Options

tivo not starting up

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
Forum Member
my tivo wont start and now shows a light sequence i have not seen before, which is:

green red green red red

I have tried a couple of re-boots but no luck. CS say its completely off line and tried sending a signal to it, but no joy. It will say starting up when you reboot but will stick at the Starting up screen and not progress any further. HDD seems to click on reboot too which doesnt sound good!

I am worried I will lose my recordings :-(

Any ideas on what wrong and what that light sequence means?

Comments

• Options
    Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my tivo wont start and now shows a light sequence i have not seen before, which is:

green red green red red

I have tried a couple of re-boots but no luck. CS say its completely off line and tried sending a signal to it, but no joy. It will say starting up when you reboot but will stick at the Starting up screen and not progress any further. HDD seems to click on reboot too which doesnt sound good!

Post your question here http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/bd-p/Tivo one of the admin will reply to you and will be able to help
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    I would prepare for that possibility :(
  • Options
    dwarfofpoisondwarfofpoison Posts: 76
    Forum Member

To be absolutely honest I have no idea what's wrong with your box but exactly the same thing happened to my box. unfortunately an engineers visit generally results in a box swap.

However after the dreaded engineers visit and I lost everything, recordings (100+ hours), thumbs, series links. I found an untimely post that said "try rebooting the box without the hdmi cable attached". It probably won't do a dam thing but i was gutted to read it after losing everything, so at the very least it's worth a go.

Although losing your recordings is so very painful there is now a way to rescue your settings (series link, thumbs & wishlists)

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=62969&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable
  • Options
    dwarfofpoisondwarfofpoison Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I'm so sorry. nobody wants a post like mine (long after the horse has bolted) be rest assured it probably is a load of tosh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    box swap = all recordings gone!

Oh well fresh start!