Tamera overrated

Comments

• lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest it wont make a jot of difference if she does'nt win as she is a dead cert to get a recording contract.

Too right , she could leave the competition tonight and still potentially out sell the eventual winner
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamera is a decent vocalist, but I agree with the title, she is vastly overrated. Certainly nowhere near Leona or Alexandra as many keep suggesting she is.

She's more on an Ella/TreyC/Rachel A. level. I can see her doing OK after the show, but for me, she doesn't have the star quality of previous contestants.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very OP, personally prefer and think Hannah's better :)
  • supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I know you didn't mention Alex, I decided to mention her. Laura was a good singer especially when she did Fallin' but she lacked something - just my opinion (but I did like Laura). All I'm saying to you is that Tamera has years ahead of her in comparison to some. Obviously we will judge her on the year she auditioned, that's obvious. Leona and Rebecca have very distinct vocals but I disagree about Laura but each to their own. I'm a big Leona and Rebecca fan BTW

fair enough although have you heard Laura's own material? cos it was far better than anything she did on the show, I actually wasn't crazy about her until a year after she was on the show. And for the record I do still think Tamera could and should win, I just think she needs to be more adventurous with both her song choices and arrangements in order to merit credibility.
  • ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she had a very loud backing track to enhance her vocals, great camera work and camera angles and good song choices to suit her mediocre voice.
    Plus we keep being told that she "has potential" and "is a ready made pop-star" by a show desperate for her to win so it must be true.

Let's not forget that she goes to church (all the time) and loves her nan. Seriously, she's such an angel I don't know how she had time to make those boasts about drug taking

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/x-factor-tamera-foster-drug-2244573

or beat up school girls

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2411030/X-Factor-star-Tamera-Foster-threatened-teenager-attacking-high-drugs-Gravesend.html

or cheat on her boyfriend

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factor-tamera-foster-dumped-2365934

or go shoplifting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2466756/X-Factor-contestant-Tamera-Foster-grovels-bosses-shes-caught-shoplifting-make-up.html

I'm sure instead we'll be told that she's being targeted by on-line bullies and "is being brave". Or she'll have an estranged parent who she'll cry over, just as the cameras get close enough to pick up any tears.

Pretty much the same script the same show for Little Fix and that worked wonders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a decent singer but people are treating her like she's the next best thing which she's not, I'm guessing she's getting some of this praise because of her age but Hannah is just a little older and I think she is a far stronger singer then Tamera

To be honest I think sam b is stronger then both
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Convict wrote: »
    I think she is capable of everything Alexandra Burke is, and I say that as someone who thinks she's a good performer. You need lots of things to make a star - voice, image, looks, attitude and a bit of luck. Tamera has ticks in alot of boxes so far. That doesn't mean she's a certain winner or certain star, but she could well be.

The ones I think are over-rated are rough copy. I was highly impressed last week, but last night was very poor. We'll see what next few weeks bring but I suspect they could be all image and no substance.

Alexandra doesn't forget her words, and by week 2 of the live shows had already shown way more performance ability than Tamera.

Tamera has been quite boring so far, and her dodgy past (and present) is going to bring her down. She's a good vocalist but not amazing, I haven't seen a wow vocal performance from her whereas Leona and Alex had already delivered several by this stage in the competition. I feel like Tamera is being hyped too much, and sooner rather than later, it will all come crashing down.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Alexandra doesn't forget her words, and by week 2 of the live shows had already shown way more performance ability than Tamera.

Tamera has been quite boring so far, and her dodgy past (and present) is going to bring her down. She's a good vocalist but not amazing, I haven't seen a wow vocal performance from her whereas Leona and Alex had already delivered several by this stage in the competition. I feel like Tamera is being hyped too much, and sooner rather than later, it will all come crashing down.

Tamera is a star. End of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't work like that. She may well win the competition, but until she takes the competition seriously, she will not win everyone over. She has a lot to learn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In your opinion.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an air of entitlement about her that will be tough to shake off. She ticks a lot of boxes for sure (although her voice is far from the best), but broad likeability isn't one of them and that's a biggy.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an air of entitlement about her that will be tough to shake off. She ticks a lot of boxes for sure (although her voice is far from the best), but broad likeability isn't one of them and that's a biggy.

Tamera is the outstanding star of the competition, and other than Hannah there is no one to compete with her.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamera is the outstanding star of the competition, and other than Hannah there is no one to compete with her.
    TBH you're coming across almost like a spam bot that doesn't take in anyone's replies. It's a popularity contest as much as singing (if not more so judging by past winners) and she does not come across as likeable at all. Major hurdle to overcome.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    supersnake wrote: »
    fair enough although have you heard Laura's own material? cos it was far better than anything she did on the show, I actually wasn't crazy about her until a year after she was on the show. And for the record I do still think Tamera could and should win, I just think she needs to be more adventurous with both her song choices and arrangements in order to merit credibility.

I did hear Laura's material after XF and it's OK. On record, Tamera should win but I think it will be Nicholas who is going on
  • GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both hannah and Sam b are vastly superior to her
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    She is by far the best contestant this year. If that means that she is 'overrated' then so be it.
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    supersnake wrote: »
    Tamera IS a good singer and definitely has the potential to go on to have some success in the real world however I agree she's far from being unique or amazing. For me previous acts like Leona, Laura White and Rebecca Ferguson have voices that REALLY brought something new to the music industry (rebecca in particular) however I wouldn't put Tamera up there with them. I think because the talent is generally so mundanely average this year, someone like Tamera seems to be amazing by comparison when in fact she just happens to be one of the better ones in an unimpressive group.

Your post makes a lot of sense. Definitely a case of best of a bad bunch. Actually, thinking about it she not even the best.
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She won't win. She's got no likeability, and her voice is good, but it's not amazing enough to overshadow her personality. This might be a singing contest, but people won't vote for people they don't like.

I agree, though last night is the first time I've thought she sang well. It doesn't help that I can't stand those Wineyesque warblers; not even the good ones. To make things worse, Tamera played the religion card this week, adding to the catalogue of things I find unpleasant about her.
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    She is by far the best contestant this year. If that means that she is 'overrated' then so be it.

Now that Shelly's gone I'd suggest that Tamera is in the running for worst contestant; though there is some stiff competition for that position.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is overrated too, good singer but nothing unique about her. She certainly isn't at the level of Leona and Alexandra imo.
    Convict wrote: »
    I think she is capable of everything Alexandra Burke is, and I say that as someone who thinks she's a good performer. You need lots of things to make a star - voice, image, looks, attitude and a bit of luck. Tamera has ticks in alot of boxes so far. That doesn't mean she's a certain winner or certain star, but she could well be.

The ones I think are over-rated are rough copy. I was highly impressed last week, but last night was very poor. We'll see what next few weeks bring but I suspect they could be all image and no substance.

I think its way to early to say that, she hasn't shown she is anywhere near Alexandra in terms of performance, Alexandra was a great dancer too and really worked the stage, so far all Tamera has done is walked around a little.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only week 2 at the moment - she may have more than offer. Having said that, she shouldn't be compared to Leona and Alex (these two are on another level) but I will say with given time she'll be better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I think she is overrated too, good singer but nothing unique about her. She certainly isn't at the level of Leona and Alexandra imo.

I think its way to early to say that, she hasn't shown she is anywhere near Alexandra in terms of performance, Alexandra was a great dancer too and really worked the stage, so far all Tamera has done is walked around a little.
    It's only week 2 at the moment - she may have more than offer. Having said that, she shouldn't be compared to Leona and Alex (these two are on another level) but I will say with given time she'll be better

I agree with these posts. Tamera fans really need to stop hyping her up to levels she can't reach. Ella's fans did the same with the "oh she's better than Leona", but it would take a lot to surpass those two and neither Ella or Tamera has it.

Tamera is a good vocalist, but she's average, she hasn't shown any performance ability yet, and her vocals are sometimes shaky. I'm not convinced she has the star quality, and certainly not on the levels Leona and Alex did.
  • ZuttoZutto Posts: 2,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of vocals she's one of the better singers in the competition, as well as being the youngest. In terms of stage charisma, looks and image she is miles in front of every other contestant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I agree with these posts. Tamera fans really need to stop hyping her up to levels she can't reach. Ella's fans did the same with the "oh she's better than Leona", but it would take a lot to surpass those two and neither Ella or Tamera has it.

Tamera is a good vocalist, but she's average, she hasn't shown any performance ability yet, and her vocals are sometimes shaky. I'm not convinced she has the star quality, and certainly not on the levels Leona and Alex did.

But there is potential in her, which is why we need to give a bit of time. In my opinion, she shouldn't have got through this year - I wanted her to wait 2 years and come back again and then I reckon she'll be pretty strong vocally. I remember Alex in 2005 and even though she was good I didn't think she was strong enough but when she came back in 2008 and did her audition I knew she was the winner!! I don't want to compare her to Alex or Leona but I hope you understand what I'm actually saying here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But there is potential in her, which is why we need to give a bit of time. In my opinion, she shouldn't have got through this year - I wanted her to wait 2 years and come back again and then I reckon she'll be pretty strong vocally. I remember Alex in 2005 and even though she was good I didn't think she was strong enough but when she came back in 2008 and did her audition I knew she was the winner!! I don't want to compare her to Alex or Leona but I hope you understand what I'm actually saying here

She has some potential, but even then I just can't see her getting up to that kind of level. Alexandra wanted it and made sure she came back 1000x better than before. Even on the first live show she pushed herself by dancing and singing live. As someone else said, all Tamera has done in the two weeks so far is walk around. Alex worked her ass off in those 3 years, singing at bars, clubs, charity tours, weddings anywhere she could.

Tamera got through her audition on a shoestring after forgetting her words and what does she do? Walks straight into Boots and tries to shoplift make-up items. She may have some potential, but I don't think she takes it seriously or has the right attitude at all. Vocally, I don't think she's outstanding either. Just good. I think an exit from the show could be the wake-up call Tamera desperately needs because I'm not convinced she's ready for this at all.