Dancing with the stars season 5 *SPOILERS*

1555657585961»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    I agree La Rhumba, I thought our Finale was better than DWTS. I was disappointed in Mel & Maks Showdance and thought they could have done a lot better. Loved Alesha's outfit for her showdance - it reminded me of Mel's Paso outfit a bit. I thought both Matthew and Flavia as the professionals came up with some brilliant choreography and their respective celebs performed it to their utmost.

I loved the whole thing! The only sad note for me was that Mel B and Emma didn't do a twirl round the dance floor when the Spice Girls did their bit.

Mel C's Doctor-Seuss-esque hat was a bit of a low point for me :o
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised we didn't see Mel B and Emma have a twirl too! Especially as Darren Bennett was performing to their song, and it would've been nice for Bruce to mention that Mel B had done so well in DWTS, for the majority of viewers who aren't obsessive internet forumites like us! :o:D

Was nice to see Mel B was the first to applaud the pro dancers at the end of their song though. :)

I must say, I think the style of Judge's Choice we've had for the past 2 seasons on SCD have worked wonderfully well. :cool:

I thought last year it would be a filler, as there was only a 2 person Final, but it was a highlight. Likewise this year again, it was fabulous.
    My fears for a 2 person Final were unfounded. When the pros and celebs can come up with such quality dancing and choreography over 5 Dances on one evening you have to bow in appreciation and admiration. :cool:

IMO, the Ballroom to start off, building to the Latin, the Judge's Choice comparison, the group VW, climaxing with the Showdance was a perfect format. :)

I still feel that DWTS 5 suffered from the format for the Finale, and ofcourse there's no legislation against producing a poor Freestyle. :( Though in the case of 2 headstrong people like Marie and Mel, perhaps their pros listened to them too much re the choreography and music and theme.
    Julianne obviously told Helio what they were going to do, and she knew best! ;)
    The Pros are the experts, and we should leave it in their hands, DWTS celebs please take note for next season.
  • Lola192000Lola192000 Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to see what the DWTS pros think of the SCD freestyles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dancing with the Stars is much much better than SCD and the quality of the professional dancers is much better too IMHO. Love Dancing with the Stars, hate SCD and Brucie!!

I can't agree with that! I think the pros on both shows are absolutely brilliant. If anything I'd probably say the SCD pros have the edge but I've only seen 2 series of DWTS compared to 5 of Strictly so maybe I'm biased.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Hero, Tom Bergeron on the Jimmy Kimmel chat show. :cool:

Great interview, he does Mime! :cool:
    And chats about appearing in Star Trek.
    And being shy in company he doesn't know. Aw. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5G7h1Tl_l0

I like this interviewer Jimmy Kimmel, have seen a few clips with him, also the chat with Floyd Mayweather, and he's another great host. Very funny too. :D

This was broadcast the first week of the last series, and Jimmy's predictions are uncanny!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL here he is again, dancing the Quickstep with Ashly DelGrosso in season 2! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_634sfaOkAQ

WOW! Here's Samantha showing she's quite a mover, dancing the Jive with Jonathan. :cool:
    (Also series 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSJHRhU6nyk&feature=related

Hmmm, we've seen Brucie dance, but how about Tess next year? ;)