Options

Colourful or clear Christmas tree lights?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
Forum Member
Which do you prefer?

Comments

• Options
    Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    Clear.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    This year I'll be putting up mostly coloured lights. Blue would have to be my favourite.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Clear, by a country mile.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    We have Fiber Optic Trees but the window and rope lights are coloured.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I've got a fibre optic tree now, but I have always had clear lights before.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    We have both
  • Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always had clear up to a couple of years ago and swapped to coloured for a change.

Fell in love with some coloured ones in john lewis at the weekend but they were £25 for 100 bulbs, I would want at least two sets so sensible head made me walk away.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is precisely the question that keeps me awake at night, at the top of the Christmas tree.
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clear / white lights. I think colourful ones look tacky (just my opinion).
  • Options
    mintoemintoe Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer clear ^_^
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like both so have coloured lights on the tree in the front room and clear lights on the tree in the back room.

The front room tree is not colour themed, it'll have a mish mash of decorations on it so the coloured lights look best. The back room tree is colour themed to match the decor so clear lights work best on that.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strips of flashing LEDs.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer old fashioned, clear, warm fairy lights. I dont like leds or these new white lights (which look very cold and harsh and bluey to me).

I dont mind coloured lights in some circumstances.
  • Options
    SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer sort of warm yellow-y lights. Not clear, and definitely not coloured because I think they either look tacky or childish.

Or at least, they do when I use them. I am not gifted when it comes to using colours or decorating so tend to go with plainer things which are easier to get right!
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to think coloured look tacky but I prefer them now.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warm white traditional for me. Coloured is gloriously tacky though. Very inviting and christmassy.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    As others have said each person has their own opinion.

I feel clear/white looks cheap dull and boring I'd sooner pay 2-3X as much for coloured ones
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Multi coloured. Always had coloured ones at home. In my flat now my flat mate refused to have anything but white. Hated it. Totally un-Christmassy. Managed to bring him round to coloured ones a couple of years ago. :D
    For some reason I hate just the blue ones I see about.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which do you prefer?
    I've been pondering this very important question myself these last few days. We have plain ones but I was considering coloured ones for a change - they only cost £1 for a string of them (battery powered) which is all I need for my 2' tree :D I could use both, that's an option :D
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Warm white. Colored is horrid, often in grotty pubs
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Candles, real ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Either clear or multi coloured but it depends what kind of baubles are on the tree.
    I don't like the coloured ones that are all one colour though.
  • Options
    mintoemintoe Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Candles, real ones.

but what are you putting on your tree though?
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love both, but if I had to choose one I'd choose multi-coloured. We have multi-coloured lights on our big tree (also with a decoration on pretty much every branch... and I absolutely adore our tree!), but white lights on the little tree in the kitchen, which I like.

And in my room...I have one-multicoloured lights tree and another more blueish-white lights tree.

I have an awful lot of lights in my room at Christmas though. :blush: I have no shame!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    I absolutely love both, but if I had to choose one I'd choose multi-coloured. We have multi-coloured lights on our big tree (also with a decoration on pretty much every branch... and I absolutely adore our tree!), but white lights on the little tree in the kitchen, which I like.

And in my room...I have one-multicoloured lights tree and another more blueish-white lights tree.

I have an awful lot of lights in my room at Christmas though. :blush: I have no shame!

The tree in the bottom right if the corner is is exactly the kind of tree I like.