Options

Chelsea Vs Man City, Who do you want to win in the FA Cup?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Bollocks, the FA Cup runners-up go into Europe don't they? I was thinking of what they said about the Capital One Cup last week. That's so shite. We were stuffed as soon as the draw as made... :(

Well, anyone but Arsenal then. Even Wigan to beat them in the semi....
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,050
    Forum Member
    Well now I want Arsenal to reach the final... but beyond that, I need more information.

If Everton finish 7th, I want Arsenal to win the Cup so we get the last European place. If we finish 6th, then come on Hull/Sheffield United! :D

Arsenal winning the cup wouldn't open up a Europa League place for finishing 7th. It'd go to the beaten finalists, like when Stoke qualified a couple years back.

Edit - just seen your post above ;-)
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,484
    Forum Member
    True, but they're better than Wigan. In my opinion.

We did steam roll Wigan once this season at least.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone with half a heart wants Sheffield United to win it. They've done brilliantly to get to the semis.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Arsenal winning the cup wouldn't open up a Europa League place for finishing 7th. It'd go to the beaten finalists, like when Stoke qualified a couple years back.

Yeah, I just realised that... :confused:

I was getting confused with last week's final, where they said Sunderland would only qualify if they won it. For some reason, I thought they'd changed the rule to that for the FA Cup, but they obviously haven't. I guess it was just something I read on here! :blush: