Options

Songs that make you feel christmassy that isnt even about christmas

jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What songs make you feel like its Christmas but isn't about even about Christmas whatsoever? I've got loads
  • JLS - Do You Feel What I feel - think its because the video was released about Xmas 2011 and its snowing and the boys are snow fighting in it
  • Steps - Say You'll be Mine / Love's Got a Hold of my Heart - Reminds me of xmas 98 and my sister got their album for xmas and i remember them 2 songs playing on xmas day
  • Luther Vandross - Dance with my father. Joe McElderry sang it on x factor final 09 and all of that xmas i played it whilst crying as it reminded mew of my godfather
  • Cher - Believe. Reminds me of xmas 98 as well when it was playing constantly on tv
  • Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock. I first heard it few days before xmas 2010 and was played constantly throughout that xmas. i was ill that xmas so doesnt bring good memories but hey lol
  • Toploader - Dancing in the Moonlight. absolutely no idea why lol just got a christmassy feel to it

There's probably loads more but cant think of any more at the minute

Comments

• Options
    bob187bob187 Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do You Feel What I Feel samples Do You Hear What I Hear, which is a Christmas song, so really doesn't count.

Anyway, to answer your question, Frankie Goes to Hollywood's The Power of Love, always seems to get dragged out at Christmas.
  • Options
    Janey BJaney B Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    S Club 7 - Never Had A Dream Come True

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8E15HNlc-M
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the non-Christmas-related former Christmas number ones that get pulled out every year! The East 17 one always seems to be on the Christmas compilation albums, even though it's not very Christmassy in the slightest except for the bells at the end..
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    East 17/thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Janey B wrote: »

That is a bit Christmassy, isnt it?

East 17 was my first thought too.
  • Options
    constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sing To The Moon by Laura Mvula feels really festive even though it was released back in February!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6B-bGGMaF0

The whole album is really quite festive actually! Must be the bells!

She also reminds me of Christmas because that's when I first heard it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J7DbO56QOI
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    bob187 wrote: »

Anyway, to answer your question, Frankie Goes to Hollywood's The Power of Love, always seems to get dragged out at Christmas.

That's the first one I thought of. No mention of Christmas anywhere in the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdnAbtIF3YM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    That is a bit Christmassy, isnt it?

East 17 was my first thought too.

Yes but snow doesn't just come at Christmas does it? ;)
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cliff Richard - Saviour's Day, not a mention of santa or Christmas presents but still gets played :confused::confused:
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob187 wrote: »
    Anyway, to answer your question, Frankie Goes to Hollywood's The Power of Love

This was the first song I thought of too.

Also, 2 Become 1 - Spice Girls has been played non-stop on the Christmas music channels this week. I'd forgotten how much I love that song.

And their other Christmas no. 1s - Too Much and Goodbye
  • Options
    bob187bob187 Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stay another day has Christmassy type bells in it, which were intentionally put into the final mix as they planned to release it as a Christmas single.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janey B wrote: »
    S Club 7 - Never Had A Dream Come True

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8E15HNlc-M

Yes that does for me. Also S Club 7- You're My Number One, which was released around christmas the year before.

Also, Spice Girls- 2 become 1.

Girls Aloud- Call the shots.
  • Options
    squirtlesquirtle Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    That's the first one I thought of. No mention of Christmas anywhere in the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdnAbtIF3YM

To be fair, the official Frankie video does have a full-on, all bells and whistles, nativity going on. Can't get much more Christmassy than that :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShN8UIk5-mw
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    What songs make you feel like its Christmas but isn't about even about Christmas whatsoever? I've got loads
    • JLS - Do You Feel What I feel - think its because the video was released about Xmas 2011 and its snowing and the boys are snow fighting in it
    • Steps - Say You'll be Mine / Love's Got a Hold of my Heart - Reminds me of xmas 98 and my sister got their album for xmas and i remember them 2 songs playing on xmas day
    • Luther Vandross - Dance with my father. Joe McElderry sang it on x factor final 09 and all of that xmas i played it whilst crying as it reminded mew of my godfather
    • Cher - Believe. Reminds me of xmas 98 as well when it was playing constantly on tv
    • Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock. I first heard it few days before xmas 2010 and was played constantly throughout that xmas. i was ill that xmas so doesnt bring good memories but hey lol
    • Toploader - Dancing in the Moonlight. absolutely no idea why lol just got a christmassy feel to it

There's probably loads more but cant think of any more at the minute

Funny that, I always found that to be more of a summer anthem.
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See the day by girls aloud mainly because the video is really festive I think

Goodbye by spice girls

Diamonds by Rihanna-was played a lot last Christmas
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but you lot all seem to be quite young, going by your choices ( all from the past 25 years or so) so my choices will probably baffle you, but I've got LOADS. :)

I Hear You Knocking- Dave Edmunds
    Softly Whispering I Love You - The Congregation
    I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing - New Seekers
    The Theme From "Shaft" - Isaac Hayes
    Lily The Pink - Scaffold
    Grandad - Clive Dunn
    Breaking Down The Walls Of Heartache - Bandwagon

I do have a couple from more recent times as well.
    "Everything She Wants" by Wham was a double A side with "Last Christmas" and was by far the better of the two, so it got more airplay at the time."Last Christmas " was hardly ever heard on the radio and TOTP always played "Everything She Wants" so that one really reminds me of Christmas.

And another one is "Don't You Want Me" by The Human League ( Christmas number 1 in 1981 )
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    squirtle wrote: »
    To be fair, the official Frankie video does have a full-on, all bells and whistles, nativity going on. Can't get much more Christmassy than that :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShN8UIk5-mw

Yes, I know but there's nothing in the song itself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Cyndi Lauper, All Through The Night.

It was playing in Littlewoods or Lewis's, as I queued up for Santa's Grotto.

I was only... uhhh..... twenty-five! :D Nah, about seven or eight probs. Just sounds like Christmas Eve!
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - The Power of Love - Gabrielle Aplin (big favourite!)
    - Spice Girls - 2 Become 1/Goodbye/Too Much
    - Alexandra Burke - Hallelujah
    - Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    - The Power of Love - Gabrielle Aplin (big favourite!)
    - Spice Girls - 2 Become 1/Goodbye/Too Much
    - Alexandra Burke - Hallelujah
    - Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This

to be honest All x factor's winner singles feels Christmassy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, mentioned it on my Spotify thread, but another song that reminds me of Christmas when I was little...

Status Quo - Marguerita Time.

1983, blimey, I'd've been six, awwwww. :p
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mad World - Gary Jules
    Mr Blobby - Mr Blobby (why does no-one play this anymore, even at Christmas :confused:)
    Stan - Eminem
    It probably helps that Mad World and Mr Blobby actually were Christmas No. 1s and Stan was a contender.
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    Cliff Richard - Saviour's Day, not a mention of santa or Christmas presents but still gets played :confused::confused:
    LOL :p
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    My Heart Takes Over - The Saturdays