Options

So.....do you think Julie's scared of Jasmine?

Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hmmm. Is being "mum" a way to remain endearing and out of the firing line? Then she hides the rest of the time :p

One thing's for sure, if she's not afraid, and Jasmine stays, we'd better take cover because it's only going to take one disrespectful comment from her to Julie, to cause Nuclear fallout!

Comments

• Options
    TeekyPieTeekyPie Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Is being "mum" a way to remain endearing and out of the firing line? Then she hides the rest of the time :p

One thing's for sure, if she's not afraid, and Jasmine stays, we'd better take cover because it's only going to take one disrespectful comment from her to Julie, to cause Nuclear fallout!

I don't think so.

So far Jasmine has only 'attacked' people for being weak or ingenuine.
    - Danica for being deceitful about what her job entails (the truth in Jasmine's eyes being, that sex is involved) and acting all innocent and wholesome
    - Prince Lorenzo for being ingenuine in their heart-to-heart and pretending he understands her situation, then using a weak excuse to nominate her
    - Rhian using Ashley to survive eviction

Julie is neither weak or ingenuine so I think she'll be ok. I don't think she's scared of Jasmine, she strikes me as someone who has had experience with this kind of character (maybe her younger self or her daughter or something) and sees through the 'scaryness' to the sensitive, vulnerable inside and knows that the key is just to mother it.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Personally I think Jasmine has latched onto Julie because she sees Julie as a popular character. I think she has her wrapped round her little finger, to be honest :eek:
  • Options
    clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Julie being afraid of anyone!
  • Options
    Tequila_SunriseTequila_Sunrise Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeekyPie wrote: »
    I don't think so.

- Danica for being deceitful about what her job entails (the truth in Jasmine's eyes being, that sex is involved) and acting all innocent and wholesome
    - Prince Lorenzo for being ingenuine in their heart-to-heart and pretending he understands her situation, then using a weak excuse to nominate her

Julie is neither weak or ingenuine so I think she'll be ok. I don't think she's scared of Jasmine, she strikes me as someone who has had experience with this kind of character (maybe her younger self or her daughter or something) and sees through the 'scaryness' to the sensitive, vulnerable inside and knows that the key is just to mother it.

^^This^^
  • Options
    previewspreviews Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie, being an actress of long standing, knows where the storyline is and has placed herself right in the middle of it. Well done to her for making an effort to earn her fee rather than moping around until it's all over like so many of the "star" names have done in the past.
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think so.

Don't agree. Jasmine targets people for whatever weird reasons she wants, then claims to be attacking falseness as a means of taking the moral high ground.

The woman's a nasty piece of work. not entertaining at all, and it's a bit disturbing to think that people actually want to continue to watch her cracking up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't agree. Jasmine targets people for whatever weird reasions she wants, then claims to be attacking falseness as a means of taking the moral high ground.

The woman's a nasty piece of work. not entertaining at all, and it's a bit disturbing to think that people actually want to continue to watch her cracking up.

What motive would she have for picking on the 3 that she chose though, out of everyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For Julie is a case of "if you are afraid of your enemies, adopt them and tell them that you adore them."

It's all for airtime!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie's mothering of Jasmine has calmed her down on several occasions so she knows it works. I don't think she's scared of Jasmine but knows what happens to the atmosphere in the house when she has one of her irrational emotional explosions.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so.

Agree
  • Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    clara28 wrote: »
    I can't see Julie being afraid of anyone!

Why should she ... she has her dead friends protecting her ( :rolleyes: ) ... I'd be more worried about finding my marbles , if I were her .
  • Options
    macketymackety Posts: 4,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    Julie's mothering of Jasmine has calmed her down on several occasions so she knows it works. I don't think she's scared of Jasmine but knows what happens to the atmosphere in the house when she has one of her irrational emotional explosions.

True. I would also add Jasmine has been very careful to make sure Julie is not present when she strikes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What motive would she have for picking on the 3 that she chose though, out of everyone?

You're asking me to peek into the warped mind of a clearly insane woman. I can't, which is why I said 'weird reasons'. But, at a guess, Rhian because she's up against her, Danica because she's jealous of her, and Lorenzo because he nommed her. And I don't think it's any coincidence that all three are the lesser known ones with relatively little support. She's clinging onto Julie like a limpet, yet Julie is obviously hamming it up in general, and only suffering Jasmine to save more grief.
  • Options
    Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie would wipe the floor with her and then wring her through a mangle
  • Options
    shortyknickersshortyknickers Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so.

vidalia wrote: »

I agree with both these posts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice she has not taken more than a cursory swipe against Martin who also nommed her as she perceives he will be popular. It's the same with Julie!

That being said, whether Julie is "acting" or not, she does calm Jasmine down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are mostly all 'acting' - as we mostly tend to do when we are in the company of people we have not known very long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mandylou1 wrote: »
    Notice she has not taken more than a cursory swipe against Martin who also nommed her as she perceives he will be popular. It's the same with Julie!

That being said, whether Julie is "acting" or not, she does calm Jasmine down.

She had explicitly explained to Prince Lorenzo her situation, confided in him and made a bond with him, she thought
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she just tries to be a calming influence when she sees Jasmine go off on one. Trying to smother her with love so she'll stop throwing a tantrum, much like some mums do to their toddlers I guess. Hug the tantrum away ...lol Not sure it's working though.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she just tries to be a calming influence when she sees Jasmine go off on one. Trying to smother her with love so she'll stop throwing a tantrum, much like some mums do to their toddlers I guess. Hug the tantrum away ...lol Not sure it's working though.

It is what some mums do, many though would realise tough love is what is needed on occasions and let the toddler scream it out and learn to calm themselves down. Something Jasmine needs to learn IMO
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    previews wrote: »
    Julie, being an actress of long standing, knows where the storyline is and has placed herself right in the middle of it. Well done to her for making an effort to earn her fee rather than moping around until it's all over like so many of the "star" names have done in the past.

Ahh but by trying to be everything to everyone. she risks stretching herself to thin? Hotel owner/double entendre sharer to Julian, soap buddy to Cheryl, and "MILF" or "GILF" to John, I mean Harvey! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had explicitly explained to Prince Lorenzo her situation, confided in him and made a bond with him, she thought

She tought she had ensured he wouldn't nom her. When he did, and her plan failed, she couldn't deal with it.
  • Options
    Kopite1763Kopite1763 Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member

Maybe because they are the three least known to the GBP.
    I mean Martin Kemp nominated her, but she hasn't said "Boo" to him. Is it because she knows he is well known, and well liked?
  • Options
    Kopite1763Kopite1763 Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    While I appreciate that Julie does calm Jasmine down, I can't help feeling, Julie is not helping Jasmine in the long run.
    I noticed Julie said, "while we're in this house I'm adopting you" - is she going to drop her like a hot potato when they leave (with no cameras around)?

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I can't help feeling it's all a bit of an act with Julie,

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, who knows :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kopite1763 wrote: »
    While I appreciate that Julie does calm Jasmine down, I can't help feeling, Julie is not helping Jasmine in the long run.
    I noticed Julie said, "while we're in this house I'm adopting you" - is she going to drop her like a hot potato when they leave (with no cameras around)?

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I can't help feeling it's all a bit of an act with Julie,

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, who knows :confused:

How long is 'the long run'? It's unlikely Jasmine is going to be in there for much longer and I think Jasmine will have forgotten Julie before she leaves Borehamwood. I doubt Julie will mind very much if she doesn't send her a Christmas card.