Options

Can Germany spank Argentina in the final?

2»

Comments

• Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love it for the Germans to rip them a new one.

Unfortunately I'm expecting Argentina to drag the game into a war of attrition and nick it by the odd goal.
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I don't think they will, Argentina are pretty good defensively now. Could see them frustrating Germany if anything.
  • Options
    DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to go for a 4-1 Germany win.
  • Options
    ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feel unconfident about reading these responses - because thinking about placing a bet on William Hill. What team should I bet on do you think?
  • Options
    snukrsnukr Posts: 19,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have prefered a Germany - Netherlands final as I feel over all those have been the best two teams in this tournament.

Germany should win, but it will be close, they won't score at will like they did against Brazil.

If Argentina win it will be the first time they've won the World Cup without cheating, like they did against Peru in 1978 and the "hand of God" in 1986.
  • Options
    DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    If Argentina win it will be the first time they've won the World Cup without cheating, like they did against Peru in 1978 and the "hand of God" in 1986.

Unless Messi scores the winning goal with his hand.
  • Options
    ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Germany are so 'machine-like'. You never know what Messi can do though.
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chilisauce wrote: »
    Argentina have a tight defence so I don't think there'll be a spanking. 2-0 to Germany maybe.

How about the Dutch tonight. Do you reckon they'll hand out another whipping for Brazil?

Although of course we now know that Holland won by a good margin, I actually thought before the game that Holland could not afford to go down to the same team that their European rivals had so soundly routed. Holland could not allow that to happen otherwise their own reputation would have gone through the mill. In any case no way could the Brazil team pull itself sufficiently together in such a short space of time.