Options

Bible Basher Strikes Again

2»

Comments

• Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    sahmraw wrote: »
    You know I'm a practicing christian; but I have got to the point of cringeing at Stephen and Alex. i think that the show is making a mockery of my religion so that people will laugh at our beliefs. They would not do this to a Muslim. Christians are fair game. But Steven IS preaching too much and I wish the others would tell him to drop it sometimes. I hate people who just preach for the sake of it. it dilutes the message and alienates people. Religion is a personal thing and prosletysing is a dreadful thing. Am I going to Hell now?

Then you have to blame BB for that and not Stephen per se.

BB got him on this show because they are the ones laughing in the face of religion, not Stephen.

This is what people don't understand about the whole theme this year. BB is ridiculing faith and christianity by putting someone like Stephen in there. Stephen himself might be thinking that he's doing good, but he is over the top.

That is what BB wanted. They knew that he was over the top, why else put him in there in the first place as a catalyst for every debate that's gone on?

Stephen is being used by BB, just as much as the other celebs are for what they bring to the table.

The only way to take this show is entertainment and nothing more. That includes Stephen's faith, even if he himself totally believes it.

If people get wrapped up in what Stephen says literally, then they have allowed BB to win. Because this show has never been about morality or doing good for their contestants. Past history of winners, never mind losers, is proof of that. They just want ratings and future advertising revenue.................end of.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate its not popular or politially correct to say this and indeed i would expect to be ridiculed but I know that I am in the palm of Gods hand every living breathing moment of my life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,850
    Forum Member
    I think he's funny the way he takes... ages.... to .....talk..... and pauses....when .... he speaks....

I have a growing affection for him though I know he's a fruit cake
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,850
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    I appreciate its not popular or politially correct to say this and indeed i would expect to be ridiculed but I know that I am in the palm of Gods hand every living breathing moment of my life.

well we all are then :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    valium wrote: »
    I think he's funny the way he takes... ages.... to .....talk..... and pauses....when .... he speaks....

I think he thinks it makes it more dramatic, haha.
  • Options
    Random42Random42 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anonyy wrote: »
    whos richard dawkins?

This bloke http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawkins
  • Options
    anonyyanonyy Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh yeah i'll have to read up about him more
  • Options
    anonyyanonyy Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valium wrote: »

yeah SLOWWWWWWWWWWWW!