Options

Dancing with the stars season 5 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Options
    ErinfanErinfan Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Alec and Edyta got married last month didn't they??

I loved the show, they were amazing for first dances. I sense a lot of previous dance training however for a couple of them, which I don't think is fair. Sabrina in particular. They said Jane gave up ballet at 16, but I read that it was later and she actually worked for the Kirov ballet before her injury. You can see the experience in her lines. Ballroom is very different however and you can't deny she did a fantastic job!

Loved Sabrina and Mark's chemistry and Derek is such a nice guy-hope Jennie loosens up!

Great show - bring on the men!
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bigtoe wrote: »
    No, mines doing that a little bit.Might be the time delay. Alec and Edyta are getting married soon. I think I've missed Derek, darn it. I'm not picking up the same vibe at all as the last series.

Derek was on first, and he looked like a natural on the show, great choreo, as usual, from him, from what I could see, and only 22. Amazing!! :cool:

I think a woman could win it this time, Mark's partner, the Cheetah girl, reminded me a bit of Leticia Dean.

Tough competition, actually I hope one of the girls doesn't go out, as they were all good.

Didn't think the male co-host worked, agree with you bigtoe, they should've got another female in. They said that Sam had a baby girl yesterday, so she'll prob be off for a while yet. It's another Tess and Natasha situation in series 2. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the guys tomorrow night. One or two have large fan bases already.
    Wondering if I can do two more nights.
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    Derek was on first, and he looked like a natural on the show, great choreo, as usual, from him, from what I could see, and only 22. Amazing!! :cool:

I think a woman could win it this time, Mark's partner, the Cheetah girl, reminded me a bit of Leticia Dean.

Tough competition, actually I hope one of the girls doesn't go out, as they were all good.

Didn't think the male co-host worked, agree with you bigtoe, they should've got another female in. They said that Sam had a baby girl yesterday, so she'll prob be off for a while yet. It's another Tess and Natasha situation in series 2. ;)
    I didn't think that worked either. They should of got the first winner of dancing with the stars to do it. I think her name was Kelly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only got to see Mel B and Jane's performances but i thought they were really good.

They were two of the best, they really did Britain proud. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the guys tomorrow night. One or two have large fan bases already.
    Wondering if I can do two more nights.

With the many advert breaks it really makes it long.

Really enjoyed the Pro Group dance to open the show to Dancing Fool. Great routine...mind you saw that when the screen was still small....didn't know then I could click zoom to make it bigger....:o :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres been a big uproar apparently over Sabrina. She had approached the show before but was told that due to her extensive dance background, it wouldn't be fair on the other contestants. In view of that big advantage she was rejected. Now though, they seem to have put that to one side to pull in the younger viewers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the many advert breaks it really makes it long.

Really enjoyed the Pro Group dance to open the show to Dancing Fool. Great routine...mind you saw that when the screen was still small....didn't know then I could click zoom to make it bigger....:o :D

Missed that as well :mad:
    Was there a guest singer on tonight ? Dolly Partons on with Derek/Julianne and Mark/Cheryl dancing. I don't know if thats tomorrow or results night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I got to watch the first week of this, even if I will be back over the pond next week, actually quite enjoyed it. Loved the pro dance to open the show, thought it was great. Liked Jennie Garth but she just seemed very reserved, hope Derek can have her letting go and performing a bit more soon. Thought Mel B and Jane Seymour were two of the best. Sabrina's was ruined for me by her hip hop part in the middle, thought she should have got her marks docked a bit more for that. Think it's a bit of a joke that she's taking part to be honest, she's clearly a trained dancer. I've no problem with someone taking part who had some dance lessons a while ago, but her career is pretty much dancing and singing from what I understand. She's a huge advantage over the others. Hated that every foxtrot was out of hold, I know its the American way but it doesn't mean it's not going to irritate me. Len and Bruno over the top and overmarking as usual. Marie Osmond did my head in.
  • Options
    grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see a re-hashing of the Emma/Louisa script. I wonder if Mel B was Sabrina's favourite Spice Girl and an inspiration. Know doubt she is voting for Mel B. Later in the series they are absolutely best friends and hate competing against each other, particularly when they're in the bottom two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFpjPOWZ7k0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping that Raphael will upload the pro dance as he usually does. Can't believe I missed it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only seen Mel's performance and I thought she was pretty good. Glad we've got a break from Samantha as she annoyed me a bit, although she became less awful as series 4 went on.

Giving 8s and 9s in the first show is no doubt a sign of things to come...probably 10s next week...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very impressed with their opening show. Most of the women have some form of dance training, didn't mind that at all. It showed in their dances.
    The pro dance was fab...great lifts, high energy, loved the choreography. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Derek and Mark. Already their introduction has brought and burst of freshness and energy that I think will be missing from this years Strictly (as they are bringing the same pros!). I'm thinking Derek had a big hand in the pro dance choreography, I noticed a few moves he choreographed for Team Bruno when they danced to the same song in Dance X. I hope Derek stays for a while, he doesn't have the strongest chemistry with Jennie, who gave a good first performance, but he's a very charismatic performer and of course a brilliant dancer. Why didn't the BBC keep him over for SCD?!!!
    Haven't really liked the DWTS pros before but they've got a good mix now. Just don't understand that since Tony seems to be the pro who is going to get the older women why didn't they bring back Nick instead?!
    Jane is Tony's best partner since Stacy though, very elegant.
    The judges gave some pretty astute, relevant comments, i was surprised! I hope it lasts!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missed that as well :mad:
    Was there a guest singer on tonight ? Dolly Partons on with Derek/Julianne and Mark/Cheryl dancing. I don't know if thats tomorrow or results night.

No, no musical guests last night, they had the full parade, but then the men and their pro partners sat in the front row of the audience, and they showed them a fair bit and interviewed them all. Some look very dodgy, with bizarre wigs, and I have no clue who any of them are. They paraded in full dance costume, and one of them - think it was the model - tripped down the stairs a bit - :o but when they were sitting in the audience, they were in normal clothes, so you wonder what is live, and what isn't? They give you the impression it's all live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to mention that Clyde's partner Elena is missing from the pro line-up too. But I definitely agree, the youngsters do bring in a great energy, enthusiasm, and choreographic ideas. :cool:

Derek rocks!! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in a quandry now, I really can't stand Sabrina already. But even though Mark seems a bighead, I do want to see him carry on dancing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention that Clyde's partner Elena is missing from the pro line-up too. But I definitely agree, the youngsters do bring in a great energy, enthusiasm, and choreographic ideas. :cool:

Derek rocks!! :)

Wonder if that was punishment for throwing herself at Apolo :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in a quandry now, I really can't stand Sabrina already. But even though Mark seems a bighead, I do want to see him carry on dancing.

It'll be interesting to see in America if there's a similar backlash against Sabrina for being a dancer already, or if the viewers just think we'll vote for her if she's the best.

Corky & Shirley Ballas's pupils all seem to be uber confident and bubbly dancers don't they?

Just rememberd that the pro who partnered Miss America isn't there this time round either. He was quite young, but they've culled quite a few pros, and added new ones...unless their diaries were full....;)

Incidentally, with so many really TALL female celebs last time, Laila, Miss America, Paulina, all about 6ft, I think the couples look much better matched this series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if that was punishment for throwing herself at Apolo :D

Er...spill, bigtoe!! You know I know nothing and am in need of the goss innit! :eek: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er...spill, bigtoe!! You know I know nothing and am in need of the goss innit! :eek: :D

Well, it was picked up on, that during the final rolling credits that she jumped on him, like a lover would, you know what I'm saying ;) whispering in his ear and all that.
    It seemed to imply that an they'd already been there *cough*. Julianne spots whats happened and comes over to put a proprietary hand on his shoulder ;)
    I was looking out for it and its there alright :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: :o Oooh! *rushes over to Raphael's site to check in the vain hope it's there*

BTW somehow I guessed that the American Pros weren't quite as chummy as ours.....;)
  • Options
    grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: :o Oooh! *rushes over to Raphael's site to check in the vain hope it's there*

BTW somehow I guessed that the American Pros weren't quite as chummy as ours.....;)

Watched some of the dances on myoxisbroken. She nearly always gets them up before Raphael.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gritty wrote: »
    Watched some of the dances on myoxisbroken. She nearly always gets them up before Raphael.

YAY! :D

http://www.myoxisbroken.com/OxArticle.aspx?id=524
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It certainly was! Verrrry intriguing, and much longer credits than we got on the Beeb, and news of a DWTS live tour they had over the Summer, plus, another Pro dance from the Final we didn't see. :mad: A VW/FT but sadly it's not working on Raph's site. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW just browsing Raphael's site, I note that the first series of DWTS had 6 couples only, with no eliminations till week 3, and checking the vids, the Freestyle Finales were pretty poor really.

Already by series 2 there were 10 couples and a huge change of Pros.