Options

doesnt anyone feel a little bad for cheryl?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
Forum Member
i do, they didnt really give it a chance to see if it worked out and if it was that evident there was a problem they would have known in the test they did.

the way it has been handled is the worse bit, if that happened to me id be fuming!

anyone else think the reason was because her and paula actually got along and didnt bitch like simon hoped?

Comments

• Options
    dolly12345dolly12345 Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its disgusting what theyre doing to people!
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for her but it isn't the end for her. It is terrible how they're playing with peoples lifes though. I also feel sorry for Matt and Kimberley, how could they tell them the day before filming they've been replaced?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    savo_404 wrote: »
    i do, they didnt really give it a chance to see if it worked out and if it was that evident there was a problem they would have known in the test they did.

the way it has been handled is the worse bit, if that happened to me id be fuming!

anyone else think the reason was because her and paula actually got along and didnt bitch like simon hoped?

Shes only got herself to blame thinking she can make it big in america. I think the fame things went straight to her head and she thought she was better than everyone!!!
  • Options
    wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    I do feel sorry for her; not because she was sacked, but because she was sacked so quickly. I almost feel that the US execs were humouring Cowell by giving her the job in the first place, and made sure they had a back up in Nicole. They gave her no time to find her feet in the job and could not seriously have developed opinions of her that they didn't already have.

I think Cowell was so infatuated with her, he thought she is as tough and arrogant as him - and she's not (is anyone?)

I do think she's right to walk away though - she could never have had any credibility at all if she'd meekly returned to the UK version
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    No, not in the slightest. I just don't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't, I do however feel sorry for true talent that is dismissed because they aren't pretty enough or know the right people etc.
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    She got paid 1.2 million for four days of sitting there saying "Sorry it's a no," or "I really likes ya!"

So no don't feel sorry for her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    I feel sorry for her but it isn't the end for her. It is terrible how they're playing with peoples lifes though. I also feel sorry for Matt and Kimberley, how could they tell them the day before filming they've been replaced?

I thought Kimberley declined the job to show her support for Cheryl?

Anyway, I feel sorry for her to a point but $2.1 million for two weeks' work is pretty nice consolation. ;) I know a lot of people who lost jobs and even homes, and nobody else got a deal like that. As they say, she can cry all the way to the bank (though will.i.am and Louis assure us she is fine and in good spirits).
  • Options
    luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

no :D:D
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When a US TV network pays you £1.2m to do a job they expect you to do it from day one.

The test (If there ever was one) would not be in a live situation with the actual other judges sat next to her.

They all have huge characters big egos and are very extrovert. I think once she was sat next to them the producers saw that she had none of these attributes and would just end up being intimidated and lost.

They gave her 4 days to prove them wrong - she didnt so she was out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for her too. I don't think it makes the US Factor people look very professional either as they would have known early on whether she was fitting in or not. So the publicness of it, the swiftness of it, is what I don't like and what makes me have sympathy for her. I'm still puzzled why Paula would be going all the way to Singapore to promote the Xfactor too, I don't understand the point of that to be honest. I wouldn't have taken the UK job either, I would have told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I would sack whatever idiot stylist dressed her up like a dog's dinner on that first day too. That was an embarrassment in itself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its really unfair that they didn't give Cheryl the chance to completly ruin the show, they are just evil. No.. they had to get rid of her at the beginning.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noorani wrote: »
    I feel sorry for her too. I don't think it makes the US Factor people look very professional either as they would have known early on whether she was fitting in or not. So the publicness of it, the swiftness of it, is what I don't like and what makes me have sympathy for her. I'm still puzzled why Paula would be going all the way to Singapore to promote the Xfactor too, I don't understand the point of that to be honest. I wouldn't have taken the UK job either, I would have told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I would sack whatever idiot stylist dressed her up like a dog's dinner on that first day too. That was an embarrassment in itself.

But this says everything about her We are told she is a fashion icon :)

So how come she couldn't see the problem for herself She should have just said "I'm not going out dressed like a reject from a tin of Quality Street full stop"

Is she incapable of making her own mind up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its really unfair that they didn't give Cheryl the chance to completly ruin the show, they are just evil. No.. they had to get rid of her at the beginning.

Hahaha! :D

One report said an unnamed Fox executive was on a 2-week trip to Europe and didn't get back to see the audition tapes until just before or just after the Chicago auditions--but that the dismissal was based on the Los Angeles audition tapes.

If true, it would mean she came thisclose to getting $2.1 million for ONE week's work.
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not until i have heard the truth, if we ever do :rolleyes:
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Feel sorry for her??

NO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noorani wrote: »
    I'm still puzzled why Paula would be going all the way to Singapore to promote the Xfactor too

Paula was in Singapore to help launch Universal Studios theme park, its second in Asia. Paula performed.

Here is a video of Paula talking about Simon and X-Factor and being asked about Cheryl Cole, then performing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chk5ji_ZXt4
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    She got paid 1.2 million for four days of sitting there saying "Sorry it's a no," or "I really likes ya!"

Exactly.

Some people on here wailing about ‘poor Cheryl’ when she has just earned more for 4 days work than many of her fans will earn in a lifetime.

Perspective people – perspective. There are far more things going on in the world that deserve your sympathy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    regardless of how rich she is i still feel sorry for her. She had the world in his hands and everything was taken away.

It was a quick introduction to the cruel and unsympathetic world of American tv.

Saying that, her money and status means shell never have to work again so i hope shes focusing on the positives and not negatives
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    regardless of how rich she is i still feel sorry for her. She had the world in his hands and everything was taken away.

It was a quick introduction to the cruel and unsympathetic world of American tv.

Saying that, her money and status means shell never have to work again so i hope shes focusing on the positives and not negatives

Millions of kids in Britain live below the poverty line and 500,000 kids a year die world wide of malaria because they don’t get 5 star hospital treatment.

There are plenty of other directions for your sympathy that are more worthy than Cheryl.
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »

:D neither do i some producer can sack me and say my clothes look shite, not good at my job and my hair looks like i have been dragged through a hedge backwards, if they give me £1.2million after;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »

There are plenty of other directions for your sympathy that are more worthy than Cheryl.

I dont have a sympathy quota or a sympathy limit.

Where I can only have sympathy for a select amount of people and have to prioritise those depending on their wealth and age.

And ild much rather you keep your "helpful" suggestions on who I should and shouldnt feel sorry for to yourself.
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My son starts a new job today. If he was shoved out after three days I would be highly annoyed and would find it unfair and disgusting. The reason being that he has left a good job to try and further himself.

If it was your own, you would feel bad.
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    :D neither do i some producer can sack me and say my clothes look shite, not good at my job and my hair looks like i have been dragged through a hedge backwards, if they give me £1.2million after;)

Is this the bit that really gets up the goat of those who slag the likes of Cheryl. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doesnt anyone feel a little bad for cheryl?

No sorry, has she once stood up to support Joe McElderry? No!