Comments

• Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,108
    Forum Member
    I used to watch Worzel, but it gave me the creeps:eek:
  • Options
    guvner2009guvner2009 Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I used to watch this as a kid! My dad used to put it on for us alllllll the time! I loved it!

Um tbh im not sure if i did love it! Looking back now i think it scared me silly and i was forced to watch it! ahhhhh childhood memories!
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worzel was a legend & had one of the best theme tunes going.

Opening & Closing credits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdr0ZkiJyRY
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worzel was a legend & had one of the best theme tunes going.

Opening & Closing credits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdr0ZkiJyRY

Thanks for the link on those credits.

thats her name, who sadly died in 2000, Charlotte Coleman who played Sue, god bless her.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rob22 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link on those credits.

thats her name, who sadly died in 2000, Charlotte Coleman who played Sue, god bless her.....

Charlotte was a great actress, she was brilliant in Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit.

I don't know if you remember another children's tv character she played called Marmalade Atkins. That was on in the early to mid 80's. I didn't know her mum in real life played the neighbour called Sonia in Fresh Fields.
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlotte was a great actress, she was brilliant in Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit.

I don't know if you remember another children's tv character she played called Marmalade Atkins. That was on in the early to mid 80's. I didn't know her mum in real life played the neighbour called Sonia in Fresh Fields.

Cheers mate, didn't know that.

well I was born in 1982 - and I only remember programmes from about 1984-1985 onwards.

I have no recollection of the years 1982 and 1983, I still had a dummy in my mouth and was saying goo-goo-ga-ga.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rob22 wrote: »
    Cheers mate, didn't know that.

well I was born in 1982 - and I only remember programmes from about 1984-1985 onwards.

I have no recollection of the years 1982 and 1983, I still had a dummy in my mouth and was saying goo-goo-ga-ga.

As you were born in 82 you might not remember Fresh Fields then! I was born in 75 but I don't remember much about Worzel Gummidge apart from it gave me the creeps! I certainly don't remember particular episodes. I'm sure if I saw dvds of WG it would all come flooding back:eek:
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah, Educating Marmalade! Brilliant show!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    As you were born in 82 you might not remember Fresh Fields then! I was born in 75 but I don't remember much about Worzel Gummidge apart from it gave me the creeps! I certainly don't remember particular episodes. I'm sure if I saw dvds of WG it would all come flooding back:eek:

I wasn't born till 76, but I remember it very well, but did have a vhs recorder and watched the to death no doubt.
    I bought the dvds a few years back, and I still enjoy watching them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stjimmy wrote: »
    I wasn't born till 76, but I remember it very well, but did have a vhs recorder and watched the to death no doubt.
    I bought the dvds a few years back, and I still enjoy watching them.

I've seen clips of WG on youtube and it still gave me the creeps a bit! I don't know why but something about it makes my skin crawl:eek: But I still want to see the dvds, just to relive my young days, hopefully I'll remember something:D
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    I have vague memories of watching it as a kid. My brother used to have the original book it was based on.Didnt realise a pre Last Of The Summer Wine Sarah Thomas(Glenda) featured as well
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Worzel and Catweazle were the best two kids (and that's arguable, I know more adults at the time who watched both!) shows ever!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    essexpete wrote: »
    I have vague memories of watching it as a kid. My brother used to have the original book it was based on.Didnt realise a pre Last Of The Summer Wine Sarah Thomas(Glenda) featured as well

Yeah, also Babs Windsor, Mike Read, Connie Booth, Lorane Chase, Joan Sims, Billy Connolly, Beryl Reed.

Sarah Thomas played 2 characters, (waitress & housemaid).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Worzel and Catweazle were the best two kids (and that's arguable, I know more adults at the time who watched both!) shows ever!

I never saw catweazle, was a bit before my time, might have to get dvd's. heard alot of people say it was good.
  • Options
    Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    I used to watch this when it originally aired and it was creepy, but it used to be shown on a sunday evenings and I could never enjoy anything shown on a sunday evening because I was depressed knowing that I had school in the morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I used to watch this when it originally aired and it was creepy, but it used to be shown on a sunday evenings and I could never enjoy anything shown on a sunday evening because I was depressed knowing that I had school in the morning.

How true, there has been good stuff on Sunday nights over the years, but were ruined because it was the night before Monday morning...

Hale and pace, that's life, spitting image, the new statesman to name a few...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    Charlotte Coleman was also in 'Four Weddings & A Funeral', she played Scarlett.

We'd the Worzel Gummidge 45rpm single in our house when we were growing up.The b side (which I preferred) was called 'Who'd be a scarecrow' and Worzel would sadly refrain 'Not me'.:cry:
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked Worzel Gummidge when it was on all them years ago. I used to find it quite amusing the way he talked.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ria Vega wrote: »
    Charlotte Coleman was also in 'Four Weddings & A Funeral', she played Scarlett.

We'd the Worzel Gummidge 45rpm single in our house when we were growing up.The b side (which I preferred) was called 'Who'd be a scarecrow' and Worzel would sadly refrain 'Not me'.:cry:

Yeah, she died in 2001 from a massive asthma attack.