overall a thumbs up.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very Heartbeat with an ending to warm the cockles of your heart. That's a dangerous cup to sip from. Hope there's a bit more grit in the next episode.
  • Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do miss Sandra and Brian, but I'm still enjoying the show. The new team work.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I enjoyed it TBH. Much as I was critical when they announced TO was joining the cast, I'm prepared to eat my words. I really like her.

Also, I loved the guy that ran the antique shop. I'd like to think they could bring him back for future episodes.
    Forum Member
    A proven grass and in the second hand trade? Yep, they could use him again in more episodes. A bit like Huggy Bear in Starsky and Hutch.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mother sounded and looked familiar, but her identity escaped me. When I saw the cast list I just gasped - it was the beautiful, sexy, witty Susie Blake.

I wonder how long she spent in make-up to get her to look old and wrinkled?
    Forum Member
    TBH in her first scene at long range I was not sure if she was the mother of the dead boy or the grandmother. Too old looking for one, too young looking for the other.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recognised Susie Blake pretty quickly - she was born in 1950 so looked about right tbh. She looks younger in Mrs Browns Boys - but I think that's right as her character in that would spend plenty on looking good, in New Tricks she was more downtrodden by life.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed it, the new cast has settled well and the humour is back.

I am glad they have kept the series going. It feels new and fresh again to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I'm somewhat concerned about next week's episode as it's written by Marston Bloom. He's responsible for the terrible political episode from last year. Quite simply the worst hour of New Tricks I've ever seen and one that almost convinced me to give up on the series.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent first episode, must be one of the few times where it wasn't a murder. The cast seems to have gelled which considering they've only had two episodes beforehand is pretty impressive.

I do wonder whether the series would continue if Dennis Waterman decides to leave since he's the last remaining original cast member.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thought, anyone know if Strickland is coming back?
    Nothing on imdb, even though it shows that Amy Nuttall is definitely in another episode (for the wedding I presume).

Seems strange that Sashas husband looks to be in charge now and if that's the case, am I forgetting a leaving storyline for Strickland?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    Another thought, anyone know if Strickland is coming back?
    Nothing on imdb, even though it shows that Amy Nuttall is definitely in another episode (for the wedding I presume).

Seems strange that Sashas husband looks to be in charge now and if that's the case, am I forgetting a leaving storyline for Strickland?

Forgot to say, I think it will be a great shame if he has left, but considering his closest 'friendship' was with Sandra, I suppose it's understandable.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor. A disappointment.

There was no humour.

Where was Strickland?:confused:

Thank goodness for the two Dennis.