Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I don't get the paying less because of no cooked breakfast. The non cooked breakfast was hardly lacking in food and it seemed pretty good quality.

They just used that as an excuse to underpay. If it wasn't the breakfast it would have been something else.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    They just used that as an excuse to underpay. If it wasn't the breakfast it would have been something else.

Suppose so.
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theid wrote: »
    On this basis I would vote down any establishment not offering fresh fruit and juice, yogurt and a continental breakfast and wouldn't return to any B & B in Blackpool on principle.
    Well said!

And as for Blackpool :rolleyes:... does every b&b subject its guests to cross-dressing Shirley Bassey wanabees? I can't be alone in not giving a stuff about long nails (yuk) fancy alter egos and spangly, female personas... It's a b&b: I'm booking a comfy, clean room with a good mattress (+ bedding!) and ensuite with a nice brekkie which doesn't have to be the full English... I'm absolutely not booking in the hopes of encountering a Z-list cabaret act. Muppets.

Local Blackpool sausages, indeed... yeah: cheap and not what they seem. :D

Yes Mutter, all partly loo rolls get used up by us - they're straight out of the loo roll holders so minimal chance of mucky guest fingers having been up the rolls... one has to consider these things when recycling... :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    Local Blackpool sausages, indeed... yeah: cheap and not what they seem. :D

Just like the owners. :D
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Evening.
    I think I can see the way this is going.

How can you pay based on what you charge when you're in a totally different location?

Very true and with no logic whatsoever with regards their 'explanation' as to why they did this at the first place when they paid the next place its asking price despite it being around 2 1/2 times what they charge! :mad:
    daisydee wrote: »
    Not surprised - Dave Lamb's once funny narration is so manic now, it must drive viewers away in droves. It drove me away. :cry:

Me too! CDWM used to brilliant in the early days, then suddenly his commentary style went totally ballistic and OTT, ruining the show in the process.
  • Options
    TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those sausages look exactly the same as the ones I dish up most Saturdays. I have to provide food for 30 odd hungry men and as it normally comes out of my pocket I go cheap. £2.55 for a bag of 50 frozen sausages from the wholesalers popped into a fresh roll with a variety of sauces offered, I've never had a complaint but they're free so why would they.
    I do however use much better quality ones for those that I sell with chips etc.
    If I was one of the other contestants I would actually phone round all the local butchers just to prove they were lieing :o
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tylersnan wrote: »
    Those sausages look exactly the same as the ones I dish up most Saturdays. I have to provide food for 30 odd hungry men and as it normally comes out of my pocket I go cheap. £2.55 for a bag of 50 frozen sausages from the wholesalers popped into a fresh roll with a variety of sauces offered, I've never had a complaint but they're free so why would they.
    If I was one of the other contestants I would actually phone round all the local butchers just to prove they were lieing :o

That is probably a bit strong, I think they were just telling porkies.:D
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

Haha I'd be tempted too, the lying swines.
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Snigger. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »

Well they certainly weren't eating them. :D
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I can't stop laughing about it, going to be even worse watching them tonight, with that in the back of my mind, I'll be sniggering.

It's hilarious because what really does a swinger look like? It would be hard to define but I absolutely agree that they do look like swingers, I wonder what it is:confused:

What about these 2 and on row 6 are the Blackpool two

https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=H0xYUsThG4y2hAf6zIHICg&ved=0CIABELAE&biw=1366&bih=596&dpr=1&q=jacqueline%20and%20donald%20swingers%20benidorm
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ......... I have to provide food for 30 odd hungry men and as it normally comes out of my pocket I go cheap..............

You're in a ménage a trente-et-une? Must be ... interesting ... but a bit tiring. But what's odd about the men? :)

Seriously, though, I think one problem with the show is the going rate for B&B in places like Blackpool. In the show, it's fair that the proprietors of such a place should compare the price of other B&Bs to their own. If they can provide what looked like a perfectly good place for £50 a night, what value should they put on a place which charges £130 a night?
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the nicest sausages I’ve had recently have been the Lidl Milton Gate pork and apple ones… and I’m very fussy about my sausages.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    I have just caught up with this and didn't understand a comment made by Justin.

He compered Stacey and Spencer's rooms to Harri and Claire underpaying them by I think £5 but they had not even stayed there so how did he know that :confused:

I thought the money went into the envelope on the day they stayed at the B&B's :confused::confused:

Glad they the 3 couples vented their views at the ones who one. They played a nasty game :(
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Some of the nicest sausages I’ve had recently have been the Lidl Milton Gate pork and apple ones… and I’m very fussy about my sausages.

I have the very same ones in my fridge but mine are Bramley apple, ever the snob.

Back in the day before clique-gate, being fussy about sausages would have scored numerous innuendo filled replies.

Things always change for the worse.:(
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flabby_Gut wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is a Come Dine Thread or has that died like the show?

That ginger "bodybuilder" this week and his cringeworthy photos have to put him up there with the biggest tools in the show's history!
    I'm surprised no one's been poisoned on CDWM. This week the body builder massaged crab mayo with his bare hands through a sieve. Then he went on to make chocolate mousse with cream and stored them on the top shelf of the fridge next to raw duck breasts, neither dishes were even covered.
  • Options
    Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I have just caught up with this and didn't understand a comment made by Justin.

He compered Stacey and Spencer's rooms to Harri and Claire underpaying them by I think £5 but they had not even stayed there so how did he know that :confused:

I thought the money went into the envelope on the day they stayed at the B&B's :confused::confused:

Glad they the 3 couples vented their views at the ones who one. They played a nasty game :(

He compared the room Stacey and Spencer had at Harry and Claire`s to the one they stayed in at Harry and Claire`s not at Stacey and Spencer`s B&B.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What dirty game players they are. Out to win, at any cost and the cheap sausage sealed the deal. Another pair who can dish it out but can't take it. How can anyone be so vindictive ?
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up, what a nasty pair ! I kept saying to my husband they would all regret being so friendly come the end of the week but never expected to be proved quite so thoroughly right.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I find this show is ruined by the game players underpaying everyone while being super friendly all the way through.

As has been suggested before, they should only be allowed to rate each other as being first second or third in terms of value offered...... That takes the option to underpay and ensure their own win away from the others

The US version of "Four Weddings" changed their format from the competing brides awarding points out of 10 to each category to doing the 1st, 2nd 3rd in the dress, venue and food categories, and only allowed to give points for the "overall experience" category.... Ended up with a much fairer set of scores they get 10 points for a first, 6 for a second and four for a third.... And the game players influence on the result is much less.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Just caught up, what a nasty pair ! I kept saying to my husband they would all regret being so friendly come the end of the week but never expected to be proved quite so thoroughly right.

I couldn't believe how viciously they tuned on their "friends" because of a flaming sausage.Their attitude, even in the car going there, stank! Then negativity all the way to ensure their hollow victory. I hope they are proud of their petty, spiteful behaviour. How on earth did they win the other awards with their attitude? Oh of course no-one else will ever have criticised them in any way.:D
  • Options
    Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The irony is they probably would have won anyway as their B&B was worth £50.00, instead they ended up with a hollow victory and a lot of peeded off B&B owners.
    I even felt a bit sorry for Stacey who seemed to have learned a hard lesson in trusting people.
    Was waiting for it to "all kick off" with bated breath but was disappointed.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,708
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Seriously, though, I think one problem with the show is the going rate for B&B in places like Blackpool. In the show, it's fair that the proprietors of such a place should compare the price of other B&Bs to their own. If they can provide what looked like a perfectly good place for £50 a night, what value should they put on a place which charges £130 a night?

It's just a complete cop out isn't it.

Sad as I am I wanted to dig deeper into the Blackpool Sausage ;)
    (that suit you Hoppy?) :D

Found this - named the Seaside Sausage...
    http://www.lancashireandblackpool.com/xsdbimgs/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20Blackpool%20Breakfast%20Experience%20guidelines%281%29.pdf

I was wondering if someone had taken the initiative to manufacture and market a sausage that would appeal to a majority of guest house proprietors.
    I think the comment the lads got was that it wasn't to the guest's taste but was good for the price - and ultimately it's all about costings isn't it.

The week before last when we were away the breakfast consisted of
    fresh fruit salad, frozen berry mix, yoghurts, pastries and juice. Then the cooked breakfast was 2 eggs, 3 rashers of good bacon, 2 excellent (huge) Cumberland sausages, mushrooms, black pudding, hash brown, baked beans and tinned tomatoes - with toast and hot drinks.
    We both declined several items, but still got presented with full plates, such a shame I really couldn't manage it all.
    And what a waste, I felt a bit embarrassed and sorry about it.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I.............
    The week before last when we were away the breakfast consisted of
    fresh fruit salad, frozen berry mix, yoghurts, pastries and juice. Then the cooked breakfast was 2 eggs, 3 rashers of good bacon, 2 excellent (huge) Cumberland sausages, mushrooms, black pudding, hash brown, baked beans and tinned tomatoes - with toast and hot drinks..............

I hope you're going to tell us where this was!

It's like bad reviews on trip advisor which finish up "we walked out, and found a marvellous place two streets away at half the price". They never tell you where. :)
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I agree that the winners were very underhand when quite honestly for the price they asked, they were the rightful winners for value for money.

The drag queen act seems mandatory for these type of reality shows and wouldn't surprise anyone as they thought they would.

I certainly wouldn't want to go to theirs as I like to do my own thing and not have in your face, look at me hosts.

A shame they couldn't play nicely and win on their own merits rather than underhand methods.

As for a cooked breakfast, when I am away, it is lovely for the first couple of days and then a continental brekkie is quite enough, so really I would like a choice.
This discussion has been closed.